Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11487 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 0: Get Off My Lawn]
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 08:22:47 am »

Examine what animal life exists around me.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 09:07:52 am »

((How much Spirit do we start off with?))

"Already at each other's necks are we? Very well, let us play this game."

Locate dragonfly nymphs. Modify some so that they become sexually mature during their aquatic phase and never leave it. If successful, claim Sphere of Aquatic Insects.

If none are found, modify some grass so that their roots are able to pierce the roots of shrubs, allowing them to leech of nutrients. If successful, claim Sphere of Parasitic Plants.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:11:55 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:50 am »

((Can we set up an official pantheon and if so how does that work?))
Probably, and I would guess through mutual acknowledgement. Basically, I agree that you're the best spirit of X, and you agree that I'm the best spirit of Y. Then, we've become part of the same, self-consistent mythos.
This is more or less how it'd probably work. If you were looking for more concrete or objective effects, though, that might be trickier.
Yeah I meant the effects of being in a pantheon.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 02:25:55 am »

For god's sake third page already? Bump, and if you're not posting you should get relegated to Usurper. Just to makes things faster.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 02:51:40 am »

Modify birds of prey, like eagles or the like, to spit out sprays of acid.
If possible claim the Bird sphere.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:00:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:27 pm »

I think it's time this gets updated.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:11 pm »

I think it's time this gets updated.
This and half a dozen other things.

*sigh* Lemme see what's first...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 11:29:37 pm »

Turn 1: Ravenous

Liar scanned around. Too many. Too many enemies. Too many allies. Must choose. Must wait. Must hide.

Change some trees into being able to create a field to cloak themselves and a small area around them.
[Normal] You find some trees and start warping them, granting them the ability to cloak a small area around them. You feel yourself using too much power in the process- like a pit right in front of you, rapidly opening up far larger than you expected.

*SLURP*

Well. At least you're hidden.

Cloaktrees (Liar; Devoured)
These dark, somewhat twisty trees have a willow-like build. They generate a cloaking effect on themselves and a small area around themselves, rendering everything nearby mostly invisible.

DEVOURED: May attempt to break free, but may have consequences for the creation you are attempting to escape.

Quercus looked around, sensing some hostility from some of the other spirits, however he will not be easily swayed into a challenge.

I will travel far away to a great forest, search for the largest tree as central to that forest as possible and make it my vessel.
Then make this vessel grow to match my form, letting it's roots stretch for at least a kilometer, touching every other roots it comes along.
After that, grant sentience and wisdom to the trees my roots touch. Give them the ability to communicate with each other.

[Good] Without any spirit power, you find yourself unable to get the traction needed to really travel far, so you just find the biggest tree you can near where you can get to.

You then, in one fluid motion, attempt to inhabit a tree, grow it to monstrous size, fuse it with any trees its incredible roots touch, and grant these trees sapience, wisdom, and the ability to communicate with each other. You accomplish step two, albeit not nearly as large as you'd intended, before being sucked into the fabric of your own creation.

Colossal Tree (Quercus; Devoured)
A massive white tree that towers high above the forest around it.

DEVOURED: May attempt to break free, but may have consequences for the creation you are attempting to escape.

+1 Spirit

Superb Owl, Superb Owl (USEC)

((I love this game already.))

The Superb Owl gazes thoughtfully into the distance. Or at least it appears to. Being an owl, all it's really thinking about is finding a mate or some food.

The Superb Owl flies high into the sky and looks for the biggest and most impressive creature it can find.
[Poor] You soar into the sky, but the largest, most impressive creature you can find turns out to be a massive cluster of tiny brown birds, not a single creature.

The malcontent presence looked upon the bright new world from its bleak throne. "This abundance of gods displeases me. This land is too bright and cheery and it is liable to be spoiled by smiling fools. A bit of redecoration is warranted, I believe.

Plucking a flower from the verdant meadow, Ανθουσα lets it water itself in the fresh blood of its essence. Soaked in pain, the flower would become a blood-red blossom of great value, practical and aesthetic, with a sweet nectar. Its being in its entirety, nonetheless, soaked in the font of destructive whim, would be deadly to any who tasted of it.

The greatest of accomplishments starts with a simple motion. Populate this land, my progeny, and let your touch spread sorrow to those too weak to resist it.
[Normal] You find a flower and try to make it blood-red, beautiful, with sweet nectar, and utterly deadly when ingested. You struggle with maybe making it seep a red substance to accomplish all that at once, before being sucked into it anyway.

Death Blossoms (Ανθουσα; Devoured)
A bright red, pretty, rose-like flower with sweet nectar. It is entirely and severely poisonous.

As the armored figure watched from above, his thought immidiately went to one thing. "There is not enough entertainment in this land. I will change the very essence of things if I must."
Give snakes minor sapience(at the very least sapient enough to hold basic grudges and such, if it is within my limits at this time). If sucesful, claim sphere: Vengeance.
[Normal] You find some snakes and make them better able to remember and react to things that have wronged them. You declare yourself the God of Vengeance in celebration.

Spitesnakes (Gorlacois)
These small green snakes are unusually good at remembering and reacting to things that have wronged them in the past.

