Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 77018 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Caves, healthy farmers and missing players.
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

In a pleasant little village

Look at a lowblood.
You look at the first person you notice. The gruff and rather intimidating guard to your left will do. You focus, and see glimpses of the man sitting at a table with a woman and two small children, laughing. And another glimpse of him reading a story to a small girl as she is in bed. Another glimpse, this one slightly colder and harder is that of him apprehending a man holding a coinpurse.

The glimpses stop after that, though you can't help but notice a certain feeling buried beneath them. Anxiety or fear, you're not quite sure as the feeling is very vague.

Into the square! Take in the atmosphere! Check if there is local entertainment present. Examine goods and farmers alike! How diseased are they, relatively speaking?
You stand there in the square and just take in the athmosphere. It's rather nice, actually. Nobody seems upset or stressed out. The merchants are peddling their goods with fervour and the people are smiling and joking about or simply focused on their work. The only local entertainment present seems to be a bard playing a guitar somewhere near the fountain, though you can only see the top of the fountain from where you are standing.
The goods are mostly produce and meats. Though there are some who are selling clothes as well. You can hear the distinctive osund of a blacksmith hammering metal in the near distance. You also spot a cart selling all sorts of oddities. The people here seem, relatively speaking, free of disease. There's the odd coughing fit and patch of skin disease here and there, but nothing really noteworthy.

In a dark place, in the forgeroom

"Then may your words... damn you all"

Continue forward
The old dwarf shakes his head and turns back to his forge, the chains at his feet scraping over the floor as he does so. "None ever listen to the wisdom of the elders. If only they would, we may not be in this mess." He says morosely.

You ignore what he says and go towards the door. You pull the handle and the stone door opens slowly though not making much sound at all, a testament to the skill of the stonemasons who build it. It opens up into another hallway that splits two ways after a bit. A dwarf was standing guard outside and turns to face you as he sees the door open. He looks mostly the same as the other dwarves, only his eyes are glassy and dark purple lines can be seen in the flesh around the eyes, moving outward in strange patterns. He takes one look at you and turns to run towards where the hall splits, shouting something in a language you don't recognize.

In a forest
Prepare a set-fire-on-things spell with the guitar. Keep on moving toward the cave.
You start to prepare a fire spell on the guitar and move closer to the cave. Two people in black leather armour stand in front of the entrance, one standing up and one sitting down on a rock. They seem to be eating something.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2014, 06:26:29 pm »

((Whoops.))

Observe cylinders closely, then take the bag.

"He had something strange on 'em. I wonder..."

Take a Cylinder, and throw it at the locked door.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 13, 2014, 05:42:55 am »

Approach this bard, and give him my patented thousand-yard clown stare, followed by a cheery titter and a greeting.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 13, 2014, 07:19:21 am »

Examine the guards more closely.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:00 am »

See which way the guard goes, and go the other way.

"Off to tell your brethren I've been released eh... I'd have dissapeared by then, and dwarves do not like false alarms."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 01, 2014, 11:55:05 pm »

Moskar Byal nods, slowly, as he reads the orc girl's response. He lowers his bulk into a chair opposite her as he ponders his- or their- next move.
"Good, good. What more do you know about thiss 'project'? Who did your owner sspeak about it to? Do you know his name?"

As he finished speaking he turned his thoughts to the other occupant of his mind, offering a brief explanation as he waited for words to begin forming on the paper. 'I just need to ensure that she does, in fact, have some information of value to the humans. This so-called secret project sounds promising indeed, I imagine the humans would be most interested. Next question is just how I plan to convince them to pay me for the information, rather than just imprison me at the first mention of "secret plans" and try beating it out of me. Any ideas, Dave?'

>Continue gently questioning the orc woman about her former owner's dealings. Ask about the 'secret project' she mentioned.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 02, 2014, 09:56:50 am »

magically look around to see if this fear is a common thing or specific to that lowwblood.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : hiatus over, adventuring continues
« Reply #787 on: October 02, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »

((Well, seems we've had quite a hiatus going on there. The start of the new semester has been pretty hectic and difficult, so I'm sorry about not updating this. We continue our regular scheduled programming tomorrow, as I've gotten distracted with writing the update and don't have time left tonight.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Throwing metal, stake-outs and elven doomsday plans
« Reply #788 on: October 04, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »

In castle arcliffe
((Whoops.))

Observe cylinders closely, then take the bag.

"He had something strange on 'em. I wonder..."

Take a Cylinder, and throw it at the locked door.

You take one of the cylinders and look closely at it. You don't seem to be able to see anything new about it, however. On a hunch, you turn towards the door and throw the cylinder at it. It sails through the air, hits the door with a meaty thunk and falls to the ground, rolling onto the carpet. Nothing happens. Dejected, you walk over and pick the cylinder back up.

In a small village
Approach this bard, and give him my patented thousand-yard clown stare, followed by a cheery titter and a greeting.
You walk over to the source of the music on the other side of the market. The bard is sitting on the edge of a low wall, playing his guitar. He is wearing travelling clothes and a large cowl and shawl wich hide most of his face. He is playing a slow, mellow piece as you walk up to right in front of him.

He stops playing and the two of you lock eyes. Yours are locked in a very impressive thousand yard stare, as if you were at the massacre of pale moon glade yourself all those years ago. His eyes are nothing but two small white pinpricks in the darkness of his cowl. You suddenyl snap out of it and cheerfully greet him. The cowl dips downward a bit, which you assume is a nod. His voice is low and warm, though he's somewhat difficult to understand, as if his was speaking upwind.

