Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78827 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : voices from the ceiling and in your head
« Reply #750 on: August 19, 2014, 02:50:03 pm »

((Small bump, because I'd like at least one or two more people to post before I do an update.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 19, 2014, 04:22:00 pm »

With my skillfully prepared acrobatics, plunge (bottom-first, putting all of my weight into it) through the roof and onto Lord Tomato's head! And if that works, beat him in the face with my gauntlets until tomato seeds fall out!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 19, 2014, 06:58:35 pm »

"Those costs, always why I never enjoyed shopping for magical gadgets. Come on Tom, let's move on."

Bypass the wizard merchant.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Tomato juice everywhere
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

Inside a dark hallway
Look around for anything interesting. Stay in the dark while doing so
You shuffle along the hallway together with the golem, staying in the darkness the entire time. The hallway itself turns out to be very much deserted. You check both doors, opening them just a tiny bit and looking through the crack. On one end of the hallway, you can see another dark room through the crack. There are shelves and tables, but you can't see much else without completely opening the door. On the other end of the hallway you can see rather bright light through the crack of the door and hear the sound of fire and metal clanging.

In the crimson pagoda
((Am I the only one that expected Lord Tomato would be a spy?))
"You seem an honorable man... fruit. I do not wish to kill you nor honestly do I wish to assassinate the good Lord. Unfortunately his presence alone is causing unfortunate ripples through other plains and I am, sadly, on a divine quest given to me by a god second hand to cease these effects. I am truly sorry."
Lightning bolt to the face!
[6+2->1+2] The man opens his mouth to say something, but he doesn't even get a chance to start speaking before a very large bolt of lightning leaves your hands. The bolt is more like a beam as it almost instantly hits him square in the face and favoprizes most of his head, going on and blasting trough the wall behind the man. As the beam dies away just as fast as it came into existence, the man's headless body stands there for a second with his staff rasied before it unceremoniously falls to the ground.

With my skillfully prepared acrobatics, plunge (bottom-first, putting all of my weight into it) through the roof and onto Lord Tomato's head! And if that works, beat him in the face with my gauntlets until tomato seeds fall out!
As you prepare for your acrobatic combat manoevre, a bright beam exits from the tower from one of the floors below you, lighting up the sky. You look down to see Lord tomato looking at the beam through the window and decide that this is exactly the kind of distraction the chapter on sleigh of hand in the great book of dwarvish clowning is all about. You jump in the air and assume the cannonball position [5+1] and plunge right through the rickety part of the roof. Lord Tomato doesn't even have the time to shout in surprise as you land arse first onto his head. As Lord Tomato is lying on the floor, dazed and confused, you get on top of him and start punching. [2+1+1] You punch the man over and over. If this was a slow motion montage you would have been able to see his face transition from perfectly fine, to bruised, to very hurt, all the way to mashed vegetable salad. You stand up, tomato seeds and flesh all the way up to your forearms. Lord Tomato lies on the floor, head destroyed beyond recognition. All that armour and the fancy swords didn't do him much good in the end.

On the road
"Those costs, always why I never enjoyed shopping for magical gadgets. Come on Tom, let's move on."

Bypass the wizard merchant.

You simply start walking away from the merchant, annoyed that he didn't just put little cards stating his prices and thus wasting your time. After a few seconds, Paddy falls into step next to you, looking at something in his hands.

"He practically pushed this fancy little business card into my hands. Said we should use the incantation on the front if we ever changed our minds. There's apparently a sampler on the back. What did he say it was? A small ectomancy enchantment that would allow us to summon the spirit of a deceased person once, so long as we can write down his name. huh."

You look behind you, but there is no trace of the wizard left.

After an hour or so, you come across a fork in the road. the signpost reads: "<- Hopside Village | Castle Arcliffe ->"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »

"Ten out of ten, would assassinate again!"

Place a few seeds into my hat. Have to grow a new crop of villains and all that. Then examine his stuff - perform inventory of his assets, so to speak.

Consider the possibility that this was just a clever body double. Check if his weapons and armor seem authentic. Lift his swords off him if they seem nice.

Consider our trickster patron. Does our mission seem complete?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:24:02 am by Harry Baldman »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2014, 08:16:24 pm »

*kneels over body* "I am sorry."
Grab some seeds and his staff and go upstairs.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 23, 2014, 09:03:20 am »

"Hold onto the card, that may be of use later if the wizard is willing to cooperate. Now then, I've visited numerous manors but never a Castle. Let's see what those are like."

Go to the Castle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Casles and completed quests
« Reply #757 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »

In the vegetable kingdom
"Ten out of ten, would assassinate again!"

Place a few seeds into my hat. Have to grow a new crop of villains and all that. Then examine his stuff - perform inventory of his assets, so to speak.

Consider the possibility that this was just a clever body double. Check if his weapons and armor seem authentic. Lift his swords off him if they seem nice.

Consider our trickster patron. Does our mission seem complete?

You sift through the mushy gunk that used to be the head of Lord Tomato and manage to find three seeds. You place them into your hat, where they slowly dissapear into the fabric.

