Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 304591 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread
« Reply #3465 on: March 21, 2014, 01:52:07 pm »

I think we need, like, a full time gogis interpreter, since I don't have the slightest clue what he is saying like... 90% of the time.

And the other 10%, I think I may just be deluding myself and am actually completely wrong.

Yes, you read it right. Whats wrong with that? It's an irony. He literally poking every single bit of what I write so whatever. Just ignore messages between us. He is filled with hatred to russians I can't take it very seriously
What does this meeeeean? I haven't the slightest idea!

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 21, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »

Saddest part is that current western politics actually empower Putin and goverment. And you don't even understand why. Well, most of you.
And what should "The West" do to remove Putin from power? Any suggestions? Allow him to do whatever he wants?

Don't support fascists Bandera movement, don't hold yearly former SS parades, don't surround every bit of russian land with NATO, dont support coups, don't think that you had rightfull end in Georgia/Chechen conflict, don't piss of if russians vote no to gays or piss of if someone launching concert in orthodox church of nationwide significance... And nothing will ever started.

(for those angry with me personally in advance I welcome you to search page and find my older posts. I dont support even 1/3 of what I just mentioned)
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 21, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

Quote from: gogis
This can be actually pretty legit due to russian proverb
В чужом глазу соринку видим, в своем бревно не замечаем
The Bible - The book of Russian proverbs :D

If you wander it is - "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye"

So my argument just got stronger in eyes of Christians? Isnt that a good thing? You need to check proverb about рыльце в пушку as well. Maybe it's from Torah

Actually, it was reminding me of the scene in Star Trek VI, when a Klingon comments on how Shakespeare should be read in its native Klingon.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 21, 2014, 02:01:40 pm »

You guys add religion flavor here - you put the last nail in this thread's coffin. Really. We hardly cope with each other when it is about politics.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:03:22 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 21, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

I prefer this one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Love the death-glare that Merkel is giving Putin there.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 21, 2014, 02:07:13 pm »

You guys add religion flavor here - you put the last nail in this thread's coffin. Really. We hardly cope with each other when it is about politics.
I no longer have any idea what any of the Pro-Russia posters are talking about. T_T

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 21, 2014, 02:08:24 pm »

I prefer this one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Love the death-glare that Merkel is giving Putin there.
Maybe she's "seeing into his soul" like Shrub did. He could have transferred that power to her with the neckrub.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 21, 2014, 02:09:49 pm »

Why? Is it pride? Is your sense of self-worth tied up in your country?
I've heard that Russion culture is so linked to collectivism that, yes, they treat any offense to their nation as if it was personal.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

Why? Is it pride? Is your sense of self-worth tied up in your country?
I've heard that Russion culture is so linked to collectivism that, yes, they treat any offense to their nation as if it was personal.

No, you heard it wrong :D
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:48 pm »

I no longer have any idea what any of the Pro-Russia posters are talking about. T_T
Now imagine Obama vs Putin chats....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 21, 2014, 02:13:52 pm »

Probably the Catholic-Orthodox divide. But yeah, we should drop the religious stuff before it goes any further at this point. Which is the point that Comrade P. was trying to make.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

Saddest part is that current western politics actually empower Putin and goverment. And you don't even understand why. Well, most of you.
And what should "The West" do to remove Putin from power? Any suggestions? Allow him to do whatever he wants?

Don't support fascists Bandera movement, don't hold yearly former SS parades, don't surround every bit of russian land with NATO, dont support coups, don't think that you had rightfull end in Georgia/Chechen conflict, don't piss of if russians vote no to gays or piss of if someone launching concert in orthodox church of nationwide significance... And nothing will ever started.

(for those angry with me personally in advance I welcome you to search page and find my older posts. I dont support even 1/3 of what I just mentioned)

Then why are you supporting it? Seriously. You're making the argument then backing away as if it's not your's. You're basically asking everyone to both agree with everything your country does, regardless, and not to judge you for anything you do, period.

In what fucking world does that fly now? This isn't 1940. We can all see each other, talk to each other and look into each other's lives in seconds. Why does Russia seem to think it deserves to be immune? FFS, look at the US. We can't even fart without half the goddamn world saying we have an ulterior motive for doing so.

Russia wants to be a super power again? Start playing by the rules of super powers in the 21st century. And that is, you don't not have the right to be left alone. Especially when you're marching into someone else's country.

It's why everyone still considers Russia politically backasswards. Because they're living 50 years in the past when it comes to rhetoric, as though we're not all globally connected now and it still takes 4 days for news to travel outside of where it happened. We can see in 30 seconds that "No Russian" in Crimea is bullshit. And yet Putin keeps staring into the distance when he says it, like making eye contact would expose the lie for what it is.

If you're not supporting those points, quit fighting for them and start fighting against them. Or to put it another way....put what's right above fucking nationalism.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:27:49 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 21, 2014, 02:29:30 pm »

I am curious to hear from some of the pro-Putin Russians in this thread exactly why it is such a bad idea for Russia to join NATO and the EU.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »

Then why are you supporting it?

Was he?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »

I am curious to hear from some of the pro-Putin Russians in this thread exactly why it is such a bad idea for Russia to join NATO and the EU.

NATO was origionally formed to defend against Russia. I think there were actually talks of dismantling NATO since it wasn't needed anymore, but that was before this crisis blew up. I'd be curious about what the pro-Putin Russians think about joining NATO and the EU.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:36:48 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 286