Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 78896 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Pagoda assault and strange magical thingamajings
« Reply #735 on: August 04, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

Moskar Byal nods to the manager, his face devoid of expression.
"That will be quite sssatisfactory. Bring me writing materialss and there will be some more coin in it for you."
An odd request in such a place, certainly, but Moskar didn't much care. He didn't plan on staying here longer than he had to; he wanted to get any valuable information from his 'purchase' and be on his way, away from these snivelling elves and to someplace he might make coin rather than spend it.

He glanced aside to the orc woman as he waited for the innkeeper. Surely she harboured some grudge against those who had mistreated her, abused her and removed her tongue and means to speak? He imagined she would be glad to reveal what secrets she had been privy to, that had warranted cutting out her tongue, if it meant harming those who had done it. He hoped so, anyway- he had traded a valuable stone for the wretch's freedom, the least she could do was tell him something useful in return.

>Agree to the manager's deal, and promise him a few more coppers if he can bring writing materials to the room.

>Then go to my our room and inspect it. Also remember just what the slaver told me about the orc's collar: did he say how to remove it, or just how to attach it? What enchantments does it bear, exactly?

'Have you decided on a name for yourself, Voice? Or shall I simply continue to call you 'Voice'?'
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 07, 2014, 12:31:29 pm »

Inside and around the Crimson Pagoda
Outside, Seanna and the watchmen are loitering about.

"You don't look like a tomato. But I could be wrong."
The man smiles

"Ah, so you were expecting Lord Tomato. An assassin after all. No matter, arm yourself."

He adopts a combat stance and holds his staff horizontally under his arm.

Nosegay just had a brilliant idea. He leaned over to the missing tile and whispered dwarfishly rather than in the usual clownesque manner, and rather overtly at that, hoping to be heard by the man.

"What is this I see walking so close to the sky? Could it be the figure of a sinner?"

Dial up the mystique, and whisper to this feller! Does he look like a tomato-man?
The man does indeed look like tomato man, having red skin and wearing red armour embossed with icons depicting tomatoes.

You whisper in your most ominous voice and the man stops pacing around the room.

"What is this? Have the honoured ancestors come to haunt me? I have done nothing but bring glory to fruits everywhere! Soon we will rule the vegetable kingdom! I have committed no sin, you hear me?!" He shouts, motioning with his arms all around the room. Clearly the stress is getting to him.

Reanimate the golem, and ask it what's happening. It will probably be more helpful than than the dwarf, and definitely more useful than any human. Kick the human to the dwarf, no need for unnecessary clutter
You grab the runeslate and insert it into the slot. At first nothing happens. Then, slowly, the eyes of the golem start lighting up, two bright red triangles. It sits upright and looks at around a bit. You ask it what's happening. It shrugs, and points towards its mouth. Though they moulded a dwarvish looking face, it seems the mouth on this golem isn't actually functional.

In an orc village
((woops, missed a turn >.<))

Play Nothing but The Truth , and work out the, well, truth.
You whip out your guitar and play [1] the most horrifying screeching sounds known to man.

"Must you do that? Have we not suffered enough?"

In an elven city
Moskar Byal nods to the manager, his face devoid of expression.
"That will be quite sssatisfactory. Bring me writing materialss and there will be some more coin in it for you."
An odd request in such a place, certainly, but Moskar didn't much care. He didn't plan on staying here longer than he had to; he wanted to get any valuable information from his 'purchase' and be on his way, away from these snivelling elves and to someplace he might make coin rather than spend it.

He glanced aside to the orc woman as he waited for the innkeeper. Surely she harboured some grudge against those who had mistreated her, abused her and removed her tongue and means to speak? He imagined she would be glad to reveal what secrets she had been privy to, that had warranted cutting out her tongue, if it meant harming those who had done it. He hoped so, anyway- he had traded a valuable stone for the wretch's freedom, the least she could do was tell him something useful in return.

>Agree to the manager's deal, and promise him a few more coppers if he can bring writing materials to the room.

>Then go to my our room and inspect it. Also remember just what the slaver told me about the orc's collar: did he say how to remove it, or just how to attach it? What enchantments does it bear, exactly?

'Have you decided on a name for yourself, Voice? Or shall I simply continue to call you 'Voice'?'
The innkeep immediatly produces some paper from behind his counter, handing it to you. He says that there's a quill and ink on the table in you room, free of charge.

You go towards the room and open the door. It's a rather large one, with a table and two chairs, a dresser and a bookshelf. And a single queen sized bed.

The slaver only really told you how to get the collar on, not how to get it off. The magics weaved into the collar made it hard for the slave to leave their masters or disobey direct commands from them, so he said.

