Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79170 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : of fallen angels and sunbathing molepeople
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:09 pm »

"Hey what are you guys doing anyway? Also did I see Silak on my way down? That guy owes me money!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

We were meant to get him to lift a curse on some noblewoman. He... Somehow convinced us to work for him and apparently we are to go slay the tomato.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:31 am »

"Crap, really? The Tomato is certainly unbalancing so mind if I tag along."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:22 am »

Sure why not? So what's your story?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:45 am »

"You know how it is. The gods want to replicate Dwarven tech, you get randomly chosen as the brain of an Angelputer, you blast your way out with lightning magicks, four-hundred years in angel prison, banishment from heaven, fall for two years, land in a small town, have your impact destroy it, go find an inn, pay for it with your golden feathers, the gods track you down, you are taked with 'bringing balance back to Uskaria', fall out of the sky again, meet a Dwarven mummer and a magic fox, go on a quest to erase The Deceiver from time-space. You know, the usual."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Down the rabbit hole
« Reply #545 on: May 19, 2014, 06:23:11 pm »

In a forest
Although dripping with pumpkin juice, Natasha was mostly unharmed. She had made out of the situation far better than many cute catgirls who had attempted taking on tentacle monsters.

Next to the pumpkin corpse, the warrior is tending to the archer's wounds.

Inspect the dome.
Natascha walks up to the dome and circles it, inspecting it up close. It looks like it's made up completely out of dirt, overgrown with grass and weeds. On the back side, however, she finds a circular door which looks like it's made up out of painted wood. Looking through the small windows in the door, she can see that it leads down a spiral staircase. Faint light can be observed coming from below.

On a bloody, battle scarred road
Do as the voice says, in hopes of getting a chance to kill the mage who did this.
Am I feeling pain from my injuries? If yes, focus on suppressing that until I can move. As soon as I can (hopefully) move, roll away from my assailant and get towards that damn sorcerer. Bite his throat out if both my hands are out of action, otherwise claw him open.
"Yesss, I knew you'd come to your senses. Hang on, kiddo, this ride might get rough."

No sooner has the voice said this as you feel an immense pain in you shoulder, as if the armoured sleeve is digging its way into your flesh. You snarl, as the pain leaves you writhing on the ground, you can see the ice giant coming in for another attack. As he heaves up his axe arm, The pain suddenly seizes completely, and the voice sounds once more.

"Whew, took me a while. Well then, buckly up kid, let's show em what we can do."

As the arm comes down, your armour hand shoots up and intercepts it, holding it in avice like grip and preventing it from moving even an inch. You can see that the armour is molding itself into scales, not unlike those your body. The scales start to spread, faster and faster, until they cover your whole body. You [4+1] Get up, very slowly pushing the arm up enough to be able to sit in a crouching position, but the ice familiar is pressing too hard to get up completely. The ice mage, still jumping with joy, stops when he turns around and sees this.

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! CRUSH HIM!"

The Ice giant heaves his arms up over his head and sends it down with all the force it can muster, the air around you getting noticebly colder as the giant exerts his will. [giant=7] vs [6+1] The arm comes down, but you stand up right and intercept it. The ice blade bites into your hand, sending a stream of warm blood down your armour. Feeling even weaker than before, you decide to try something desperate. [8] You twist you body and snarl in pure rage as you heave the Ice giant to the side, sending him flying a good three meters. You immediatly bolt for the mage, [9] vs [6] closing the distance between the two of you in mere seconds. The mage tries to get up a barrier again, but you are simply too fast and crash into him with your impressive bulk and speed, sending both of you to the ground.

You take one look in the man's eyes, pleased to see that the smugness has been replaced by sheer terror. His feeble attempts to get you off quickly turn into frantic writhing and gurgling as you rip out his throat with you bare hand and dig your claws into his flesh repeatedly. As the gurgles die down, you can hear the ice familiar cracking into small pieces behind you. Then it goes dark.

You wake up, lying next to the bloody corpse of the mage, your armour gone and your right arm lying a few feet away from you. In it's place is the armoured arm which moves and feels as if it were a part of your body. You stand up, but have to struggle to keep your balance. You feel awfully light headed and wobbly. Your left arm is still split down the middle, blood clotting the wound and running down your arm.

On a bent in the road, next to a crater. A clown, a kitsune and an angel walk into a bar
Just a hunch based on the fact that you are dressed like a clown and wearing a potato.

"That's not a potato. That's a soil hat with a bird on it. Anyhow, good day, sir, have a wonderful time on this green earth and whatnot."