His assets do not contain overly much. The armour he was wearing seems mostly ceremonial. Hard leather painted in red and with many fancy drawings on it, but it wouldn't hold up terribly well in battle. On his belt you find a foldable fan, it is made of blackened metal with laquered paper in between. The paper is white a drawing of a red tomato in the middle. Also on his belt is his sword. A rather long katana, its scabbard is made of crimson red laquerware.

You begin to question if this was really Lord Tomato when you hear a terrible sound outside. Looking out of the windows, you can see the world outside disintegrating into nothingness. At the speed that everything is disintegrating, it seems that you'll have only moments before it hits where you are.

*kneels over body* "I am sorry."
Grab some seeds and his staff and go upstairs.
You grab the staff and feel a tingle of magic as you touch it. You start heading for the stairs, but as you pass the windows you see the same sight as Nosegay.

((Just want some comfirmation from Harry about what he wants to grab from Lord Tomato, then we'll go back to Uskaria. The disintegration isn't bad for your general wellbeing, no worries..))

Near a fork in the road
"Hold onto the card, that may be of use later if the wizard is willing to cooperate. Now then, I've visited numerous manors but never a Castle. Let's see what those are like."

Go to the Castle.

Liking the idea of seeing a real castle, you head right on the fork and start following the path. The path takes you through some rather dense forest. After a while you come out into an opening. Surrounded by a large moat, Castle Arlcliffe stand before you. The castle is obviously old and ill-kept, vines and other assorted vegetation growing all over the walls. You can see part of a roof on the east side has collapsed. All that having been said, Castle Arlcliffe seems to endure, it's walls standing strong and its bell tower rising ever proudly into the sky. Everything is quiet and no movement or sound can  be detected from the outside. The castle doors on the other side of the bridge stand open, but from where you're standing only darkness can be seen within. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 25, 2014, 03:12:12 pm »

Grab as much of Lord Tomato's stuff as possible! It'll be hilarious if anyone finds him dead and naked at the top of his pagoda, right? Assuming that this place has any sort of permanency, that is.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »

Grab as much of Lord Tomato's stuff as possible! It'll be hilarious if anyone finds him dead and naked at the top of his pagoda, right? Assuming that this place has any sort of permanency, that is.
((Well then, that was faster than I expected))

You grab the fan, sword, his helmet and manage to pry loose his cuirass before the disintegration hits you. THe world goes black.

The three of you wake up lying in the grass in front of the hollow tree you started your adventure at. As you get up, you hear someone clapping near you. The trickster god and his faithful minion stands a few feet away from you all, looking mighty pleased.

"Well done, well done. Took you longer than I expected, but I can't demand too much from mortals after all. Now then, since you've rid me from that dreadful tomato's influence, I believe presents are in order!"

Silak walks up to each of in turn, and gives each a present

"For the kitsune, a jade magatama. Holding it will allow you to clearly see even the most devious of magics.

For the angel, a pendant made from the bones of the first priest of Solaris. It will allow you to see glimpses into the true nature of any creature. Also, I have removed the curse that was upon you. Try not to abuse that and become all evil now.

And lastly, for the one to deliver the finishing blow, I give you the greatest treasure of them all. Friendship."

He stands there for a second, then bursts out laughing.

"I'm just pulling your leg mate, here. A dagger, made from the broken off tip of Death's scythe. Be careful, it can cut pretty much anything. And I do mean anything, you really have to use your imagination sometimes."

"Hey, you! You can't just undo other god's curses like that."

A person, dressed the same way as Angus but with great wings on his back and wielding a baton in one hand and cuffs in the other, stands behind Silak.

"Ah, hah hah. Now you see officer..."

Silak suddenly turns around and kicks the angel in the groin, sending him toppling over in pain. Silak immediatly starts running into the bushes out of sight.

"Can't stick around guys. Gotta skedaddle. screw the constabulary!" his voice sounds quieter and quieter as he gets away from you. The angel quickly jumps up and hobbles after Silas into the bushes.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 25, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »

look through the door with the light shining around it. Be cautious
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 25, 2014, 07:10:46 pm »

"Hey Dave. Sup?"
Equip the lootz.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2014, 07:21:02 pm »

"Hello? Anyone present? I'm going in, watch my back Paddy."

Carefully creep into the entrance of the Castle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 28, 2014, 08:44:06 pm »

'Good, that's good to know. Now, let's just hope she's willing to betray her former captors.'
With one concern out of the way, Moskar Byal pondered how best to word his questions for the slave.
He paced back and forth across the small room on his side of the table, thinking it over for a moment.
"I undersstand your previous 'owner' wass a noble amongst the elves, yess? Tell me what he sspoke of, anything of interest you may have learned. Take your time, try and remember everything important." He pauses near the window, peering out through it a moment before adding, by way of encouragement, "Consider this your chance to get back at thosse who have mistreated you in the passt."

Begin to question the orc for information she may have gained from her previous owner.
Hopefully there's something juicy in there that actually warranted removing her tongue. Give her plenty of time to write her answers, and if she's struggling with language try and decipher what she means and offer suggestions.

Watch the view from the room's window.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »

((sorry for my abrupt disappearance >.<))

Place the vial of infinite water under the roof of the well, filling it continuously.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54