Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305935 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2014, 06:03:11 pm »

I figure "blue" means something else in this context, but let's leave it at that. No need to derail the thread.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »

So, apparently USA is introducing some sanctions. Thanks Obama.

No, seriously, thank you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2014, 06:10:23 pm »

Link for those sanctions?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »

For now, 20 officials are on a visa blacklist, with a threat of further sanctions. The EU is expected to announce something similar tomorrow.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2014, 06:21:10 pm »

The EU is expected to announce something similar tomorrow.
So we should expect some results from them... next year?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2014, 06:28:59 pm »

Don't be hasty, Master Strange  :D

And if I'm reading that right, those sanctions are only "you can't come to the U.S." with vague threats of maybe some more.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2014, 07:09:19 pm »

I figure "blue" means something else in this context, but let's leave it at that. No need to derail the thread.

I happen to know this one... "goluboi" is slang for "homosexual."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »

I happen to know this one... "goluboi" is slang for "homosexual."

That hardly makes the expression as a whole make sense.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2014, 07:13:41 pm »

... Also, I'd like to apologize for translating that, because I misunderstood the suggestion not to derail.

._.

let's just leave it be today, okay
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2014, 07:26:16 pm »

Yeah, my bad too, I wanted to keep the namecalling stuff out of the thread, but couldn't resist poking fun at Google translate.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »

Soooo... anyone want to bet on the likelihood of Russian troops in Kyev? I'm betting a crate of my local beer, free shipping to anywhere in the world, that it won't happen. Who'll bet against me?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2014, 10:15:48 pm »

NYT sums up recent developments in one place.

Soooo... anyone want to bet on the likelihood of Russian troops in Kyev? I'm betting a crate of my local beer, free shipping to anywhere in the world, that it won't happen. Who'll bet against me?

I highly doubt that it'll happen, but why the hell not? If I win, I'll sure need a drink.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:33 pm »

well not in uniform anyway.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »

No bet. Putin isn't suicidal enough to test NATO's mutual protection clause.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2014, 10:34:58 pm »

I highly doubt that it'll happen, but why the hell not? If I win, I'll sure need a drink.
Your stake?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 286