Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69652 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2014, 04:01:29 am »

This is just way too confusing. I thought your sexuality was based on, you know, sex? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 19, 2014, 04:04:06 am »

Maybe? I don't know, I was just showing the logic behind the statement, not assessing if it was correct.

Point still remains that sexual inclination and romantic inclination are different things, although personally feeling both to both genders I think I'm safely bi either way. Well I have my life sorted, good luck everybody else!

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 19, 2014, 05:48:51 am »

This is just way too confusing. I thought your sexuality was based on, you know, sex? ???
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but this is a short video that gives a pretty good overview (so far as I can tell through the talker's relentless chipperness):
vlogbrothers: Human Sexuality is Complicated

Or if you want the 80s Reaganite version (of course you do!), there's always Al Pacino's explanation.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 19, 2014, 06:30:14 am »

I like those guys, they explain things rather well. I always liked to think that there was a difference between romantic and sexual orientation, and now the blog brothers tell me there is. Yay!
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 19, 2014, 06:53:58 am »

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but this is a short video that gives a pretty good overview (so far as I can tell through the talker's relentless chipperness):
vlogbrothers: Human Sexuality is Complicated

Or if you want the 80s Reaganite version (of course you do!), there's always Al Pacino's explanation.

Wow, the scene in the second link is pretty amazing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 19, 2014, 07:23:54 am »

Retrospectively, there should have been an option 'pubescent' or 'pre-pubescent'. We're a rather young crowd, after all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 19, 2014, 07:38:14 am »

Done.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #532 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

I think I can understand having sex with people of the same gender and still being heterosexual. Just because you enjoy sexual acts with somebody doesn't make you romantically attached to them. It doesn't mean you want to hold their hand, or cuddle with them, or all those other fun little personal acts, you are just after some good old fashion Roman sex for the fun of it.

But the inconsistency here is that would mean your sexuality is defined by romantic attraction, rather that capacity to enjoy intercourse, as such you can't really claim to be asexual on the basis of not enjoying the intercourse if you still have romantic attractions.

Sexuality is defined by sexual attraction.

For an example, there are several asexuals who are "heteroromantic", "homoromantic", "biromantic", "panromantic", etc.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 19, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »

For an example, there are several asexuals who are "heteroromantic", "homoromantic", "biromantic", "panromantic", etc.
Then you can't be heterosexual and still enjoy sex with somebody of the same gender. You can be 'heteroromantic' though.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2014, 05:00:08 pm »

Then you can't be heterosexual and still enjoy sex with somebody of the same gender. You can be 'heteroromantic' though.
Exactly my point. If somebody has sex with both men and women, they're bisexual (or pansexual?). Romantic attraction is irrelevant (though the men that the person dates might get a bit annoyed).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2014, 05:22:43 pm »

So asexual would just not enjoy sex regardless of with whom, even if they enjoy romantic relationships... With that in mind I'm left wondering how many people who voted asexual have given the act a fair try. First times are usually pretty uncomfortable, as are seconds and thirds, but you do get used to it. Heck with my boyfriend even though I really enjoy his company romantically, I'm still getting adjusted to the sex...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »

So asexual would just not enjoy sex regardless of with whom, even if they enjoy romantic relationships... With that in mind I'm left wondering how many people who voted asexual have given the act a fair try. First times are usually pretty uncomfortable, as are seconds and thirds, but you do get used to it. Heck with my boyfriend even though I really enjoy his company romantically, I'm still getting adjusted to the sex...

you get used to sex

what the christ

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2014, 05:26:38 pm »

Don't try and tell me your first time wasn't incredibly awkward and felt a little less normal that it should. It takes time to get to know somebody and really be comfortable with them.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 19, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »

i just refuse to accept that you just made a statement that boils down to "you're asexual because you didn't have enough sex"

seriously i can't even begin to point out where it's wrong it boggles the mind

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 19, 2014, 05:35:08 pm »

That isn't what I said. You can still be asexual and never have had sex, but if you are calling yourself asexual because you didn't have the best first time, maybe you should give it a second shot.
No need to have hyperbole as your default.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50