Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27403 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:23 am »

Just head on up to the roof.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2014, 11:36:32 am »

"Just," Nathom waved a hand dismissively, thinking for a moment, "Tell him I'm acting on a tremendous opportunity to gain new knowledge, the nature of which I am not yet sure of. I don't know more details myself yet, so I've really no idea what else to say."

He turned towards the newcomer. "Tariff. Nathom Tariff, yes."

>Talk.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:10 pm »

Kyle nods and pulls out a piece of gum before starting to chew it.
"Anything I'm allowed to know about this Gentleman fella?"

"As you can probably tell, he prefers secrecy."

The chatter quiets down as the tour guide speaks.
"Welcome citizens! The first part of our tour will consist of an undersea walk, allowing you to catch a glimpse of the native wildlife on the seafloor!"
As the tour guide finishes, the Gentleman agent whispers the plan to you.
"The transport will be waiting for us on the walk. We will make our way to it and leave the tour. The guide is aware of it and our sleeper agents will make sure that none of this gets on the records."

"The surface? I thought that was just a myth."
Follow the man. He knows where to lead me, I would imagine.

"Ah yes, generations of living in a wreck must've taught you that. No matter, you will see for yourself soon enough."

He takes you to the submarine docks and shows you to his vehicle. You climb in and enter some sort of passenger area with rows of seats alongside a central walkway ((It resembles a modern day plane interior)), populated with various agents dressed just like the one that brought you here. You sit down in an empty row, next to the window, and prepare for launch.

A few minutes later, one last agent climbs into the passenger cabin, and red lights flash repeatedly along the sides of the ceiling. The submarine soon starts to move, and the trip proceeds normally as one would expect--although the sub seemed to be tilted upwards. Through the thick glass windows, you notice the water growing lighter outside. At some point, red lights on the ceiling begin to flash, accompanied by a loud siren. The submarine suddenly rotates vertically and lurches forward. Through the window, you see the surface of the water through a thick cyan fog. You seem to be rising rapidly.

"Okay. I don't have any control over that, but alright."

Wait for him to get permission.

"My apologies, madame, but I believe it would prudent if both of us went in order to convince the flight controller. The station is this way--"
He begins walking toward an entrance on the side of the hangar, which is where the flight controller is stationed and also contains an elevator to get to the control tower.

It gets even more intriguing! Is my modest persona is really that important?
Get to the elevator. Be nervous.

"Alright, we don't have but time, but I will explain things to you now, since you are interested."
He clears his throat, then activates the elevator, setting it to go to the top floor.
"The Gentleman is an individual who believes that the best way to solve the current problems with the world is to unite the Skylanders and the Ocean Dwellers under one cause. We admire his ambition, but it should be plainly obvious that it won't work. The Skylanders are technologically backward and their society is dysfunctional. They make little technological progress and cannot unite themselves under one leadership due to the nature of their residence. We, on the other hand, believe that might makes right, and that our own society should not go to lengths to conduct diplomacy with the Skylanders. It is a waste of time and energy that could be spent researching ways to repair the ecosystem and make our planet habitable again."

The elevator is about halfway through the building.

Looking down Corran briefly yanks his knife free of wherever it ended up in the first victim and calmly wipes the blood off on the surrendered mans shirt.

" Now your going to explain to me why you've tried to kill me then your going to tell me which arrogant prick thought you 3 amateurs would be enough to do it so I can kill him next for the insult.  Or alternatively, I can just slit your throat and leave you to rot with your friends. Think quickly. "

If he doesn't tell me cut his throat, if he does tell me kick him hard between the legs. Then cut his throat.

Amateur.

After you say the above, you hear a voice inside your right ear. Agent Thomas doesn't seem to hear it.
"The Agent, Bekter. His guard is down. Take him out."

You look down at the knife in your hands. It's completely clean.

Might as well get on with it.
Climb into the helicopter.

You bang on the helicopter several times before the pilot realizes you're there and opens the side door. He takes his earmuffs off as you climb into the vehicle.
"Hey there! We'll be here just a bit longer while Dexter grabs another guy off the tower. Boss says we need all the help we can get."

The pilot starts the helicopter and takes it down to the roof of the tower.
"Send the ladder down, please."
You spot the Gentleman agent that talked to you before, as well as... Shane Piston.

Just head on up to the roof.

You run into a cloaked figure, presumably the one you saw climbing the tower. He seems exhausted, and his hat is missing. Breathing heavily, he first asks you a question.
"Pardon me but... have you seen a hat anywhere?"
After you respond, he tells you,
"Our transportation is at the top of the solar array. Unfortunately, that was the best we could get as we didn't want to damage the tower or our helicopter by landing on these uneven surfaces." He motions toward the ground.
"They're coming down for us as we speak."
You see the helicopter approaching overhead.

