Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69617 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2014, 12:55:07 am »

It's not Polygamy. It's just... Well being in an open relationship! I don't think there's really any other term for it. Besides she'd rather be in an open one too. I think if we felt we had to stay 100% commited to eachother in that particular way we'd go crazy anyway.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2014, 01:05:24 am »

That isn't what I said. You can still be asexual and never have had sex, but if you are calling yourself asexual because you didn't have the best first time, maybe you should give it a second shot.
I don't think anyone is asexual because their first time wasn't the best. I think people are asexual because the thought of sex doesn't turn them on whatsoever. My sister is asexual and biromantic, she enjoys physical contact, and romantic acts and gestures, even going so far as to get sexual enjoyment out of them, but she just doesn't find the act of sex itself to be... well, sexy.

Personally I didn't start craving sex until after I'd had it. Was sort of like a valve being opened for the first time. I'd be willing to consider the possibility that there might be a few people who identify as asexual, and then change their mind after partaking.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

Besides I'm married. Just it's an open relationship so I can still go have fun too.

ugh

* Descan stares at you.
Bauglir, too, is confused.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2014, 01:09:13 am »

I'd imagine that being in an open relationship is way too much work for me. I'm content in a committed relationship, even though I never thought I would be.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2014, 02:17:55 am »

I'm actually surprised that we have more Asexuals than gay/lesbians in here.
Why? This is Dwarf Fortress. We don't have time to get laid, we're too busy micromanaging depressed alcoholic midgets.

They can't say we don't know how to be parents.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2014, 02:39:11 am »

Protip: Using a child as a shield to block arrows while you desperately scramble across a battlefield in search of a second hand pair of socks is not good parenting. I don't care if it is just how we do things, it isn't a good idea.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2014, 02:43:28 am »

I think he meant we all know how to babysit small angry unreasonable things that occasionally puke when you're not looking.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 09, 2014, 02:49:51 am »

Oh well we can do that part in our sleep... Heck once you can micromanage a hundred or so of the critters and actually turn them into a productive workforce you are set! I'm just worried that perhaps some here don't have as great a concern for their longevity as they should, what with the science and all...

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:10 am »

Hey, tiger parenting. Tough love and all that. If the kid gets hit in the face with an arrow, maybe he will become better at having arrows in his face.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2014, 03:50:03 am »

I, personally, would generally enjoy being regarded as a fleshy dildo. Good exercise, few strings.

I can be quite shallow, when the mood takes me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2014, 09:17:50 am »

I wouldn't mind being someone's fuck buddy but I'd still require a level of respect akin to a friendship.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 09, 2014, 09:29:51 am »

Actually contrary to popular belief, some of the best experiences I've had was with people of whom I... whilst not going to say 'didn't respect', certainly wasn't friends with.
When you hold someone's esteem you generally take efforts to try and keep it.
But when it's a person whom you honestly don't care about keeping around, then a whole lot of silly inhibitions go away and it becomes a far more entertaining exercise.
Which, in turn ends up being the single thing which makes them tolerate your existence, and vice-versa, and so it becomes a compound effect.

Bonus points if both parties are fit, and yet sincerely dislike eachother's personalities. Can still cause moped syndrome, but results in generally less regret and self-pity.
Bigger problem is generally convincing your loathees to join the fun with you. It is not typically a relationship which begins in sobriety.

tl;dr Is why Kismesissitude is such a popular idea.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:31:43 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 09, 2014, 09:43:38 am »

The entire thing is an expression of affection to me, so that wouldn't work for me :P

I'd feel quite a lot of guilt and regret if I "used" someone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 09, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »

Not sure if this kind of thing has been discussed yet, but I just do NOT get this. I've seen other girls who say this and it baffles me.

Perhaps its just cuz I'm a man, but this seems almost offensive. It probably shouldn't be, but it feels like you're saying "I consider men nothing more then fleshy dildos"
It almost feels like seeing someone who thinks of women as objects, but gender flipped.

Anyone wanna educate me on how this is different?

You're a dude, right?  Presumably you have male friends?  If you on top of that wanted to fuck a dude, that does not mean that you consider him "nothing more than a fleshy dildo."  There's the friend part, too, which means you think he's human.  Unless of course you think romance = friend, which is a different kettle of fish.

The problem with people thinking of women as objects is that usually they are actually thought of as objects.  That precludes seeing them as contributing members of society, potential friends, human beings in general, anything but food for the genitalia.

I guess I just wasn't looking at it close enough. I kinda mentally segregate sex and emotions, so I guess I consider romance to be sex+emotions, so Janet saying they only have interest in men on a sexual level seemed like saying she could never like a guy beyond sex.

So for Janets comment I guess I saw Sex+Emotion=Romance. Likes sex with men, does not like romance with men. And Romance-emotions= just sex, so that threw me through a loop.

Bay12- reducing complex emotive brain chemistry to an algebra equation :P

The problem was that I lumped ALL emotions into one part of the equation. That way leads to madness and derp.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2014, 02:05:38 pm »

From my observations, the mix of emotion and sex is a very unique thing for people.

For some people, sex and emotion are completely separate things. Sex is fun, romance is emotion, so doing sex with someone you trust and are romance with is having fun with a romantic partner. I can comprehend that I guess.

For others, sex without emotion is somewhat hollow and it's the romantic emotions that give it the fire that makes it fun. Sex without emotions is just masturbation with another person in the room.

For others, sex without emotion is impossible. Sex and that romantic and emotional connection are so intrinsically linked, they simply can't have sex without it.

And then there are other views, too many to really list.

And of course, all of these are separated from one's sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is just thinking someone is hawt, which is different from thinking someone is aesthetically beautiful. The Mona Lisa is a beautiful painting, but you probably don't think it's hawt. So you can still have that appreciation for beautiful people without sexual attraction.

And enjoying sex or having a libido and experiencing sexual attraction are also completely different. It's fully possible to enjoy sex,  but feel no sexual attraction. Funny thing about asexuality is it's harder to generalise a persons behaviour, I guess, since it's just a thing defined by an absence and generalising by absence is trickier.

tl;dr people are complicated.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:08:38 pm by MorleyDev »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50