Go over to that place Tooh Kahn is pointing to. Then act on what seems like the most logical course of action at that point.

As the strange man and Seanna converse, Nosegay asks Tooh Kahn wether this man is related to their quest. The bird shrugs, as well as a creature without arms can shrug. "I don't think so, sending people falling out of the sky is more Solaris' style, not Silak. I mean, SQUAWK"

Satisfied, Nosegay heads to the place Tooh Kahn pointed out, finding a hollow tree. The inside of the trunk seems to be a massive hole, you can't even see the bottom. Deciding that the best course of action would be to get on with it and go down the rabbit hole, Nosegay grabs both Seanna and Angus and drags them with him into the hole. The three of them fall, Seanna and Nosegay flailing, while Angus remains pretty calm as he has become rather used to falling these last few months. Tooh Kahn remains stoically on Nosegay's head. After ten minutes, the three are still falling. Out of nowhere, white text starts scrolling along the darkness.

"In a world filled with strife, three factions wage a never ending struggle. The vegetable kingdom has been raiding the lands of the Fruit Federation once too many. The Fruit Federation has retalliated, pushing into the Vegetable kingdom's lands. The third faction, the alliance of free foodstuffs, has remained neutral in all this.

Will this war consume us all? Will this be the end of the fragile balance between fruits and vegetables? Only time will tell..."

As soon as the text stops, our group finds themselves falling through the air on a rather warm evening, a warm breeze passing by.

They land into a heap of what seems like a pile of hacked and shredded potatoe and cabbage.

Outside a certain mansion
((I am sorry for not posting - I'm having my graduation exams in a few weeks and I really have to focus on studying. Pancaek, could you place my character in temporal suspension for a while?))
In the darkness of night, those insomniacs brave enough to wander the dark streets would have witnessed a strange sight indeed. A man dressed in disco clothes and wearing a gigantic clock dancing his way down the street, stopping in front of a mansion.

"Oh my, seems like this one will be gone for some time. Can't let that disturb the flow of time, not groovy. Not grooovy at all~"

the man spins in a circle and snaps his fingers. The trees in the garden of the mansion stop swaying in the wind, the alchemical fires stop dancing in the night breeze. Everything seems frozen. And with another snap of his fingers, the man is gone.

At the battle of the bands
((Ooh, tricky to do with 'modern' titles, all anti-war.))

Fortunate Son! This is War. Change any modern references to ones appropriate for the era. Return the holoband!

"And that was Lance Lovebody, with the classic 'The soldiers' mace'. Next up. LORD. OF. METAAAAAAL"

You walk upon stage, the crowd cheering very loudly. [+2 to rolls.]

You start playing your song [9+2], the other bandmembers appearing immediatly behind you. Floating, moving images appear allong the stage walls, and hovering along the edges of the crowd, depicting various war scenes. Lights come out of nowhere, in all colours, flashing along with the beat of the song. The crowd goes absolutely wild as you give the best performance of the event yet.

the announcer enters the stage as you take your bow after the song.
"Well then, ladies and gentlemen, Let us look at the scores. The three favourites haven't changed. The bard rangers are still in third place with 42 points. Lance Lovebody is in second place with 46 points. and Lord of metal is in first place with...WHAT IS THIS? LORD OF METAL IS IN FIRST PLACE WITH 51 POINTS! LADIES ANDGENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A WINNER!"

As the crowd goes absolutely wild cheering fro you, a man dressed in flamboyant yellow and green clothes with lots of frills almost runs up on the stage.

"What is this nonsense!? I am LANCE LOVEBODY! I have won this event for 5 years in a row. This...this....insect cannot beat me. I invoke the right of rockoff!"

The crowd goes silent, hushed whispers replacing the applause.

The announcer swallows, and turns to you.

"Do you accept the challenge to rockoff? Will you fight this man....to the death?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 19, 2014, 06:29:28 pm »

((I'm going to pretend my character knows what that means, so can you fill in the gaps for me? As in do I just explode his face off or is it all musical bullshite?))

"I accept. What are the terms?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:34:14 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:14 pm »

((I'm going to pretend my character knows what that means, so can you fill in the gaps for me? As in do I just explode his face off or is it all musical bullshite?))

