Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493968 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15195 on: April 06, 2015, 04:16:05 pm »

Due to the re-stating, optimizing stat allocation is a very attractive proposition even for veterans.

And since the sharksuit seems like good armor that's repairable by carbon, I'm considering having Milno train quickly "bleeding" segmented sharkmist armor over his skin for emergencies. And probably create a suit of external armor I'll either wear normally or attach to the MkIII too.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: April 06, 2015, 04:27:32 pm »

You could probably sell those external armor suits and call them an upgraded sharksuit for a token more. Or personalize them to people and charge more.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15197 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »

Okay, how about we start discussing the new-system Nyartifact tags?

First, I think that the order matters, as in "tags are not created equal, each must know it's place". At the very least, the "numerical" tags with second lowercase letter always go last; and at most each tag can be assigned a specific place in the order of tags.

Second, given the existence of ICH and UCH, DEWA and TWA, as well as Ui-,Uj-,Um- and Pa-, Po-, and Pm-, it might be that the tags themselves are not atoms and can be split/modified - or, just the same, tags with close names share certain similar properties defined by their naming similarities.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: April 06, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »

You could probably sell those external armor suits and call them an upgraded sharksuit for a token more. Or personalize them to people and charge more.

I have the feeling it might take a lot of eating or keeping pieces of solid carbon handy to effectively create armor without losing bits of Milno's body. If I ever manage to actually create external armor, I'll prioritize thin vests and lightweight stuff for Joker so we can possibly wear them under thicker or larger clothes. Even if they're found out you can theoretically give bad excuses involving sportswear babble.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15199 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:42 pm »

You can always buy those things though. Unless you mean something like creating them during a mission.
Might be better to just focus on learning how you can harden your flesh temporarily in order to get extra armour.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: April 06, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »

Part of my research is going to be about quickly creating it in case of emergencies/need, yeah. And the external armor research focuses on the possibility of extra, perfectly-fitted armor for Milno/Joker without having to pay for it/loan from the armory.

@Nikitian: We'll probably get a few more artifacts purchased and a better image formed in no time, too.

"You could show me instead of telling me." he said using his other hand to point behind him, behind Gilgamesh's leg.
"Wanna go have some fun?"

I never knew Flint was the catgirl type.
>Yes?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15201 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »

Part of my research is going to be about quickly creating it in case of emergencies/need, yeah. And the external armor research focuses on the possibility of extra, perfectly-fitted armor for Milno/Joker without having to pay for it/loan from the armory.
Ah, that sounds good, although I don't think piecewise would be happy to have people being handed free armour, unless it stays with Joker team.

"You could show me instead of telling me." he said using his other hand to point behind him, behind Gilgamesh's leg.
"Wanna go have some fun?"
I never knew Flint was the catgirl type.
Nah, I think Flint is more of a dog person.[/comically_missing_the_point] Or at least would be, if they had living pets that weren't just for the super rich on his home planet.

Joking aside, part of Flint's backstory that I never got a chance to write was the fact that he fell in love with one of the ilegally genemodded people while staying with them. I've never written a visual description of that person, but I could put some cat characteristics in there if I wanted to mess with Lenglon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: April 06, 2015, 05:36:36 pm »

if I wanted to mess with Lenglon.
doesn't matter to me, and Lyra has no way to know if you don't tell her. How she acts could be affected by Flint saying stuff about it to her, but that's kinda how interacting with people works. People saying things to other people always has an effect.

so... *shrugs* do as you wish.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: April 06, 2015, 05:50:55 pm »

Ah, that sounds good, although I don't think piecewise would be happy to have people being handed free armour, unless it stays with Joker team.

Yeah, I'm not going nuts and distributing freebies. Free armor is supposed to be Joker-only and maybe even mission-only, if only because we'd probably be constantly trying to loan discreet armor from the armory anyway.
>Yes?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: April 06, 2015, 05:53:58 pm »

I do feel like the freebies get/got a little out of hand.  But that's just my opinion.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: April 06, 2015, 05:59:08 pm »

I forget, has anyone ever tried to create a photonic laser thruster or any similar mostly electric-based propulsion system? I'm interested in an alternative for the MkIII's traditional fuel rockets that works both in and out of an atmosphere. I ask because I'll have Milno research into it soon.
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: April 06, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

I forget, has anyone ever tried to create a photonic laser thruster or any similar mostly electric-based propulsion system? I'm interested in an alternative for the MkIII's traditional fuel rockets that works both in and out of an atmosphere. I ask because I'll have Milno research into it soon.

Not to my knowledge. Hey, if you can do that and get it to work, you'd be the most awesome ever
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: April 06, 2015, 06:14:51 pm »

Okay, how about we start discussing the new-system Nyartifact tags?

First, I think that the order matters, as in "tags are not created equal, each must know it's place". At the very least, the "numerical" tags with second lowercase letter always go last; and at most each tag can be assigned a specific place in the order of tags.

Second, given the existence of ICH and UCH, DEWA and TWA, as well as Ui-,Uj-,Um- and Pa-, Po-, and Pm-, it might be that the tags themselves are not atoms and can be split/modified - or, just the same, tags with close names share certain similar properties defined by their naming similarities.

Random thoughts for the moment:
  • the <letters> tags are probably abbreviations or acronyms. They would be in a sensible tagging system, and PW seems to like sensible systems, no matter how bizarre they look to the uninformed
  • The Xx<number> tags probably designate a property with variable intensity. This makes me very interested in someone getting their hands on the DESOLATE MARBLE artifact immediately, before Nyars restocks (he probably already has)

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: April 06, 2015, 06:22:05 pm »

Not to my knowledge. Hey, if you can do that and get it to work, you'd be the most awesome ever

Keep in mind that it would take 2.93 billion watts to lift a kilogram against Earth's gravity.  (1.788 million horsepower per pound)  Any laser that could lift a man, spacesuit and armor nonwithstanding, would be a superweapon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15209 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

I know it's ungentlemanly to ask a lady, but...

@Lenglon: Quick question, after the cube, how much would you say Lyra weighs? Because I want to know if I'm reacting to a surprising and surprisingly light impact or a surprising heavy impact.
I'm assuming that while the cube made you lightweight, it didn't make you so lightweight as to render your attacks (like punching) useless. Plus you are partly mechanical now.
Jumping at someone that is not wearing armour from something as high as a battlesuit with only hard metal floor below them would not be very pleasant for them, assuming you're around 20kgs.
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 2205