"I dunno chief. I don't really get the whole name business, honestly. Call me Dave for the time being, that seems easy to remember."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 07, 2014, 03:25:56 pm »

"The 'lord' doth protest too much, I believe. Where might this glory come from? The piles of rotting, dead fruits and vegetables? The empty towns that played host to the slaughter? The still body of President Pineapple?"

Maximum ominosity!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 07, 2014, 04:25:19 pm »

Weapons are for lesser men than I.
Lightning to the face!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »

"Golem, this cave has served me well, but I am now curious. Come, let us leave this place, and see what is happening.
Break out of the cell, with the golem's help hopefully
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 07, 2014, 10:53:50 pm »

"How have you suffered?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:13 pm »

"The black sphere explosions and the statute, how much? Are they up for trade or just pure currency?"

Natasha flat out ignores his offer about the paw. She believes she read something bad about an object like it in a W. W. Jacobs story once. That's "William Wallace Jacob Almighty" the third, a great warrior poet, not the 1902 English novel.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 08, 2014, 12:11:40 pm »

Moskar steps into the room and looks around, seemingly finding it satisfactory. He then moves over to the table, placing down the paper and arranging the inkpot and quill to one side. That done, he looks up to the orc woman, who was presumably following him.
He narrows his slitted eyes thoughtfully, watching her a moment before speaking.
"Common: do you sspeak it?" He asks, not wasting time on any small-talk. "And more importantly, do you write it?"

Arrange paper, quill and ink atop the table, then ask my 'purchase' whether she can speak, read and write Common.
If not, ask if she knows the Elven language. I'm assuming a nod or shake of the head will be her answer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 12, 2014, 01:53:10 pm »

--This update's rhubarb seeds brought to you by Radio_Controlled--

The crimson Pagoda
Seanna and the watchmen keep loitering outside. Man, assaulting a palace is broing.

"The 'lord' doth protest too much, I believe. Where might this glory come from? The piles of rotting, dead fruits and vegetables? The empty towns that played host to the slaughter? The still body of President Pineapple?"

Maximum ominosity!

"Pineapple couldn't see our greatness! He wanted to be at peace with the vegetables! As for those who died..."
He waves his hand in front of him "Necessary sacrifices. We cannot build our new order without a few deaths, cannot make a salad without chopping up some ingredients. I mourn their loss, of course, but it was inevitable."

Weapons are for lesser men than I.
Lightning to the face!
[4+2]v[3] Instead of drawing any kind of weapon, you throw your hands in front of you and unleash a great bolt of lightning. This clearly catches the man off guard, as he only has time to raise his staff in front of him defensively before the blast arrives. The staff seems to absorb some of it, but the majority of the bolt catches the man in the chest, sending him flying backwards crashing into the wall. The man groans in pain, his skin charred and smoke rising up from his body. He quickly throws out his arm and [1] something falls about halfway between you and him. It seems to be a seed, but not a second later vines and rhubard spring forth from it in a tangled mess. He tries to get back up, but doesn't seem to manage quite well.

In a dark cell
"Golem, this cave has served me well, but I am now curious. Come, let us leave this place, and see what is happening.
Break out of the cell, with the golem's help hopefully
The golem nods, and together you are able to bend the bars just enough to slip through. Outside of the cell you find yourself in a long hallway, with about 5 more cells like the one you just came out of. They are mostly empty, except for a rather beligerent dwarf in one of them. Two large stone doors sit on either side of the hallway.

In an orc village
"How have you suffered?"
"Well, my latest suffering was you trying your best to burst my eardrums. Then there is the aforementioned curse. Our well is also drying up, so we will soon be without drinkable water."

On a road, next to a hedge wizard's carpet
"The black sphere explosions and the statute, how much? Are they up for trade or just pure currency?"

Natasha flat out ignores his offer about the paw. She believes she read something bad about an object like it in a W. W. Jacobs story once. That's "William Wallace Jacob Almighty" the third, a great warrior poet, not the 1902 English novel.
"Ah, I would say about 1000 coins for the spheres, and about 250 coins for the statuette. Though, if you have any interesting items, I am certainly not averse to trading. Are you sure you don't want the paw? Imagine what you could do with three wishes. There isn't even a genie to try and scam you!"

In an elven city
Moskar steps into the room and looks around, seemingly finding it satisfactory. He then moves over to the table, placing down the paper and arranging the inkpot and quill to one side. That done, he looks up to the orc woman, who was presumably following him.
He narrows his slitted eyes thoughtfully, watching her a moment before speaking.
"Common: do you sspeak it?" He asks, not wasting time on any small-talk. "And more importantly, do you write it?"