((Oh, you're not supposed to know what that means. Your character isn't from around here. The announcer will explain for you. I might do a small update tomorrow so you can get started fast.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2014, 06:53:53 pm »

"Damnit, again? I hope this one doesn't last as long."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2014, 07:48:29 pm »

Seanna punches Nosegay in the face.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2014, 08:04:54 pm »

Angus lightly zaps Nosegay in the face.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2014, 09:40:07 pm »

Natasha decides to take a tactic more innovative and pirate-y than simply doing a head on attack.

"Tis' made of earthly materials, grass and woods. Which means it is flammable. Let's burn it down."

Acquire materials for building a fire.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 19, 2014, 11:45:12 pm »

"What an interesting set of phenomena!"

If I can see the unprovoked attacks on my person coming, strive to dodge in a manner that leads to my two companions hitting each other. Preferably in a manner that involves hilarious gyrations.

In any case, take a look around.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 23, 2014, 05:26:41 pm »

((So yeah, went AWOL again for a few days because I had to finish a paper. Just got done, too. Seriously, get your shit together Publishers. I should not have to use google books to find where the book I have right in front of me was published.))

At the battle of the bands

"The terms are simple."

As the announcer says this, a giant dome shaped cage is wheeled onto the stage.

"Two minstrels enter, one minstrel leaves. The rules are simple as well. The person who can first take the other's instrument wins. Anything is permitted to accomplish this."

One of the stagehands opens the door to the cage and the announcer motions for you both to enter.

"Hah, I will grind you under my pointy boot like the cockroach you are."

You both enter the cage and stand at oppsite sides. Lance has his classical guitar in his hands, and you've got your magitar.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. IT'S TIME FOR THE ROCK OOOOOOOOOOFFF. MINSTRELS.......BEGIN!"

Somewhere not in Uskaria anymore...
Angus lightly zaps Nosegay in the face.
"What an interesting set of phenomena!"

If I can see the unprovoked attacks on my person coming, strive to dodge in a manner that leads to my two companions hitting each other. Preferably in a manner that involves hilarious gyrations.

In any case, take a look around.

Seanna punches Nosegay in the face.
[Seanna punch: 2+2] [angus zappy: 4+2] [Nosegay evasive action: 10+1] Angus and Seanna, unhappy about being dragged into a hole by Nosegay, attempt to lightly batter the clown for his misdeed. Nosegay, a veteran of many years involving pies to the face and squeeky hammers to the noggin, instinctively feels the attack coming. As Seanna comes in for the punch, he does an ass-first backwards jump over her head, making her punch completely miss. Angus tries to zap the clown, but Nosegay is too fast and slides between his legs, making has zap hit Seanna, giving her a somewhat painful though harmless shock. Nosegay then finishes his evasive routine by jumping upright, turning around and taking a bow, using his head to push Angus foreward [5] sending him and Seanna crashing down into the vegetable snippets pile once more.

Nosegay then takes a look around. It seems you're standing in a field of some kind. There are similar, though smaller, heaps of vegetable snippets all over the field, and a multitude of weapons seem to be scattered around. You can see a small village in the distance, smoke is coming from there as well.

In a forest
Natasha decides to take a tactic more innovative and pirate-y than simply doing a head on attack.

"Tis' made of earthly materials, grass and woods. Which means it is flammable. Let's burn it down."

Acquire materials for building a fire.
((Whelp, didn't see that one coming. I probably should have, though.))

Natascha, deciding that this place is way too whack to actually enter, instead feels like it's best to just make the inhabitants come out. [7] She gathers dried wood and leaves and piles them all around and on top of the dome building. With some flint and tinder that she borrows from the warrior, she begins sytematically starting fires all around the dome. It doesn't take long or the enitre thing is engulfed in flames, making a rather impressive campfire. The structure begins to make very worrying sounds and the dome seems to start to sag somewhat.

"Come on, we're almost there." You hear a voice from inside, coughing as the person speaks. Just as he finishes his sentence the dome collapses, the debris falling a good 5 meters down. As it crashes down, the flames become larger.

"Oh god, I'm stuck! Marcy! Marcy where are you?! Oh gods, oh gods, AAAAAAAH, AAAAAAAh, aah." Soon the voice is lost over the roar of the flame.

Two hours pass, and the flames seem to have died. You look down into the pit, it seems the middle of dome was a staircase, going down. There's a floor about 5 meters down from where you're standing, With another staircase leading down. You cannot see anything but burnt out rubble.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : I don't think we're in kansas anymore
« Reply #554 on: May 23, 2014, 06:18:52 pm »

Try and materialise a holographic armor suit for myself. Set his guitar on fire using the magitar, while playing Through the Fire and Flames.

"You might want to drop that guitar."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:29:35 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54