Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79197 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Birds, cabbages, and the battle of the bards
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2014, 08:54:40 am »

I am not shaving my ears and tail!

"Have you thought about putting a scorpion-like stinger on your tail? Or perhaps a fishing hook? I would be highly useful, I assure you! Maybe you could pin back your ears as well. You do have sharp teeth, right?"

((Sorry, but I envisioned Seanna and other kitsune more like this.))

((Well, it's not like kitsune are actually anthropomorphic foxes in folklore, either - they apparently have two shapes - regular woman and regular fox - that they shift between. The anthropomorphic fox thing is, as far as I know, popcultural in origin.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2014, 09:00:32 am »

I... I... Whuh?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 09, 2014, 09:06:45 am »

I... I... Whuh?

"Body modification! Set right what once went wrong in nature! Get the more useful parts of an animal rather than just a silly tail and a pair of ears! Maybe some steel claws or some such. Or maybe a fox's snout, for additional smelling power! The possibilities are endless! They don't even have to be fox bits! You could get, say, mole claws, or bear claws, or rabbit ears, or cat eyes, or bat wings! Ostrich legs! Maybe all of them at once! Think about it!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 09, 2014, 10:04:07 am »

I really, REALLY don't want to think about it, alright? Can we get back to what we are actually doing?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2014, 10:15:16 am »

I really, REALLY don't want to think about it, alright? Can we get back to what we are actually doing?

"We're not doing anything. We're actually only talking."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 09, 2014, 10:19:47 am »

Dammit!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »

Tongue creeping steadily towards the shaft of the spear, Tomo herself suddenly goes rigid when the armored man speaks up, head slowly turning towards them with the best expression of mortified shock and embarrassment one could manage without the ability to actually blush.

"T-Tomo is not the sort of pervert who would just sneak in and start polishing 艶やかさん's* spear without his permission! T-t-t-t-t-Tomo was... Eeeeeh?!" Spinning to face them, the flustered zombie quickly shifts gears from ineptly hiding the spear behind her back to wildly flapping her arms, spear still in hand-- perhaps in an effort to jog her memory, or to distract the three-- before letting it unceremoniously clatter to the floor as she smacks the sides of her head and what little color remaining drains from her face. "Tomo has completely forgotten!"

Wild-eyed and biting her lip, Tomo begins frantically searching her cloak for anything that would clue her in as to why she was actually here: after several long moments, she finally pulls the folded and singed paper containing the thug's orders from her cleavage with a triumphant shout.

"Letters! Tomo still doesn't remember, but it definitely had something to do with letters!" she announces, thrusting it towards the leader of the trio with obvious relief written across her face.

Present the Commander with the evidence!

*Roughly; "Mr. Shiny/Mr. Glossy" Yes, I'm aware I'm butchering the Japanese language, but Tomo is a birdbrain, so I have an excuse.  ;P
Disclaimer: This post was made while sick, so quality or ability to actually make sense may be lacking = 3=

Spoiler: OOC: Mythology Warning (click to show/hide)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Thunderstruck and the adventure of a lifetime
« Reply #517 on: May 12, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »

In the forest
Run after the cabbages into the forest.
You chase the cabbages into the forest. The warrior and the archer are following right behind you, the lot of you making a mad dash through the forest. The cabbages are fast however, you have to wonder how they can even move that fast without legs. You rush through the thick vegetation, branches slapping you as you pass. Eventually, you come to a clearing with a rather large building. It seems to be some kind of dome made out of dirt and grass. You can see the pet door still flapping, the cabbages must have entered through there.

As you are moving towards the door, you can hear the archers scream in a high pitched voice. When you turn around, you see that the archer is dagling in the air, held by his ankle by a rather thick vine. The vine is connected to a massive pumpkin, easily one head taller than the warrior. The warrior is hacking away at the vines trying to grab him.

At the battle of the bards
Play Strike the Earth! Thunderstruck!Summon the holographic band.

((If I don't win with this, considering I have the most advanced instrument on the planet in my hands, something is very wrong.))
((You'd be surprised.))

Eagerly awaiting your turn, you repeat the lyrics of the song of your choice in your head. When one of the stagehands calls out your name, you head towards the stage and stand at the side.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen. Our third contestant for round one. Please give your warm applause for...THE LORD OF METAL"

As you walk on stage the crowd kind of claps, but you see that they aren't really expecting a lot of you. You grip your guitar, ready to show them wrong.
[8] Your fingers begin dancing on the strings, as if you've done this a thousand times before. Immediatly the form of the drummer takes form behind you. The bassist follows soon after, and it isn't long after that that the second guitarist also materializes. The crowd, after their initial confusion, seem to start getting into this.

