Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305808 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2014, 01:50:55 am »

Sleeping can do wonders sometimes. So much better without a negative modifiers to intelligence and willpower. :)

I'll be less active here and will not post much, have many things to do. I will monitor the thread and answer the questions so feel free to ask my opinion about anything related to Ukrainian events
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2014, 01:53:11 am »

No bet. Putin isn't suicidal enough to test NATO's mutual protection clause.
Ukraine isn't a NATO member.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2014, 03:05:58 am »

You're right. Frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if Russian "peacekeepers" intervened in Crimea, but Kiev? That's be a bit much. At most, some anti-riot police units and instructors.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2014, 03:12:15 am »

guuuuuuuys i heard the army opened fire indiscriminately, like 200 people wounded & parliament is being evacuated

pls confirm i can't do research on this hardware

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2014, 03:28:11 am »

guuuuuuuys i heard the army opened fire indiscriminately
It didn't happen. If BBC, one of the biggest fans of Ukrainian opposition hasn't reported about it, then it didn't happen. BBC has reported about live ammunition being used. Berkut is blamed, though, not the army.
Apparently the opposition forces have broken through the police lines and reached the Parliament Building. According to Russian media, the Ukrainian Ministry of Interior Affairs reported that 23 Berkut troopers have been injured by opposition snipers.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:57:05 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:44 am »

Question: Where are the government politicians hanging out?

Also, before and after shots, courtesy of the ABC. This is currently their top story.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2014, 04:09:48 am »

Just heard it on the radio, from a journalist in his hotel on Maidan square: protesters apparently stormed the police barricade on the square. Police used live ammo in return, at least 5 protesters deads (the hotel is used as a field hospital/morgue by the opposition, so those are just the corpse he counted in the lobby. ) Opposition fighter are now searching the hotel because they suspect the presence of a government sniper there.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:36 am »

According to BBC, a scheduled meeting between a EU delegation consisting of Polish, French and German foreign ministers and President Yanukovich has been cancelled due to security reasons. According to RT it was cancelled because of fighting around the government offices.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:11 am »

If you wander what happened - during the "truce" at least one sniper from the hotel sniped people, tolerating that was unacceptable so rebels went on offensive. Not going to provide links, proofs or argue
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #444 on: February 20, 2014, 04:58:52 am »

And finally, BBC actually has live broadcasting.

And yeah, things look a bit nasty.

edit:
Eh never mind, it just few minutes long recorded footage on loop.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:01:55 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:23 am »

Estimated casualties range from 17 to 35, French, German and Polish foreign ministers finally got in Kiev. I love how RT doesn't mention fire from police at all, and how they claim that it was a rioter's sniper while it could have beens tray shots or anything.

On the other hand, my radio doesn't mention protesters using guns either.

P.S. Russia will only cooperate with a government that "defend the state's interest" and on which "is not used as a doormat" says Medvedev (from a Belgian-french newspaper.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:35:01 am by Sheb »

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 20, 2014, 06:31:22 am »

Spark of truth suddenly invading this thread.

Just some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rWEbcsV9U
 - glorius&peaceful protesters have captured the governor of Volyn` and are trying to force him to resign in front of his family. The man was appointed a week ago or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQj00ToB-c
 - Captured police officer left for dead. Maidan "heroes" refused to help or call an ambulance.

Also, during yesterday "assault" of Maidan everybody could clearly see that the protesters were fueling the fire wall between the center and Berkut positions. But now "Berkut set everything on fire", oh wow. I suspect that there was the same story with trade unions headquaters.

Can we leave Godwin out of this thread please?
Sadly, Godwin`s law does not apply here. We are dealing with the actual Nazis. Everybody who speaks Russian, or looks like Hebrew, will be in deadly danger, should the protesters win here. Actually, even three weeks ago they already were wildly detecting "kostromskoy akcent!!"(c) (Accent of Russian city Kostroma) and beating random bypassers: http://polemika.com.ua/article-137456.html (sorry, no time to translate everything, use GT to get the meaning).
Judgement? Law? Evidence? F*** off, we are building glorius Ukraine here!

Also, the police STILL does not have neither an order to use lethal force, nor the weapons to do so. For some strange reason all "cruelly-executed-by-government-snipers" protesters were killed with civilian or self-made firearms, usually from behind.

And again, a message to the concerned foreign friends.
Your media is lying. Your government is lying. This is just a big geopolitical game, started long ago. Current Ukrainian government does not have that much support, but it still remains legitimate and recognized - and armed fashistic mob on the streets bring only chaos. And let me be a prophet - there will be NO sanctions agains Yanukovich till the last possible point, because if he loses his foreign bank accounts or whatever the West is threatening, nothing will stop him from turning the country into Belarus. Dixi.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2014, 06:49:21 am »

Yeah, right, our media are all lying, only Glorious Russian Media is telling the total and objective truth.

And from what I gather, you've proven that the protesters can be violent (You don't say? The beat up someone? Totally unreported by our lying media). Then you assert out of the blue that all the shot protesters were killed by civilians without any source or stuff. I'm going to trust eyewitnesses from the international press more than you, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:53:26 am by Sheb »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2014, 06:58:23 am »

Yeah, I don't even know what you think our media are saying, but it's probably not what you think.

While it's unclear who broke the truce, with both sides blaming each other, most of the casualties (up to 35 this morning) seem to be civilians. Reporters are seeing some armed protesters around Maidan, but also police snipers.
The opposition leaders probably have lost control over some of the more radical groups.
Negotiations with EU Foreign Ministers have been moved to another location, but are still happening.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 286