Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort  (Read 10985 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
Re: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:02 pm »

Not THANATOS!!!! Is he still in the militia
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 12:07:38 am »

Not THANATOS!!!! Is he still in the militia

Of course. A lost hand isn't a reason to waste good skills. Might have an infection though, not that I can be certain when no hospital trip was made.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 12:20:39 am »

Please don't die. How many kills does he have?
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 01:17:48 am »

13 notable, two other.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »

Right, this is going to be a long update. I may split it into two entries and type the second up tomorrow since it's quite late here. I will say that I have had a lot of attacks to deal with, but I'll just ignore them for journal purposes unless they do something important since there's one each season and I'm pretty much playing a year at a time.
The Elves are here again. I'd like to go speak with them but we're busy in the furnaces churning out a lot of materials for armour and weapons. With our militia getting bigger we need to keep them supplied. Komodo's taken a funny turn lately, he's taken a few bars of pig iron into the smithy and won't talk to anyone.

19th Felsite
Komodo came out of the forge today after nearly a week of working. He was carrying a studded breastplate in his hands. I've never seen a piece so good. He gave it to Thanatos before collapsing into sleep. He must not have eaten or drunk or napped for nearly a week.

3rd Malachite
A goblin tried to snatch one of the children from the food stores. Luckily Mr.Mountain was there and he propped himself up on his elbows and swiped the savage things head off with his steel halberd. There's blood everywhere, but that's better than a missing child.

2nd Galena
A group of migrants has come to join us. Apparently the king has heard how we're delayed by building a town for most of us to live in and decided to send more people who need houses. Sometimes I just don't get the nobility.

11th Galena
A caravan has come from home. It's always good to get some news from the capitol, hear how my family are doing back there and how the wars are going. We didn't do any trading with the merchants but I've given them some letters to deliver for me.

18th Galena
Well this was a most unusual thing. A vast troupe of Dark Stranglers came swarming towards us today, we all rushed into the hall to take cover of course and the soldiers set out to fend them off. They ran away before anyone got more than a few bruises, including themselves. I always though monsters were more determined than that.

19th Limestone
More migrants have arrived. We only have 12 houses built and now we need another dozen on top of the twenty we still need built. I can hear the masons complaining about it whenever I walk past their workshops.

15th Timber
The Dwarven caravan is here again. A bunch of us are bundling up the clothes left by the last group of goblins that tried to attack us. Who knows, the might be worth something.

19th Timber
Little Issok Larothiral, a migrant child, has reached the age of adulthood. He has decided to become a Priest and help people deal with their troubles. When we've gotten the Abbey itself built I'm sure he'll make it a welcoming place to be.

27 Timber
This is terrible, just simply abominably terrible. Muad'Dib was killed today. We saw it happen from the second story of the hall.

Muad'Dib stalked across the sand, bow in hand as he looked for animals to hunt. Maybe a giant sparrow or cockatiel. He heard a soft noise, the sound of something moving through sand. It was behind him.

He heard the snap of a bowstring, the whistle of a flying bolt, the cracking of his arms bone as the metal projectile hit home. Muad dropped to the ground clutching at his arm, more bolts striking the ground around him. One hit his leg, another his chest, the breath caught in his lungs as he struggled to stay conscious through the pain.

He managed to raise his head as a shadow fell over him. A goblin stood before him, it's wiry frame lined with stringy muscle, it's face twisted with cruelty. It lifted a foot, pressed it onto Muad's wounded leg and pushed.

Muad'Dib fought down the urge to scream as pain lanced through him.

The goblin looked down at him, an expression of irritation on it's face. Scowling it drew a copper sword from it's back, grasping the blade with two hands. As Muad's vision began to fade the last thing he saw was the blade streaking towards him.

We drove the goblins away with the help of the dwarven caravan guards, but it was too late. Muad'Dib has been buried in the catacombs beneath the hall. Issok performed the burial rites.

Three squads of goblins attacked us this day, only one of those squads escaped. Sadly they were the ones that killed Muad. We failed to avenge his death.

Above ground unwalled forts are dangerous places, the loss of a named character is always unwelcome, but sometimes is unavoidable.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2014, 01:13:42 am »

My dwarf made an artifact armor? That's great, although I'm not sure if material is good enough.

From the diary of Komodo Dragon, armorsmith:

"I've always been thinking of constructing something worthy of a real champion, you know?Yesterday, after nearly a week of hard work, I created the best f***ing suit of armor you'll ever see! It's studded with a lot of shit, and, of course, menases with tons of spikes! I bet those elfypants and pathetic goblins would shit themselves when they see it! Our warriors would certainly appreciate this nice piece."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:34:31 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 01:40:09 pm »

My dwarf made an artifact armor? That's great, although I'm not sure if material is good enough.

From the diary of Komodo Dragon, armorsmith:

"I've always been thinking of constructing something worthy of a real champion, you know?Yesterday, after nearly a week of hard work, I created the best f***ing suit of armor you'll ever see! It's studded with a lot of shit, and, of course, menases with tons of spikes! I bet those elfypants and pathetic goblins would shit themselves whenn they see it! Our warriors would certainly appreciate this nice piece."

Pig iron was the best material we had. If the mood had come just a bit later it would've been steel though. :P

It is the best artifact we have though, by quite a long shot. The others are a bone shield and a gemstone bed.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »

Any word about what my guy is up to?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2014, 09:40:57 pm »

Things! They are happening! Has anything relevant happened to Cryolite?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 10:43:32 pm »

Artyom Barkov has sadly died in action in one of the worst military defeats I've had in a long time. Being outnumbered is a really bad thing when your soldiers aren't masters.  :(

Things! They are happening! Has anything relevant happened to Cryolite?

Mostly Cryolite has been helping out with building houses, workshops and mining out a huge amount of iron ore and gems from the cave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 11:26:49 pm »

Artyom Barkov has sadly died in action in one of the worst military defeats I've had in a long time. Being outnumbered is a really bad thing when your soldiers aren't masters.  :(

...I guess I'm going to have to wait until your post to find out the details on that.

Also, I would like his son to be named Senshuken Barkov. Can I lay claim to him?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:02 pm »

Also, I would like his son to be named Senshuken Barkov. Can I lay claim to him?

It's a daughter. She's half a year old but yeah if you want.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 11:46:35 pm »

She's a girl?

Lyra Barkov then.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 11:51:08 pm »

She's a girl?

Lyra Barkov then.

Ok, I'll give her an intro in my next update. I'm going to try and write up important events from a more in character perspective when I can so I'll be writing up a funeral scene. I'll also post up her profile.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 11:56:09 pm »

She's a girl?

Lyra Barkov then.

Ok, I'll give her an intro in my next update. I'm going to try and write up important events from a more in character perspective when I can so I'll be writing up a funeral scene. I'll also post up her profile.

Thank you good sir.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8