The fact that you can see many heads bobbing up and down with the rythm and a lot of hands in the air fills you with confidence, which results in spotlights shining from above the stage. Your voice and music carries over the entire crowd. When it's time for your guitar solo (3:10) you absolutely nail it, making the crowd cheer as one. By the time the song has finished, you see that the crowd is definately on your side.

"Well done, well done. Now then our next contestant is group. Please welcome the....BARD RANGERS"

As you walk off stage, a bunch of people dressed in colourful tights and carrying instruments walk past you onto the stage
"Bard yellow!"
"Bard blue!"
"Bard green!"
"Bard red!"
"Bard pink!"
Then they yell in unison.  "Bard rangers, ENSEMBLE!"

Back behind the stage, a stagehand comes up to you. "The next round will have as theme 'Death'. They'll also announce the results of the first two rounds once rounds two is over. Good luck."

At some ruins
"Well, she has no real obligation to pay us even if we do help her, honestly. After all, she is a member of the nobility, and we are but a pair of clowns. And regaling people with stories about tax evasion is something I can't defend in any way. So I'm wondering if we really should try to lift it."

He turns to the trickster god once again.

"The main thing we could do is to try and lift the curse, obviously. But how would that help anyone? People like lovely Lady Loradove would continue on being incredibly boring and terrible, since responsibility for their actions would be lifted from their shoulders. And if there's anything a dwarf clown can't abide, it's shirking one's responsibilities. Perhaps you, good sir, have a better idea for a task? I find myself very open to ideas right now."

Ask this of the marvelous deity!
When Nosegay asks the deity for another task, he seems to zone out for a bit, completely ingoring the duo's talk about Seanna's appearance.

After a minute or two, he claps his hands and smiles at the two.

"Oh yes, I know exactly what I'll have you do. Just forget the boring tart for now, you're going to be working for me. And I'm sending you on an adventure of a lifetime."

He crosses his arms and smiles a smile that fills you with both excitement and dread.

"I'm going to have you end the reign of the loathsome tomato once and for all. So, Kahn will take you where you need to go. You will infiltrate the world of the vegetables and dispose of that damned tomato. Don't care how you do it, just get it done. I'll be sure to reward you."

In the tactical room of the citadel
Tongue creeping steadily towards the shaft of the spear, Tomo herself suddenly goes rigid when the armored man speaks up, head slowly turning towards them with the best expression of mortified shock and embarrassment one could manage without the ability to actually blush.

"T-Tomo is not the sort of pervert who would just sneak in and start polishing 艶やかさん's* spear without his permission! T-t-t-t-t-Tomo was... Eeeeeh?!" Spinning to face them, the flustered zombie quickly shifts gears from ineptly hiding the spear behind her back to wildly flapping her arms, spear still in hand-- perhaps in an effort to jog her memory, or to distract the three-- before letting it unceremoniously clatter to the floor as she smacks the sides of her head and what little color remaining drains from her face. "Tomo has completely forgotten!"

Wild-eyed and biting her lip, Tomo begins frantically searching her cloak for anything that would clue her in as to why she was actually here: after several long moments, she finally pulls the folded and singed paper containing the thug's orders from her cleavage with a triumphant shout.

"Letters! Tomo still doesn't remember, but it definitely had something to do with letters!" she announces, thrusting it towards the leader of the trio with obvious relief written across her face.

Present the Commander with the evidence!

*Roughly; "Mr. Shiny/Mr. Glossy" Yes, I'm aware I'm butchering the Japanese language, but Tomo is a birdbrain, so I have an excuse.  ;P
Disclaimer: This post was made while sick, so quality or ability to actually make sense may be lacking = 3=

Spoiler: OOC: Mythology Warning (click to show/hide)
The commander tentatively takes the letter Tomo produced from her cloak and begins to read it, while the other two people in the room just sort of stare at her in disbelief. The commander mumbles as he reads, his frown deepening as he further inspects the letter.

