Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241768 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2019, 02:36:48 pm »

Zombies are annoying because they usually replace easy missions. I go in expecting a change to train newbies and get some easy captures. Then I give everyone light weapons because there should be a lot of unarmored enemies. And then I get the tanky corpses.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »

It's a pain having to re-arm the gals on the ground, everyone taking turns standing on the same spot.

BTW, does anyone know if its possible to hand things to each other? The way I've been relaying stuff is just to drop or throw it on the ground, walk forward and then have the other person walk over and get it from the floor. Is there a better way?

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2019, 03:02:13 pm »

Most items can safely be thrown to the spot the other unit is standing on, so at least you don't have to walk around. That can take a lot of TUs, though.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2019, 06:20:55 am »

Zombies are annoying because they usually replace easy missions. I go in expecting a change to train newbies and get some easy captures. Then I give everyone light weapons because there should be a lot of unarmored enemies. And then I get the tanky corpses.
Shame you don't get Sentinels weapon though :( Remember my first time against proper zombies and the transition from "Yes! Finally a death animation after 2 mortar shells and some assault rile bursts" to "Wait! What the F?". Had a hard time getting anything from those missions, as they easily tank 2 mortar shells to the face and nothing on the ground around survives.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2019, 06:46:23 am »

Man, fuck armoured zombies armed with RPGs so much. Ridiculously tough and using anti-tank warheads.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:06 am »

Just had a pogrom mission in what looked like a gasworks. Every other enemy turn took about two minutes to process each time because of all the explosions. None of my gals died and I took thirteen prisoners, but there weren't a whole lot of mutant survivors...

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2019, 10:11:13 am »

The one with explosive pipes that cause chain reactions literally everywhere?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2019, 10:17:31 am »

That's the one! Eventually they ran out of pipes to explode.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2019, 11:27:52 am »

One map tileset features missiles as part of the environment.

Guesswhat they do when they get destroyed?

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2019, 12:21:44 pm »

Demons ate my pet reaper...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2019, 12:35:40 pm »

I've fully embraced keeping a dozen dogs and reapers at the base to repel invaders. So long as you don't end a dogs turn somewhere it can be shot, a wave of dogs can usually beat a wave of the starting invaders and bullets bounce off the reapers.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 10, 2019, 01:41:07 pm »

One of the pink demons got close to him and ate him.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:47:57 pm by amjh »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2019, 10:40:35 pm »

So... I have a bugeye trained up pretty well now... and thus have found a new tactic.

I've recently been running into a lot of mercenaries... whom I can't handle at the moment. However the bugeye can occasionally possess one... first turn... just walk them right into my craft and abort.

I mean, pretty obvious tactic... I've used it before in X-Com... but it's just crazy how big of an affect a high rank capture this early can be in something like X-Pirates.

Score wasn't bad either. 150 for that one capture and the loot.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:31 pm »

Haha, lovely!  I knew that mercenaries were supposedly weak to mind control, but haven't yet leveled a bugeye far enough to start mind-controlling.  They're so squishy, even when I try to keep them hidden.

They fit in loader suits, but that disables their powers :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:22 am »

They don't need line of sight. Just keep them in the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 153