Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11521 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation - A Gradual God Game
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:37 pm »

Name: Darkbane the Car'zana
Appearence: A massive black and silver and sickly green orb. Seven massive red eyes glare form the surface of the orb, which shimmers and twists and expands and contracts in everchnaging patterns. Two massive, gaping maws with jagged, bloody teeth which drip acid mar the surface. Occasionaly, it will extend a pseudopod or other appendage.
Personality: It is sadistic in the extreme, and enjoys causing horrible pain, corrupting the innocent, and generally make things horrible for life but not horrible enough to wipe life out.
Darkbane, god of copycats?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation - A Gradual God Game
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »

Turn 0: Get Off My Lawn

A new day dawns, and with it arrive several Spirits... too many Spirits, in fact. The race is on to dispose of or outdo each other.

Overcrowding Activated: All Spirits may Challenge each other.

Overcrowding Activated: If some Spirits become considerably more entrenched than others, those lagging behind may be relegated to slumber and Usurper status.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In essence, there are two ways to cement yourself as a permanent (until removed, that is) Spirit- knock off the competition, or become noticeably better than they are.

Remember that Challenges need a mechanism- physical, spiritual, or symbolic- to function. Simply shouting that you challenge someone isn't likely to do anything.

Remember that creative acts should generally involve modifying one trait a reasonable degree at a time. Attempting to create elves out of thin air, grow crabs the size of mountains, or give fish eye lasers are likely to end with you trapped inside your creation, which might still not be quite what you wanted. Remember also that assuming a given thing exists can be a gamble.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 0: Get Off My Lawn]
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »

Liar scanned around. Too many. Too many enemies. Too many allies. Must choose. Must wait. Must hide.

Change some trees into being able to create a field to cloak themselves and a small area around them.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

Quercus looked around, sensing some hostility from some of the other spirits, however he will not be easily swayed into a challenge.

I will travel far away to a great forest, search for the largest tree as central to that forest as possible and make it my vessel.
Then make this vessel grow to match my form, letting it's roots stretch for at least a kilometer, touching every other roots it comes along.
After that, grant sentience and wisdom to the trees my roots touch. Give them the ability to communicate with each other.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:05:37 pm by Ultimuh »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 08:33:06 pm »

So do the world exist yet? Or are we part of building the world, such as planting forests and stuff?
This was sent by PM, but I figured if it was still an issue for anyone I should probably clarify it again.

The world exists, but your perceptions of it are kind of fuzzy. You know there's rivers and trees and forests and animals and plants, but you're not sure if there's lobsters or flowers or fruit trees or bushes about yea high until you try to modify some.

You also know there's a yellow sun, but the sky's otherwise just as fuzzy.

Finally, remember that this is one Area. If you absolutely must have a desert or tundra or wildly different type of forest, you can save up some Spirit and travel to a new Area, then try to make it so. This is, as might be expected, a fairly ambitious sort of project, however.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 08:47:24 pm »

Superb Owl, Superb Owl (USEC)

((I love this game already.))

The Superb Owl gazes thoughtfully into the distance. Or at least it appears to. Being an owl, all it's really thinking about is finding a mate or some food.

The Superb Owl flies high into the sky and looks for the biggest and most impressive creature it can find.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 08:50:44 pm »

The malcontent presence looked upon the bright new world from its bleak throne. "This abundance of gods displeases me. This land is too bright and cheery and it is liable to be spoiled by smiling fools. A bit of redecoration is warranted, I believe.

Plucking a flower from the verdant meadow, Ανθουσα lets it water itself in the fresh blood of its essence. Soaked in pain, the flower would become a blood-red blossom of great value, practical and aesthetic, with a sweet nectar. Its being in its entirety, nonetheless, soaked in the font of destructive whim, would be deadly to any who tasted of it.

The greatest of accomplishments starts with a simple motion. Populate this land, my progeny, and let your touch spread sorrow to those too weak to resist it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:34 pm »

As the armored figure watched from above, his thought immidiately went to one thing. "There is not enough entertainment in this land. I will change the very essence of things if I must."
Give snakes minor sapience(at the very least sapient enough to hold basic grudges and such, if it is within my limits at this time). If sucesful, claim sphere: Vengeance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:17:33 am by darkpaladin109 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 09:00:30 pm »

Step one: Find a giant lizard nest. Step two: Bestow upon said nest vast lizardy intellect. Step three: gain sphere: Knowledge.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 11:59:26 pm »

I think that it is time for a prank!

Fool the Superb Owl by creating an Owl-shaped cloud even bigger and more impressive than He. This is a Challenge to the Owl.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 05:34:29 am »

Tesserb find this challenge funny. But he has things to do himself. He has no time for pranks right now, as he needs to find himself a territory, so to speak. His survival depends on it.

Find some small rodents, like mice or squirrels, and slightly increase their intelligence, making them work in small groups. Also makes them +Kawaii+ in the process.

EDIT: After that, lay claim to the sphere of small mammals.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:47:02 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 05:40:18 am »

Also makes them +Kawaii+ in the process.

I approve of this.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 08:04:59 pm »

((Can we set up an official pantheon and if so how does that work?))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 08:07:43 pm »

Probably, and I would guess through mutual acknowledgement. Basically, I agree that you're the best spirit of X, and you agree that I'm the best spirit of Y. Then, we've become part of the same, self-consistent mythos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »

((Can we set up an official pantheon and if so how does that work?))
Probably, and I would guess through mutual acknowledgement. Basically, I agree that you're the best spirit of X, and you agree that I'm the best spirit of Y. Then, we've become part of the same, self-consistent mythos.
This is more or less how it'd probably work. If you were looking for more concrete or objective effects, though, that might be trickier.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9