Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180499 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2017, 06:13:31 am »

We just won our first dnd campaign, heh
Sorta pretty wasted for most of the final session.
I've played several campaigns, this is just the first we've won.
It was a humorous one-off but still

also winning literally barely matters to me, in fact I'm amazed that my second vampire character (who declined to assault airport security due to not being malkavian) is still alive, and apparently likely to feature in future WoD campaigns.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 19, 2017, 07:11:59 am »

Had a couple of beers last night, kept myself hydrated throughout and afterward (something I've actually been doing anyway, given the physical nature of my job and how utterly unfit I am) and didn't wake up with an awful hangover. Didn't wake up with a hangover at all :o

Had a Sam Adams and a Stella, which is something I haven't had for pissing ages. Not the best lagers in the world (Sam Adams is too hoppy, Stella is... probably my body going "this? again? ffs..." heh) but then again I'm uncertain how to approach asking barstaff/restaurant servers with "gimme something with rye, man" 'cause I quite like rye-flavoured Kolsch.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 25, 2017, 03:07:08 am »

Oh good I'm actually drunk again, heavily. Huh.
I sure wish I had a gay relationship (like, recently)
I also want to create a work of art that outlives me, giving immortality.

Edit:  woops overshared
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:58:42 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2017, 03:28:16 am »

I could drive west.  I could drive west for days, sleeping in my hatchback.
I could drive to Seattle, or the outskirts.

Fuck me, my lease is nearly up, I could... I could just leave.  I could just leave, and never fucking come back.
I love the mountains, but THERE ARE OTHER MOUNTAINS
I visited Seattle once, and it was beautiful, and I've always wanted to see California.  I never have.  A cousin- NO TWO cousins of mine went to California, and they never came back, haha, they just communicated on Facebook.

I'm drunk, I know this is BS.  And yet...  There's actually nothing keeping me here.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 25, 2017, 03:51:53 am »

That's just a pipe dream.  There's a lot of baggage keeping me here. 

Edit:  Also waaaay too much information.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:59:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 01, 2017, 02:37:21 am »

It's funny how the night sky is brighter when there are clouds.  The city lights, I guess, reflect... It's not MUCH, but it's enough to very clearly see the trees in profile. 
In my hometown it was absurd.  The glow of the drape was so great that my mom and I were able to navigate a trail on a moonless night, by that not-starlight.
I loved that walk.  It stretched the limits of my eyes, but we juuust were able to see our way.
And at the end, I saved my mom from walking into the chain-gate.  I saw it.
My eyes are acclimated to darkness.  I hate that my laptop doesn't have a proper darkness setting.  My previous one did, so it's absolute bullshit that my new one does not.  Literally... just... don't be so goddamn bright.
FUK
She/they

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 01, 2017, 05:32:34 pm »

Right. So. The Swedish football season has begun. My team (well, not mine, strictly speaking, but also mine, for I have chosen it, so Glory, glory Hallejua, här kommer Änglarna!, wanker) did fairly well. Naturally, cause for celebration. Lovely night out. Cannot feel my fingers, and I cannot truthfully say that I know that I am concious; I could be sprawled on the kitchen floor, imagining this, while the cats lick my fingers and headbutt my face. Still. Lovely night out. Spring is in the air, for if I fell asleep outside, I would not freeze to death over night.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 04, 2017, 11:38:45 pm »

Re-signed my lease today.
Woulda posted this in happy, but apparently my subconscious is reacting by having me go through a pile of cheap beer.

But to be happy, I do mean cheap!  Like half the cost (per ounce) of a dirt-cheap 12-pack.  There was a really big sale on the big boxen.

Despite the shit I posted before, I really do love living in NC.  I love being able to visit my hometown occasionally, and I really love the state.  Moving across the country because I'm bad at saying "no" is... cowardly and dumb.

And just in case, I was sober for 3 days when I re-signed.  And now... partying for the best state, worldwide!!
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 26, 2017, 01:18:54 am »

Hehe I finally went on Facebook, 2 (technically 3) days late, and responded to lovely birthday wishes (:
I gave them each a heartfelt custom thank-you, because I occasionally fancy myself a low writer.

But I also posted, for each person, a song from my favorites list.  Relevant to the person, but sometimes quite unrelated to my message.  More honest.

Nothing ugly!  I love these people!

