Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180826 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #645 on: June 02, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »

Haha, I'm pretty sure you're on the wrong island for that.
I will doubtless be imbibing some bourbon and coke in a few hours or so, myself. Not for a gaming sesh, though, but I am well aware of how enjoyable FPS are whilst buzzed. Add some music to get you fully in the zone and it's truly a recipe for ownage.

Feel pity for us Australians. Not only do we have some of the highest alcohol taxes in the world, we're also legally banned from selling alcohol from grocery stores. Only licensed stores that exclusively sell alcoholic drinks are allowed to stock alcohol for retail sale. Good luck finding a 6 pack of anything for less than $12 too, barring the absolute bottom of the barrel.
Not in Melbourne, thankfully!
At least in Aldi stores and IGAs they sell booze right alongside the groceries, and stores like Coles and Woolworths usually have a liquor store connected. Both those chains have a variety of specials in conjunction with their respective liquor store, too; at the bottom of your receipt will be a voucher for a $10 six pack. Pretty nice I guess, although I still prefer those 30-can slabs of Hammer 'n' Tongs for their sheer value...

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2017, 11:01:46 pm »

After months of avoiding the inevitable, I have broken up with my boyfriend. Time for quantum shots that are both celebratory and sad at the same time!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 11, 2017, 02:39:48 pm »

*raises glass*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 11, 2017, 03:30:27 pm »

*downs a shot*  Good luck, quinnr.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2017, 11:41:01 pm »

Got (kinda) drunk with dad.  Been sorting sorta plannin' to do this for a while now, off an on.  So many ideas about what I'd say and stuff.
It was pretty nice.  made a lot of comments over Babylon 5, many of which he seemed to find amusing or insightful.  I think he stopped drinking around then but still
Then...  we basically futzed around with Google Play Music and a CERTAIN techno album a friend of his shared with us 12 years ago.  Barry Nielson, Maybe Days.  We tried to share it but the tutorial was wrong and we were drunk/tired

That nostalgia though
I did dance a bit, hehe.  It felt really good.  Despite leg sunburn (or partially because, maybe, who knows at this point)
I feel like everything is pretty alright.  I've actually felt like that almost this entire visit, which is ending tomorrow.  Excepting that brief lapse last night.

It'll be good to be home AW SHIt i'M visiting my mom and brother next not going home .  fucck
fuuuuuuck my legs hurt

i miss my ex ):  I think I'll- aw, not online.  was just going to chat
seriously a couple blisters on my feet and ankles popped, that's probably not great?  Keeping them clean though.

why the fuck do birds sing at 1AM these days, fuck summer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voIWNMnpDu8
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 21, 2017, 12:17:29 am »

Sounds like a fun time to me. Dad drinks can be a good way to bond with the ol' man, in my experience.   
Or at least have less of the mild awkwardness that I tend to encounter with mine. *shrug*

...Man, this thread. This reminds me of (approximately) how much I drank on the weekend. Gosh.
Probably would have been better to drink at least a little bit less than I did, but I think I held it together pretty well, especially considering how little I've been drinking lately. As far as I can remember. >.> Oh well, at least everyone else in Brisbane city's DPZ was presumably either also drunk as shit or otherwise impaired, or employed to deal with those of us who are. I'd have at least a vague inkling of unpleasant memory if I'd made an arse of myself, so I think I'm all good there, it'd just be nice to remember the good times that were had a bit more clearly. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2017, 09:43:47 pm »

[Redacted stupid/stupid overly-drunk stream of consciousness nonsense]

There's really a big difference between having a good time, and fucking one's self up in a cowardly way.

That said, I was almost blind-stinking drunk with my dad when we had another talk this week.  To the point that I forgot some things, but remembered other things, and...  Once he noticed how far gone I was...  He really did open up too.
What a mess we are, heh.

Anyways, I calculate I'm about 10 drinks down today at 3PM.  Other-half-of-family visit shit.  Woo-fucking-hoo, I need to relax after being so sociable for so long.

I really don't understand extroverts at all.  On the plus side, I only get lonely when I'm drunk, so it's not all bad.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:25:32 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 22, 2017, 09:37:23 pm »

I taste the glorious madness on my tongue.  Cheap box wine.

I fondly regard the memory of good quality beer, yesterday, just a taste.  Not nearly enough to be drunk, but a calming whisper in a harsh time.  And compared to the swill I drink alone, delicious in taste~

There is a beauty in drinking with friends, or in this case... family.

Still I remember liquor.  Sharp and hateful, vicious, self-denying.  Self-hating.  Mmmn, the night is young, I have a reserve~

*I whip my hair back and forth*
I kinda like simple light beer, for just relaxing a little in moderation.  It punishes you if you go overzealous and get drunk, especially in the morning, but only if you try to use it like liquor.

The wine is madness, ahah, yesh (sic).  The wine is red.  Take me away, for a spell.
https://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer/the-tankard-basher-1

I can't even find the translation, anymore
and I no longer care!  I've shared it enough times by now, and it's... it's DWARF-en, it's a pitiful puzzle!

I see now:  All alcohol can lead to oblivion.  It approaches, even now.
Cheap wine is basically the best, though.  It energizes during the highlight, yet ushers you to the quiet.
Better than beer which makes you "go", and liquor which makes you fucking hate life and people and everything!

Or maybe I just avoid sugar 99% of the time, so sweet wine tastes like bliss~
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »

I taste the glorious madness on my tongue.  Cheap box wine.   
Goon. 'Scalled goon. I graciously permit you to use the convenient Australian term for such glorious, attractively-packaged liquid.
Hmm, come to think of it, a box of goon could go a long way towards making the next few days less of a slog, without bankrupting me so badly as a slab would...
I'm amazed that I hadn't thought of this earlier.
Booze is Life for Yoink

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 23, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »

My neighbor gave me a bottle of wine, cause he bought 2 boxes full on special offer in the supermarket.
Now I'm a beer guy (and a moderate one a that, if I drink 3 beers in a week I consider that excessive), usually I don't drink wine.

But I just finished the bottle. I can feel the grapes overtaking me. It is a good pain wine.

I suspect i am going to be slightly sorry tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:19:44 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 23, 2017, 07:49:02 pm »

not anymore, but Long Island Iced Teas all night long.

Practical drinking.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2017, 03:08:08 am »

Must have been a good wine. No headache, no nothing. Even woke up in time to shut down the alarm before it went off.
It was not even a French wine, it was a German Pinot Grigio.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2017, 06:57:34 am »

I have developed a love for Irish Carbombs. It's a shot of Irish Cream, dropped into a suitable beer pint. You then chug the whole shebang in one go.

With a nice Stout or nutty beer, it tastes like the smoothest, creamy deliciousness.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:58 pm »

I have developed a love for Irish Carbombs. It's a shot of Irish Cream, dropped into a suitable beer pint. You then chug the whole shebang in one go.

With a nice Stout or nutty beer, it tastes like the smoothest, creamy deliciousness.

It's a shot of Baileys in a pint of Guinness, no exceptions :p

Must be drunk quickly else the Baileys curdles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2017, 08:50:25 pm »

If I recall its half a shot of baileys and half a shot of irish whiskey in a glass of guinness. And it IS fucking glorious.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 141