"And greetings to you, sir clown. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

magically look around to see if this fear is a common thing or specific to that lowwblood.
You scan around the village, looking for other signs of this sense of fear. You find that it is not a common thing, per se, most people in the market seem not to have it. The guards, however, almost uniformally have the fear, along with a few other random people walking by.

Near a cave
Examine the guards more closely.
You continue hiding and take a closer look at the people in front of the cave. They both seem to be elves, though you might be mistaken at this distance. You can see that the one sitting down has a sword and a shield leaning against the rock. The one standing up has a bow in his hand.

In a dark hallway
See which way the guard goes, and go the other way.

"Off to tell your brethren I've been released eh... I'd have dissapeared by then, and dwarves do not like false alarms."

You see the guard head off to the right, so you quickly walk to the end of the hallway and turn left. The hallway extends a good 15 meters to the left and ends at a very large metal door. You can't see it very well in the dark, but you notice that there is a large keyhole in the middle of the door.

In an elven city, tavern bedroom
Moskar Byal nods, slowly, as he reads the orc girl's response. He lowers his bulk into a chair opposite her as he ponders his- or their- next move.
"Good, good. What more do you know about thiss 'project'? Who did your owner sspeak about it to? Do you know his name?"

As he finished speaking he turned his thoughts to the other occupant of his mind, offering a brief explanation as he waited for words to begin forming on the paper. 'I just need to ensure that she does, in fact, have some information of value to the humans. This so-called secret project sounds promising indeed, I imagine the humans would be most interested. Next question is just how I plan to convince them to pay me for the information, rather than just imprison me at the first mention of "secret plans" and try beating it out of me. Any ideas, Dave?'

>Continue gently questioning the orc woman about her former owner's dealings. Ask about the 'secret project' she mentioned.
She starts writing again, pausing every once in a while to think. "Not much, master only say it will be end of empire. He spoke to many high people in the capital. No name, only rank. First blademaster."

"Well, the best way to actually get someone to listen to you about this would be to speak directly to an officer. They usually have some more braincells than your average grunt and the older ones tend to develop a healthy dose of paranoia about secret enemy projects."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 04, 2014, 04:30:22 pm »

Ask around for any knowledge on healing magic.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 04, 2014, 07:21:08 pm »

"When considering matters of causality, good sir, I can only advance sheer happenstance as an underlying reason! So none other than Number None has brought us together today. On that note, I am Nosegay the Clown, dabbler in matters divine and slayer of fruit royalty. Who might you be?"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:03:17 am by Harry Baldman »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 05, 2014, 08:57:36 am »

Try to pry open the door. If I can't, see if there's something I could climb on
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 05, 2014, 09:16:57 am »

"I thought this Castle would be more lively. I would feel better coming back here with a larger, more skillfully-diverse gang. Let's go."

Retrieve cylinders. Go to Hopside Village.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Trouble with doors
« Reply #793 on: October 14, 2014, 03:58:07 pm »

In a market square
Ask around for any knowledge on healing magic.
You ask around for anyone that can teach you more on healing magic. When you ask one of the guards if there is anyone near here who can, he tells you that you'll probably be out of luck. Anyone with experience in healing magic and doctors alike have been called to a legion fort to the east of here to serve.

"When considering matters of causality, good sir, I can only advance sheer happenstance as an underlying reason! So none other than Number None has brought us together today. On that note, I am Nosegay the Clown, dabbler in matters divine and slayer of fruit royalty. Who might you be?"

"My my, made quite a name for yourself in your young age, haven't you?"

the man chuckles and stands up. All you can see when he looks at you are two glowing orange pinpricks where his eyes would be, the rest of his face hidden within the darkness of the cowl.

"You may call me Vari, bard and teller of tales. I am currently going to my birthplace, the dreaded city of Istar. I believe the answer to everything what is happening here lies there."

Inside a dwarven tunnel
Try to pry open the door. If I can't, see if there's something I could climb on
Try as you might, the heavy door simply won't budge. You don't see anything resembling a key nearby either. As you're trying to get the door open, you can feel faint vibrations from it. You put your ear against it and can hear, very faintly, sounds of steel clasing against steel on the other side.

Hearing the sound of boots thudding in the distance, you quickly step into a dark alcove not far from the door. Moments later the dwarf you encountered earlier steps into view, accompanied by two of his companions. They are carrying large shields and holding short spears. They walk by you, going towards the door, seemingly oblivious to your presence.

"I thought this Castle would be more lively. I would feel better coming back here with a larger, more skillfully-diverse gang. Let's go."

Retrieve cylinders. Go to Hopside Village.
You pick up the cylinder you threw earlier and put it back into the bag with the others. You go to the door and pull the handle. It doesn't budge. You pull harder and still nothing. You and Paddy pull together, but not even your combined strength is able to get the door to move a single inch. A voice, low and rumbling, whispers from seemingly all around you at once.

"Release me, let me out of here."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Trouble with doors
« Reply #794 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:40 am »

"Most of the name-making may or may not have been a wacky hallucination, unfortunately. Did get a sweet reward, however, so I suppose it does not entirely matter, does it? After all, one's own diseased mind and another dimension are both other worlds of equal relevance to this one when you really think about it."

"But you said something about a place called Istar. It sounds rather fabulous. Care to elaborate?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54