... Hell, I guess I have to share the songs now.  I'm not going to explain the full reasons for these, though, so they might seem random or political.  They aren't.
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald: my much-older cousin, a die-hard libertarian with a large family.  Despite being on literally the opposite end of both axes from him, I respect him a lot.  Also, he was the first to respond, if only with a like.  Really though, babysitting his kids freaking brood was kinda nice.
Rone - Bye Bye Macadam: My female cousin who likes the ladies.  Always was the cool cousin, despite being ~10 years older.
Braid Soundtrack - Downstream:  My cousin once removed, IE mother's cousin, who is a lovely soul for his years, constantly worried and occasionally sad yet still idealistic and hopeful.  The liberal I wish to be, 8-12 heart.  We hike a few times a year.  Basically how I picture Neil Young.

... The best friend from elementary who I lost contact with (mentioned in dream thread), and someone else from high school who chimed in on said post:
https://youtu.be/sVnjumhrOQ8
I was most honest, here, describing how I spent the day playing vidya and then hiking vidya (pokemon go).
I do hope they choose to comment, still, even though we're mostly  strangers now. 
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:24 am »

Chris Hadfield singing Space Oddity (Major Tom) on the International Space Station may be the most inspiring and heart-wrenching thing I've ever watched.

Whenever I feel like this world is doomed, I watch this to remember that there are still people out there that represent the best of humanity too.

This is humankind. Forget your politics. Forget your religion. Forget your racism. Together we leave our planet, challenge the lifeless, merciless vacuum of space, and make it beautiful.

God, this world looks so small from up there.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:44:09 am by Jimmy »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:50 pm »

Silly dwarves.

Vomit is not green. It is yellow. Or, so I hope. For if it is green, then I have a severe medical condition, one that I have, by observation, had for many years.

EDIT: Someone appears to have mentioned The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. At least, I glanced it, and the impression festered that someone had. Oh, I adore that song... Father played it a lot, and it is a terribly sad tale of a terribly sad shipwreck. It is, in an odd way, the musical ambassador of shipwrecks. Marvellous. Marvellous...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:57:58 pm by Silverthrone »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2017, 12:52:04 am »

I have beer! And two (small) bottles of whiskey! :D   
So much cheaper than buying drinks later on when I go out to see bands. Just have to not be too drunk to get in...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 29, 2017, 06:08:39 pm »

Just purchased and tried Bacardí's Havana Club Añejo Clásico (not to be confused with the Havana Club made by actual Cubans) and... It has no flavor. Like, there's a little note of vanilla, and of course it's sweet, but that's pretty much it. I'm gonna try spicing it when I'm a bit more sober and see what happens, because it seems like a great rum for that. Might see what a red chard is like in a mild rum. Maybe cilantro? Not so sure about that, but I do have tons of it on my garden.

I have beer! And two (small) bottles of whiskey! :D   
So much cheaper than buying drinks later on when I go out to see bands. Just have to not be too drunk to get in...   
Yeah, never buy your booze on-site. Why get gouged when it's easily avoided by preparing ahead of time?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:56 pm »

WTF happened last night.
I went out after a few beers, boozes and burritos with the housemates, intending to take it pretty easy and save money for Monday night, when the Plan is to Party with the Posse. Instead, I wound up making a bunch of new friendships, cementing plenty of old ones, drinking some found booze (just like old times!), and... uh... nevermind. I lost my wallet in a park, realised a long time later, and then made the long, arduous trek retracing my half-remembered steps until I reached the very same park, and against all expectations found my wallet and all its important cards still lying there in the grass. It was an amazing moment. Oh, and then in the harsh, grim brightness of this morning I found myself leaning against a post in a quiet backstreet, drinking a Heineken I found beside the road, relishing the silence and watching several freakin' hot air balloons traverse the sky above me.

Seriously, how cool is that? I get the feeling it must be a common occurrence in the area, but for me it was amazing.
I remember hot air balloons being the in thing for a while back when I was a wee lad.

Right now though, I need to sleep. And poop. Probably not in that order.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:50 am »

Well, I'm sinfully proud of my costume of a can of cheap, disgusting beer for a "bad taste" party. Also pictured my nice new calotte, the traditonal hat of catholic university student that I got last week after a particularily boozy ceremony and me making bad decisions about which tool to use to preserve my friend's privacy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 141