Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491757 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2014, 03:14:03 am »

Hmm... I've been thinking a bit about what people commented on after reading about Angel's character sheet... and frankly I'd really like to steer away from 40k for this guy, it's not really what I'm shooting for... so I'm thinking of redoing his call-sign before it comes up in game, along with anything else that warrants changing... but I'm coming up a bit blank...I want to stick with the fallen angel theme a bit but I'm having a hard time coming up with something snappy enough... can anyone suggest something? Also suggestions as to background tweaks to avoid the 40k impression that people are obviously taking away will be gratefully recieved as well.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2014, 03:39:04 am »

Well, you could have the former implants be stated to have been some sort of implanted auto-manipulator unit and explore the possible hidden fear that the genetic manipulation may turn Angel into a pseudo-altered. That should root him into ER's universe and provide various potential options for further differentiation.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:58 am »

A ha!
I found my copy of Spore GA, and made a picture of what Xan looks like right now. It's kinda small, but here: http://imgur.com/NaGlTBo
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #723 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:49 am »

Hey now. Something was CLEARLY wrong with Grate, and the only reason I shot Mesk's shuttle (Sorry mate.) was because the crystal would have, and I saved their lives. So I'll only shoot you to save your life.
Why would the crystal shoot the shuttle? It only shot to defend itself and its offspring. And to carve that giant canyon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 12, 2014, 04:44:38 am »

The shuttle was loaded up with damn near every single piece of heavy ordinance we could shove on it. And even if it didn't notice that, what do you do when a bug flies in your face?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2014, 04:50:38 am »

The shuttle was loaded up with damn near every single piece of heavy ordinance we could shove on it. And even if it didn't notice that, what do you do when a bug flies in your face?
Assuming you can see the bug. It only responded directly to our attacks. I seriously doubt it could even see.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2014, 05:14:27 am »

Well, every other time we'd interacted with us it shot at us with alarming accuracy. I thought that if you went out, you'd get shot down, and that would leave the rest of the mission in serious trouble. Most of our ordinance went on the shuttle, as well as some of the most experienced/powerful members of the team. Anyway, we already argued this waaaaay back when it actually happened, so let's drop it eh?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2014, 06:47:44 am »

Sure, just wanted to point out that you think you saved everyone. Whether you actually did that or not is open to debate.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2014, 09:28:40 am »

I just recalled what I was going to do: invite Skylar to join Joker team and see if Steve can concede piloting rights of the Black Ship to him. A stealthy ship should fit like a glove for Joker team and Skylar did so much to save that vessel he deserves to keep flying it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:18 am »

((Team Marabou, good. Everyone knows names beginning with M bring good luck in ER. :P ))
Suggestion noted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2014, 10:52:20 am »

((These are team layouts. If you wanna switch, find someone to switch with, work it out among yourselves and tell PW. Team nicknames chosen at 'random'. Sure, one could go for more conventional or cooler animals, but where's the fun in that?))

@ PW: these are my final teams for planet defense. Confirm?

[spoiler=Team layouts]Underlined: team leaders, I just picked whoever if it wasn't obvious who it ought to be, you can change this if there's consensus within that team. I don't expect a team leader to be any good at his job, roleplaying intense incompetence could be very !fun! after all, but I do hope team leaders to be semi-active at least.
Team E 'Aye-aye':
-Gorat
-Thaddeus
-Teal
-Denzel
+ 1  Light Infantry Sod Squad

Team Aye-aye? Wait, what, Team Aye-aye Leader?! Surely there's someone better on the team. Okay, not Teal, he kicked the nuke. Thaddeus, he's kind of new. Denzel... I can't recall anything bad about him. He's also in a robot body, right?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:11 am »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2014, 11:45:42 am »

A ha!
I found my copy of Spore GA, and made a picture of what Xan looks like right now. It's kinda small, but here: http://imgur.com/NaGlTBo

Cool
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 12, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »

The teams seem to be missing quite a few active people. May, Thomas, Mesk, Bishop, Jobasio, STEPHEN, a lot of new recruits.
Also, poor Lerman. I'd be careful because Morul will shoot you, Auron will steal all your stuff, and then Xan will consume your corpse.
Those people either didn't give any team preference, or gave any sort of mention they want to join this mission. Or they did, I missed and nobody repeated it. Either way, I can't possible keep track of who is or isn't playing, or who even wants to join the next mission despite posting actively at the moment. If they say they do want to join, then I'll just stick them in a combat or defense team as needed.

I added our three new recruits though, post updated.

Hey now. Something was CLEARLY wrong with Grate, and the only reason I shot Mesk's shuttle (Sorry mate.) was because the crystal would have, and I saved their lives. So I'll only shoot you to save your life.

Well, every other time we'd interacted with us it shot at us with alarming accuracy. I thought that if you went out, you'd get shot down, and that would leave the rest of the mission in serious trouble. Most of our ordinance went on the shuttle, as well as some of the most experienced/powerful members of the team. Anyway, we already argued this waaaaay back when it actually happened, so let's drop it eh?
Nope. Go reread it: after you shot the shuttle, and after the copious amounts of talking that followed, we still went through with the plan Miya proposed (which wasn't to shoot the crystal, but to be in a position to do something if it turned out it was going to further damage our base, with intent our by accident), a few people just didn't join us. In the end, only Miya and Lukas were ever in any real risk, and we paid the price for trying to stop the crystal from stomping over our base. Funny detail is how, despite our best efforts, it still continued to heavily damage the base when it ran into the gravity field, so Miya's analyses (that it would damage our only lifeline on the planetoid) was correct in the end. I suspect we didn't get a TPK because we got a lucky background roll That it had a 'screw you and your technology' supershield was something we couldn't possibly know about.

Anyways, I'll shut up about it now, sonce you asked it, but I still think what we did back there was a reasonable respons given the circumstances. Oh, and hindsight 20/20.

I just recalled what I was going to do: invite Skylar to join Joker team and see if Steve can concede piloting rights of the Black Ship to him. A stealthy ship should fit like a glove for Joker team and Skylar did so much to save that vessel he deserves to keep flying it.
Oh c'mon, the proposed team layout have been put up weeks ago, and the moment I finish it up you propose a change. Fine by me, but you'll have to find someone to replace sky in that squad if the reserve team needs her. Or just arrange it with PW and put up the revised roster.))

Team Aye-aye? Wait, what, Team Aye-aye Leader?! Surely there's someone better on the team. Okay, not Teal, he kicked the nuke. Thaddeus, he's kind of new. Denzel... I can't recall anything bad about him. He's also in a robot body, right?
Well, if Doomblade is ok with it, I'll just make him team leader.))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:46:17 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 2205