Arrange paper, quill and ink atop the table, then ask my 'purchase' whether she can speak, read and write Common.
If not, ask if she knows the Elven language. I'm assuming a nod or shake of the head will be her answer.
She nods and grunts, picking up the quill and dipping it in the ink. She writes on the paper in common: "common not perfect, but good enough. Understand elvish, but no write."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 12, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »

"A few deaths. Of course. The people do tend to look much smaller from your tall tower of iniquity."

Keep up the ominosity, and prepare for acrobatics. Do not execute just yet, however.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 12, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

"My quarrel is not with you."
Try and find the stairs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »

Moskar nods, rather pleased- although you can hardly tell it from his face.
He strides over to stand by the table, opposite her.
"I would think--" he began, then trailed off, a worrying thought having occurred to him.
'I hope that collar doesn't somehow transmit sound back to the slavers. That would be quite bad, given the questions I intend to ask her. Is such a thing possible, Dave? I do not know too much of such enchantments. I'm hardly in good enough condition to handle a platoon of elves lying in wait outside the inn as I leave.'

Looking back to the orc as his mind races, the lizardman decides to fill the silence with a less dangerous question than what he'd planned.
Such a thing, almost 'small talk', does not come naturally to him. He hesitates. "What iss your name?"

Consider (i.e. ask Dave about) the possibility of the collar being a spying device.

Meanwhile, ask the orc her name, so as to avoid a suspicious silence- just in case.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : voices from the ceiling and in your head
« Reply #747 on: August 16, 2014, 05:57:57 pm »

At the crimson pagoda
"A few deaths. Of course. The people do tend to look much smaller from your tall tower of iniquity."

Keep up the ominosity, and prepare for acrobatics. Do not execute just yet, however.
You brace yourself for impeding acrobatic action, but don't actually move much yet. Instead, you dial up the mysticism a bit. Lord Tomato is obviosuly getting rather frazzled by all of this.

"What do you expect me to do, honoured ancestors! I am in too far now, I cannot stop the atrocities from happening anymore. I can only strike hard so that all of this may come to an end soon. The only way I can atone for this hellish war that I've wrought is to take over their capital and end the war. There is no other way for me stop all this and keep our honour. What is happening is...not good, but losing this war is absolutely unacceptable!"

Lord Tomato looks sort of dejected, but keeps his head held high anyway.

"My quarrel is not with you."
Try and find the stairs.
You dismiss the wounded man with a cool rolling of your eyes at him and turn around towards the door. You haven't moved three step before something snags a hold of your foot and you nearly trip. You look down to see a collection of vines an rhubarb twisted and tangled around your foot. You look behind you and see the man slowly rising to his feet, vines sprouting from his staff and healing the damage your lightning bolt did.

"I shall not allow you to pass so easily, friend. My duty is to my Lord, I'm afraid you'll have to go through me first."

His staff begins to glow faintly green and he points it towards you.

in an elven city
Moskar nods, rather pleased- although you can hardly tell it from his face.
He strides over to stand by the table, opposite her.
"I would think--" he began, then trailed off, a worrying thought having occurred to him.
'I hope that collar doesn't somehow transmit sound back to the slavers. That would be quite bad, given the questions I intend to ask her. Is such a thing possible, Dave? I do not know too much of such enchantments. I'm hardly in good enough condition to handle a platoon of elves lying in wait outside the inn as I leave.'

Looking back to the orc as his mind races, the lizardman decides to fill the silence with a less dangerous question than what he'd planned.
Such a thing, almost 'small talk', does not come naturally to him. He hesitates. "What iss your name?"

Consider (i.e. ask Dave about) the possibility of the collar being a spying device.

Meanwhile, ask the orc her name, so as to avoid a suspicious silence- just in case.
"Nah, scrying enchantments are pretty hard to pull off you know. Lots of magical interference to deal with. The enchantments would be impossible to hide even to the untrained eye, and besides, there probably isn't enough space on the collar anyway."

The half-orc looks slightly surprised by your question. She writes a single word on the paper: "Adia"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 16, 2014, 06:42:36 pm »

Look around for anything interesting. Stay in the dark while doing so
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 16, 2014, 07:31:50 pm »

((Am I the only one that expected Lord Tomato would be a spy?))
"You seem an honorable man... fruit. I do not wish to kill you nor honestly do I wish to assassinate the good Lord. Unfortunately his presence alone is causing unfortunate ripples through other plains and I am, sadly, on a divine quest given to me by a god second hand to cease these effects. I am truly sorry."
Lightning bolt to the face!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 54