"Just," Nathom waved a hand dismissively, thinking for a moment, "Tell him I'm acting on a tremendous opportunity to gain new knowledge, the nature of which I am not yet sure of. I don't know more details myself yet, so I've really no idea what else to say."

He turned towards the newcomer. "Tariff. Nathom Tariff, yes."

>Talk.

((The new agent is now red))

"Splendid. Well come on aboard, the Baxters will remain here for the time being."

*If you accept, the next turn you will be at the same point as darkpaladin109's character--in the sky. I'm waiting for a certain person to reply before continuing.*

Tallis walks over to the map checking this new destination.
"fancy that it isn't just old an old sea dog tale."
Tallis gently starts to hum a sea shanty to herself as she flips on the Ravens radar and plots a course to Rapture. The ship gently groans as the engines hum back to life and start up.
Come on old dog lets go see what kind of trouble we can stir up now."

*A while later...*

Your submarine approaches the city, a great sea of lights and underwater towers, quite different from the other underwater settlements you've visited. The architecture, in fact, reminds you of some pictures of old world cities. "Art Deco," or whatever it was called.

On the bridge's 3D map, you see a representation of the nearby city made from sonar data. One of the first unusual things you spot is a single submarine in the distance with a finned wedge shape. It is being trailed by four larger subs, but it is much faster than them and appears to be outrunning them. It's foreign shape and design is one you aren't familiar with, but more importantly, it seems to be on a collision course with a building in the city!

Tell the Heli to stop, and have the leader come down by rope.

You hold out your arm, signalling for the copter to stop. Before you could signal for the helicopter to send down whomever on it that's important, the underside hatch opens, and four men in black cloaks and top hats come down by rope.

One of them steps forward. Unlike the others, his hat seems to cast a shadow over his face that's unusually dark, rendering his face mostly invisible. He walks as if he is the leader of the bunch, stepping forward first as the others follow, and tipping his hat to you as he approaches.

"Greetings, Lukim."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »

"'Kay."
Kyle does what he is told.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »

Send a spy drone a safe distance away from the quad-rotor to observe what is happening on the tower.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2014, 06:34:38 pm »

"Your hat is no more I'm afraid."

"Very well, let's go."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2014, 06:47:04 pm »

Spin to face the target I failed to hit and ram the knife into her gut then sweep her feet out from beneath her. If the guy on the floor tries to rise while I'm distracted kick him in the side of the head before he can get to his feet.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:39 pm »

Nathom nodded, straightening the front of his parka with a somewhat distracted expression as he pondered all the possibilities.
Just where were these people taking him? Who were they, and how did they have access to such resources? What discoveries would he make along the way? Was this even a good idea?
Find out next time on Torn Planet, when Nathom bravely boards the Adventure Sub for a surreal, relaxing deep-ocean cruise with destination unknown!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2014, 10:09:38 pm »

Aneita peers at the man, and then follows cautiously, arms crossed.
Follow the man to the control hangar.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

Tell him to stop, Have guns pointed at him.
"Who are you? What are you doing here? What do you need?"

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:46 am »

"Well then it really isn't my day. That place could hold a fortune, just the location alone could fetch me a decent price."
Tallis gets on the horn and attempts to hail the sub the is on the crash course and see if there is some way to stop it or divert it's course
"This is the Captain of the under sea Raven, please explain why you are about to ram a hole into the side of my next paycheck. If you do not comply I will use deadly force. It's nothing personal it's just not good business to throw away treasure."
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:30 am »

((So Gamerlord, your guy is a member of the lower caste of Sunstone))
Is that a piston?! In the name of the Sun, I guess whoever this gentleman is he really is recruiting anybody.
throw down the ladder, and climb into the helicopter, making sure to turn my nose up at the piston scum.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 04:11:31 am »

- What you say is making perfect sense. I actually had no clear ideas about Gentleman's true intensions. I do agree with the way you offer. Let us do that. But one question is still bothering me - what exactly do you want to do to stop Gentleman?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:46:04 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 06:36:05 am »

((So Gamerlord, your guy is a member of the lower caste of Sunstone))
Is that a piston?! In the name of the Sun, I guess whoever this gentleman is he really is recruiting anybody.
throw down the ladder, and climb into the helicopter, making sure to turn my nose up at the piston scum.
((Not lower caste so much as no one wants to talk to the guy who fixes the garbage disposal, waste reclamation units, plumbing, solar arrays, pretty much everything really.))

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2014, 06:48:32 am »

((Not lower caste so much as no one wants to talk to the guy who fixes the garbage disposal, waste reclamation units, plumbing, solar arrays, pretty much everything really.))
((Fair enough, I'd still act the same. oh and solar arrays are a beamhandler only job :P))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:50:16 am by Noodlerex »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21