Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79120 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : I don't think we're in kansas anymore
« Reply #555 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »

I shoot lightning into the air and shout: "We come in the name of vegetables!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 23, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »

Natasha looks into the smoldering crater where the dome once stood. "...Anyone still be down there? Hello?"

Yell into the hole.

((In my own GM'ing experience, I've had to deal with setting certain locations and events up, only for my players to make drastically different decisions than what I had previously predicated. Such is the magic of RPGs. I commend you on allowing me the freedom to take an alternate route.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 23, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

Moskar Byal sat up where he awoke on the roadside, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it.
He grimaced in pain, noting the state of both his busted arm and the appendage that had replaced the severed one, but he didn't particularly wish to dwell on that for the time being. Better to focus on keeping himself alive, he decided.

With that in mind, the lizardman crawls over to the dead wizard with a hiss of pain, grabbing a fistful of the man's robe with his strange new arm.

Tear off a good-sized strip of the wizard's robe (I'm assuming he has a robe? He is a wizard, after all) and use it to bind my wounded arm. Tear off more of the robe for use as bandages as necessary, and then if I haven't lost consciousness rummage through the man's stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 23, 2014, 10:12:39 pm »

Seanna pushes Angus off of her and sets off to the village.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 24, 2014, 12:40:31 am »

"Would you look at all these treasures!" Nosegay says, inspecting the weapons.

Take a closer look at the weapons littering the ground. If any look suitably exotic, steal them. Then follow Seanna, making sure to keep my distance from the crazed angel.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 24, 2014, 02:42:48 pm »

At the battle of the bands
Try and materialise a holographic armor suit for myself. Set his guitar on fire using the magitar, while playing Through the Fire and Flames.

"You might want to drop that guitar."
As you both start playing you can hear the audience go wild. Lovebody seems to have a following, but you can clearyl hear a big group of them shouting your stagename [+1 for rolls]

You play a little riff, trying to make yourself some magical armour, while Lovebody plays a very energetic flamenco tune. [L:3]vs[you:3+1] You manage to make yourself a holographic pink helmet, but nothing more. Your lack of armour doesn't truly become a problem, becaus Lance completely fumbles his piece, failing to produce anything.

"Gah, how am I not able to summon the flames of passion at a time like this?!"

You immediatly attempt to riposte, playing like a madman. Lance sees what you're doing, and also begins to play. [you:6+1 audience+1 fitting song] vs [2] Lance completely fails to do anything against your killer guitar skills. The sounds of your flaming solo make Lance's guitar burst into flames. Lance, however, doesn't drop his guitar. Mostly because in his panic he can't seem to get the strap loose.

In a forest, next to a smoldering pit.
Natasha looks into the smoldering crater where the dome once stood. "...Anyone still be down there? Hello?"

Yell into the hole.

((In my own GM'ing experience, I've had to deal with setting certain locations and events up, only for my players to make drastically different decisions than what I had previously predicated. Such is the magic of RPGs. I commend you on allowing me the freedom to take an alternate route.))
((Hey, I'm all about freedom. And I can't really get mad about players picking a different path, because half of the time I don't set up a location until it's necessary. I mean, Harry&co's vegetable quest only came into existence after Harry had Nosegay examine the cult whose name I made up as a joke.))

You look into the smoldering pit and yell to see if anyone has survived. You don't hear anything except for the soft crackling of tiny fires. Looking down into the hole, you see that mostly everything was burned. The floor looks sturdy enough however, and what little that you can see from beyond the second staircase seems to indicate that the hall beyond that is in a better state than what you see now.

Moskar Byal sat up where he awoke on the roadside, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it.
He grimaced in pain, noting the state of both his busted arm and the appendage that had replaced the severed one, but he didn't particularly wish to dwell on that for the time being. Better to focus on keeping himself alive, he decided.

With that in mind, the lizardman crawls over to the dead wizard with a hiss of pain, grabbing a fistful of the man's robe with his strange new arm.

Tear off a good-sized strip of the wizard's robe (I'm assuming he has a robe? He is a wizard, after all) and use it to bind my wounded arm. Tear off more of the robe for use as bandages as necessary, and then if I haven't lost consciousness rummage through the man's stuff.
((Oh yeah, whenever I call someone a wizard you may absolutely assume they've got a robe. Even if I describe them as not having one, they'll just have one in their hammerspace. Can't have a wizard without a fancy robe, after all.))

You crawl over to the wizard, who by now is laying cold and lifeless on the road. You rip a bunch of strips from the lower part of his robe, since the upper part is far too bloody to be of any use. You get your wounds well dressed and have enough cloth left to put your ruined arm in a sling. You feel rather woozy, but binding your wounds has at least stopped most of the bleeding. You rummage through the wizard's belongings finding a number of interesting things. You find two runestones, inscribed with the ice rune. You find a pale blue gem that feels icy cold to the touch. You also find about 250 gold coins.