Now God of Vengeance

Step one: Find a giant lizard nest. Step two: Bestow upon said nest vast lizardy intellect. Step three: gain sphere: Knowledge.
[Good] You find a big earth crater-thing and make the hatchlings therein extremely clever and cunning. For lizards, anyway. Still, you declare yourself God of Knowledge in celebration.

Snickerlizards (Bob)
These large lizards are extraordinarily intelligent for lizards, and routinely display uncannily cunning behavior. They are fairly social as a result.

+1 Spirit

I think that it is time for a prank!

Fool the Superb Owl by creating an Owl-shaped cloud even bigger and more impressive than He. This is a Challenge to the Owl.
[CRIT][Poor] Your attempts to fool the Owl take a bizarre turn. In attempting to guide the clouds into the shape you need, you seem to change something about the nature of them and the winds that control them. The results are the Birdwinds, a common phenomenon whereby clouds will take on vaguely birdlike forms as they "fly" across the sky. The result is very artistic, but sadly unlikely to be mistaken as real or more magnificent than the Owl.

Birdwinds (Demihemios)
Fast-moving clouds sometimes take on birdlike shapes as they travel through the sky. The results often look like a flock of birds, though even from the ground it's usually possible to tell that they're just clouds.

Tesserb find this challenge funny. But he has things to do himself. He has no time for pranks right now, as he needs to find himself a territory, so to speak. His survival depends on it.

Find some small rodents, like mice or squirrels, and slightly increase their intelligence, making them work in small groups. Also makes them +Kawaii+ in the process.

EDIT: After that, lay claim to the sphere of small mammals.

[Poor] You find some small rodents and make them more cowardly, social, and in possession of larger eyes. However, this just means they tend to huddle fearfully in groups and look adorable while doing so.

You nonetheless claim the title of God of Small Mammals.

Cringemice (Tesserb)
These fairly large, plump, brown rodents have large eyes for their size. They tend to huddle fearfully in groups when not doing anything else.

Examine what animal life exists around me.
Well... you're surrounded by sparse forests, clearings, and rivers, so probably stuff that lives in there. You also notice the stuff your fellows are messing with.

For specifics, you grasp around and come up with... some kind of shrimp or krill.

((How much Spirit do we start off with?))

"Already at each other's necks are we? Very well, let us play this game."

Locate dragonfly nymphs. Modify some so that they become sexually mature during their aquatic phase and never leave it. If successful, claim Sphere of Aquatic Insects.

If none are found, modify some grass so that their roots are able to pierce the roots of shrubs, allowing them to leech of nutrients. If successful, claim Sphere of Parasitic Plants.

((A bit late now, but none.))

[CRIT][Good] You go a bit overboard in trying to accommodate sexual maturity in an immature form. The results are capable of controlling their life cycle at will, advancing and retreating to more or less mature forms, activating or deactivating specific features, and of course regrowing anything that happens to be damaged. The results are disturbingly versatile.

...also versatile enough to claim the title of God of Aquatic Insects, technically speaking.

Changelings (Korwa)
These dragonflies are capable of completely controlling their life cycles and all aspects therein. They may mature or regress at will, grow, absorb, activate, or deactivate features of themselves at will, and regenerate any missing or damaged parts through similar processes.

+1 Spirit

Modify birds of prey, like eagles or the like, to spit out sprays of acid.
If possible claim the Bird sphere.

[Good] You modify some eagle-things to vomit stomach acid at things that annoy them.

You try to claim the title God of Birds, but with the Birdwinds right there it kind of falls flat.

Acid Eagles (Flowery Sunshine)
These eagles can vomit stomach acids at things that annoy them. While not generally useful for catching prey, it does make them unpleasant to deal with.

+1 Spirit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apologies for the extended delay. We'll be skipping the dormant slumber part of being Devoured, at least for now, because it felt boring.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 1: Ravenous]
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 12:23:42 am »

Well. The prank didn't quite work out, but I now have more exciting things to be doing: Explore!

Ride the Birdwinds! Swoooosh! Also, I am now Demihemios, God of Winds!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 04:10:42 am »

Querceus found himself in a peculiar situation. Sure he was inside the tree, but not in the way he imagined.
Attempt to break free, but in a way that he still inhabits the tree.

Spoiler: For OP only (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 07:09:20 am »

"Creatures deserving of the Throne. Excellent."

Modify some fish to allow them to photosynthesise after consuming algae. Acquire Fish Sphere if successful.

((a species of water snail actually does this.))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:23:13 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 07:11:58 am »

((Do I still gain power while trapped? And can I still manipulate things near my tree?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:10 am »

The Superb Owl is not phased by its inability to find a mate. It is an owl, after all. A Superb Owl.

The Superb Owl makes the Birdwinds more bird-like to become the God of Birds.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 10:48:23 am »

"Soon my children we will become great!"  I make them even smarter.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

Tesserb is disappointed. Sure, the cringemice huddle together and are +Kawaii+, but they just don't do anything else... Something must be done.

Slightly reduce the fear of Cringemice. They'll still be cowards, but at least they should get their shit together and live normally. Increase their intelligence if possible, slightly.

Find another kind of rodents, squirrels or other hyperactive kind, living in the same area than cringemice, and make them reckless (though not enough to put them in danger of extinction).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9