Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493415 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7770 on: July 31, 2014, 02:17:24 am »

Still doesn't make sense to provide them with therapy.
Any inmate that determined to fight the HMRC/ARM rather than its enemies could be shocked unconscious and disposed of as necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: July 31, 2014, 02:19:24 am »

Yeah, inmates are disposable. And if there were a cure for stasis dementia... well it probably still wouldn't have been used on inmates, but the game might have been a lot more boring. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: July 31, 2014, 07:55:58 am »

Also, does the ship have a psychiatrist or a therapist or something? Because you would think that a ship full of criminals would have one on the off chance one gets released they'll be productive members of society.

The AM has a huge stock of recreational pharmaceuticals that are handed out freely; does that count?

"Smokes and most drugs are free. So many of our, eh, clients, are already addicted that it's just easier to supply them and keep them happy, rather then make me have to tear the heads off every junkie who tries to raid the booth for pills. As per smokes, we got HMRC standards, Blue smokes, Mellows, Twitchers, and Vision sticks. As per ones ya have to pay for, we have a crate of Earth-3 cigars, and a few special concoctions that the guys before you thought of."

You enter the armory just as the armory master hauls out a big box and starts poking through it. May is standing around next to the kiosk, bouncing up and down with excitement.

"We got all kinds of hallucinogens." The armory master says, pulling a handful of varied pills and tablets and what looks like candy out of the box and stuffing it through the slot in the kiosk window. "Take your pick."

Both you and may gather up the entire fist full between yourselves and stuff them in your bag.

You take a handful of pills and tablets and jam them into your face.

"Yeah. Yeah that's a good idea." The armory master says, shaking her head before returning to her book. "Have fun with that."

You start to feel like you might have made a mistake but then Thomas turns into a walking phallus and everything seems fine in this universe of happy purple shrimp chimps with the pink liquid cotton candy shoes and screaming parrots made of weight based shame.

Etc.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: July 31, 2014, 07:59:06 am »

That's practical, kind of explains things more than just saying no, and is actually worse than I would think.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: July 31, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »

Spoiler: New Convict (click to show/hide)
Can I have conditional will checks?

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Or have their char be mindfucked. Same result here.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: July 31, 2014, 12:59:51 pm »

Well, at least it would be fun

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: July 31, 2014, 01:01:05 pm »

You can be plenty crazy without needing GM-given rolls to do so. Hell, half of the GM's rolls result in characters doing crazy things anyway, whether their character is a complete nutcase or not! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: July 31, 2014, 01:07:42 pm »

Yep. My character, though a Merc with a +1 to intuition rolls, decided to try and eat a table as is first meal on-ship.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: July 31, 2014, 01:11:32 pm »

Well, at least it would be fun

If you make piecewise roll for your RP rather than do it yourself, it's only going to end in disappointment. Like for Renen, who just made himself boringly asexual rather than allow himself to become an extraordinary Pervert of Peace.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:38 pm »

Can I start playing without conditional rolls or wait for definite answer from piecewise?
Edit: I don't want him to roleplay me.
Just thing like attack anyone in sight

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: July 31, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »

You should try experimenting with unknown alien artefacts, they often have similar effects. :)
But yeah, I get what you mean. It's up to Piecewise if he can be bothered keeping track of such things, I guess.
And yeah, you can start playing whenever, just fall out of a stasis pod as is the usual routine.

Edit:
Walk away with my toolbox, head right out of the inmate section and into the other parts of the ship. Look for someone who looks like they require help of some sort.
Looks like it's SIDEQUEST TIME!
When I get back on-ship I will totally recruit you in my pizza-nabbing grand plan.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:23:25 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7781 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:32 pm »

Gorat walks over to the kiosk. "G'day officer. I'd like to, firstly, purchase a mass manipulation psychokinetic amp," he says, passing on the requisite (and his only) seven tokens, "and I'd like to perform some tests about that stasis suit I got. I was thinking that some sort of ball machine, pitching machine, with the requisite balls of course, might be useful there. I don't suppose you have something like that I could lend? If you do have something, would it cost any tokens to lend?"

Purchase. Inquire.

You can always just ask the AM to attack you. Quicker and easier. What could possibly go wrong? If she says she's not going to do it, then make some kind of sexual remark, get into stasis and reemerge in orbit around Kano test how patiently the AM can wait for you hope someone else distracts her and find out how powerful that stasis effect really is.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: July 31, 2014, 03:27:05 pm »

Has... Has the AM killed someone before?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: July 31, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »

I think so.

Spaced them from what I recall.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

If Cecil dies I may make a character who develops a horrible crush and tries to romance the AM with stuff he brings back from missions.

A stalker, essentially.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 2205