Not in Uskaria anymore
"Would you look at all these treasures!" Nosegay says, inspecting the weapons.

Take a closer look at the weapons littering the ground. If any look suitably exotic, steal them. Then follow Seanna, making sure to keep my distance from the crazed angel.
I shoot lightning into the air and shout: "We come in the name of vegetables!"
Seanna pushes Angus off of her and sets off to the village.
While angus shouts at the top of his lungs and shoots bolts of lightning into the sky like an overexcited tesla coil, Nosegay inspects the weapons on the ground. They're mostly just crude shortswords and spears, with a couple of flimsy bows strewn over the field, there doesn't seem to be anything special amongst them.

Both Nosegay and Seanna walk over to the village that's close by. It's clear that the village has seen better days. There are piles of vegetable snippets and crude weapons in the streets, like the field they just came from. The biggest building in the town, which you can assume is the town hall, has completely burned down. The door to the smithy has been broken off of its hinges and the windows to a shop which only has a sign with a drawing of a set of dice and fireworks on it have been smashed

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 24, 2014, 02:48:35 pm »

"The horrors of war, laid bare before our very eyes!"

Inspect the town for any signs of allegiance. Anything indicating whether the Fruit Federation or the Vegetable Kingdom used to dwell here?

What sort of fruits and vegetables litter the area, if the remains are indeed identifiable?

How long have they been around here, judging from the smell?

Any signs of life? Sounds, for instance? Lamentations of cabbages and such?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 24, 2014, 03:38:33 pm »

Use the magitar to split the strap.

No man must needlessly die today.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 24, 2014, 04:05:23 pm »

"Yo! Wait up!"
LOOT ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 27, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

In a small town
"The horrors of war, laid bare before our very eyes!"

Inspect the town for any signs of allegiance. Anything indicating whether the Fruit Federation or the Vegetable Kingdom used to dwell here?

What sort of fruits and vegetables litter the area, if the remains are indeed identifiable?

How long have they been around here, judging from the smell?

Any signs of life? Sounds, for instance? Lamentations of cabbages and such?

Inspecting the town, you deduce from the imagery on the shop signs and such that this was probably a Vegetable Kingdom town. The remains, too, are mostly vegetables. Most of the piles seem to be cabbage and potato, though some pumpkin and carrot can also be found. You find one or two piles which seem to be apple, but these are very rare compared to the ones made up out of vegetable. You bend down near one of the piles and take a sniff. It doesn't seem rotten, and in fact smells rather fresh. You believe the battle most have been fought in the last 48 hours or so.

You don't see any glaring signs of life, no voices can be heard, at least. The heaps of vegetables are most certainly dead, the burned buildings and smashed windows a still and silent reminder of the sacking of this town. The door to the general store swings slightly, it's hinges creaking in the distance.

"Yo! Wait up!"
LOOT ALL THE THINGS!!!!
Thinking that Nosegay is a fool to leave these wonderufll items on the ground, you rapidly start picking them up. You gain about 2 rusted shortsword and 3 short spears. You grab your loot and go to the town, dragging Seanna with you. You meet up with Nosegay not much later, who seems to be inspecting the town itself.

At the battle of the bands
Use the magitar to split the strap.

No man must needlessly die today.
You [2+1] try and cut the strap using your magitar, but only manage to produce a very high pitched screeching sound that makes your ears hurt. Lance, meanwhile, is flailing wildly trying to get the guitar off of him. He manages it after a while, his hands and face burned pretty badly, clothes scorched. His guitar falls to the ground, and as the wood burns up a small wisp of light floats up from the fire and flies into your magitar.

"And the winner of this rock-off is the LORD OF METAL! WHAT WILL HE DO TO LANCE?"

Magitar has consumed the magic of the spanish guitar of fiery love. +1 to magitar rolls to do with fire

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 27, 2014, 02:26:22 pm »

"Get out of here, Lance, and never let me see you again."

Let Lance leave the cage in shame. Go found out what I won.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:39:13 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 27, 2014, 02:34:55 pm »

((I meant loot the town.))
LOOT LOOT LOTT L00T L007 /007

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 27, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

"I am beginning to realize why that angel fellow isn't very good at his work," Nosegay observes as he watches Angus engage in the basest, most pointless of greedy indulgences.

Investigate the general store. Maybe I can find some clues there?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:11 pm »

Head to a high location to look around further.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 31, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »

Carefully descend into pit.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54