Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490566 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #735 on: February 12, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »

I'm on team blobfish. Really kicked the bucket on these names  :P.

Also, what ship does our squad get?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2014, 04:13:46 pm »

((@RC:I called you Miyamoto because it was an IC sort of OOC, if that makes sense.

I was thinking the boarding pods would be similar to the drop pods in level of danger. Hence my concern.
But that's OK. If I die, I died. I always played Flint as someone willing to risk his life.
Just for the record, if I permadie, I leave all my belongings to Miyamoto (since I probably won't be able to take the Battlesuit with me) to redistribute as he sees fit.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2014, 04:22:09 pm »

((@RC:I called you Miyamoto because it was an IC sort of OOC, if that makes sense.

I was thinking the boarding pods would be similar to the drop pods in level of danger. Hence my concern.
But that's OK. If I die, I died. I always played Flint as someone willing to risk his life.
Just for the record, if I permadie, I leave all my belongings to Miyamoto (since I probably won't be able to take the Battlesuit with me) to redistribute as he sees fit.))

((Hey, I understand, believe me I do. But as you can see from the other thread, players are getting bored out of their minds. So sorry for rushing things, but I know this kind of situation: if we aren't willing to just wing it a little we'll never get there, since using every single RU to its fullest means an enormously difficult task of considering all the options, then testing them all out in VR.

Also you, by virtue of Gilgamesh, are the third or fourth best armored player, so no worries! Well, maybe a few worries, but not too much.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »

You'll be fine. I have to charge enemy positions with a big ass laser knife and a Mk2 armour suit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #739 on: February 12, 2014, 04:27:26 pm »

((The problem is that a battlesuit probably won't fit in the boarding pod, so I'll probably be relying on my MK2 and monorazor.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2014, 04:32:04 pm »

((The problem is that a battlesuit probably won't fit in the boarding pod, so I'll probably be relying on my MK2 and monorazor.))

I think PW will just explain that away as using special big pods or something. Otherwise people like Miya or Lukas also aren't coming (though Miya might stay behind anyway to deal with stragglers). but hey, those pods are launching before the ground battle is fully over, so Flint can just keep fighting there if Gilgamesh is too big.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:34:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 12, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

((I wanna hack into the environmentals and meddle with the ships lighting so it constantly turns on and off... then run around with my thermal and echolocation visual filters suckerpunching the UWM personnel while theyre blinded.))

((Oh and if the pods are anything like shuttles battle suits and avatars get strapped to the bottom instead of sitting inside.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »

Bah! why do I bother using photoshop if I get less notice than MS paint?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »

The poor bastards you're liberating are basically only gonna be found in the infirmary. Of the few hundred that were here to begin with there's maybe half surviving and they've been rescued from the wreckage.
*whistles innocently*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »

((I do believe all the shuttles will be piloted by Steve, so no player pilots needed.))

Yeah, I know. I'm talking about after this mission. The Black Ship is a ship made for stealth and I wanted to have Skylar join Joker so he can be the team's pilot.

((Oh c'mon, the proposed team layout have been put up weeks ago, and the moment I finish it up you propose a change. Fine by me, but you'll have to find someone to replace sky in that squad if the reserve team needs her. Or just arrange it with PW and put up the revised roster.))

Being stealthy has little use in the next battle since it'll more a matter of force - my intention is having Skylar join Milno in future missions, not in this one.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:37:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 12, 2014, 09:21:16 pm »

Team Aye-aye? Wait, what, Team Aye-aye Leader?! Surely there's someone better on the team. Okay, not Teal, he kicked the nuke. Thaddeus, he's kind of new. Denzel... I can't recall anything bad about him. He's also in a robot body, right?
Well, if Doomblade is ok with it, I'll just make him team leader.))
((I'm fine with it.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2014, 07:03:34 am »

((And I'm fairly sure there is no 'pile of weapons' lying on the ground, unspecified teammate(s) whom we gave our weapons still hold them for us, aren't they? ))

Someone else mentioned a pile of weapons and putting something in it, so I'm assuming that there's something there. Felix was the only one who actually took anything to hold onto, and he only took Morul's stuff.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2014, 08:07:26 am »

ahhhahaha....

God it's early.

You. Yooou. That one. Yeah, him.

Timebomb. Yep. No stopping it. Better then the alternative.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2014, 10:04:22 am »

Ohhhh. Any of you like exploring vast, alien architecture? Or maybe that manga "BLAME!"?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265690

Get some of this.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2014, 10:05:14 am »

Hey guys, I might not be able to post for a few days, this latest winter storm has really screwed things up around here, we've got trees, power lines, and even a few of the power poles themselves are down, and we are low-priority for repairs.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 2205