"God damn it, assassins targeting our messengers. Like this shithole hasn't presented us with enough trouble as it is. At least this missive arrived here."
He sighs, then turns to you.
"It would seem I owe you my thanks for saving our messenger and this missive. You've certainly earned a reward, within reason of course. And after that, well , perhaps you would be willing to lend your talents to us once more? You'll be paid handsomely if you come to work for us, of course."
He says, his eyes a deep and brilliant amber colour.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 12, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »

Slice the pumpkin vine away to free the archer. Regardless if that works or not, hack at the pumpkin a few times as well before getting to safety.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2014, 05:25:56 pm »

((fug yes! I have to say this is pretty great  :D))

The Show Must Go On.(Don't Fear) The Reaper. Summon the holo-band again.

((-e: gotta hate finding a better song soon after...))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:41:19 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:12 pm »

"Well, that sounds fun. Let's go! Lead on, Mr. Kahn!"

Follow Tooh of Kahn.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:17 am »

"Well, that sounds fun. Let's go! Lead on, Mr. Kahn!"

Follow Tooh of Kahn.
Seanna follows, silently weeping for the loss of whatever dignity she ever had.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2014, 03:18:40 pm »

((Today we welcome darkpaladin and thefroggyninja.))

In the forest just outside of a small farming village

Natascha [4+1] slices furiously at the vines, but doesn't manage to cut the one holding the archer before he's been smacked against the ground a few times. Upon cutting the vine, the archer falls unceremoniously to the ground in a heap. The pumpkin now seems rather angered and lashes out towards the other two members of the party. [warrior: 3] vs [3] The vines shoot out towards the axe wielding barbarian, who is too slow to get out of their way. The vines, however, seems to have overextended themselves and harmlessly bounce off of the warrior's chest.

Other vines shoot towards natascha. [vine roll: 3] vs [10+1: hoo boy]  The vines shoot out at natascha, but she with a flick of her wrist they are swatted aside by her cutlass. When some more vines shoot at her from the side, she sidesteps and grabs a bundle of them in her hand. With the bundle of vines in her hand, she runs alongside the pumpkin, slicing a deep gash in the side. Then, using the vines as a rope, she climbs on top of the pumpkin and starts mercilessly slashing the thing from above. After a few moments the pumkin lets out a pained screetch and the top breaks, making natascha fall inside of the pumpkin. Moments later, the tip of a sword portrudes from the front of the pumkin, and natascha comes jumping out, completely wrecking the front. The pumkin breaks and sags to the ground, defeated.

In a certain Inn

Angus sits in the Inn, lamenting the fact that he had to sell the golden feathers on his wings to pay for his room. He closes his eyes, thinking about what he should do next. His train of thought is interrupted when his chair seems to simply vanish, sending him tumbling to the ground. He opens his eyes, and finds him in front of a gaint marble building. A man in a suit comes up to him.

"The council wishes to speak you, wear this." And hands him a pair of very dark sunglasses. Slightly scared of what is to come, he puts on the glasses and enters the building. Inside he finds three people seated at a table. On one side is a man in disco outfit, with a large clock hung by a chain around his neck. On the other is a skeleton in a very nice black suit with a hat. In the middle is a man, much larger than the other two, who emits a blinding light. The man with the clock speaks up first.

"Angus, baby, we're rather dissapointed in you. First thing you do after we release you from prison is crash into a village, killing lots of people!"
EIGHTY THREE TO BE EXACT
"right, and now you're just sitting in an inn doing nothing. Not groovy, baby."
"It is therefore that we have decided that we will send you on a quest for atonement. Henceforth, you will be send to Uskaria. "
THE BALANCE THERE IS UPSET. MAKE IT RIGHT AGAIN
"Indeed. Restore the balance of Uskaria, and we will allow you back into our ranks."

He begins opening his mouth to ask for further details, but once again finds himself falling down from the skies, with some kind of shield around him this time. Reaching absurd speeds, he sees the jagged peaks pass below him, over the citadel and belgrad. He seems to be falling towards a road, and can spot two figures up around the bend....

At some ruins

The bird doesn't fly from Nosegay's head, but taps his forehead twice with his rather large beak and then points said beak down the road. Nosegay, followed by the silently weeping Seanna, starts going down said road. After a good hour of walking, Tooh Kahn taps Nosegays forehead three times and points to a place around the bent in the road. Nosegays happy stride is broken when something falls from the sky and smacks into the side of the road, sending a huge cloud of dirt up in the air. It seems to be a man in a toga with plucked wings sprouting from his back.

In belgrad
Hole diggah sits in the park of Belgrad, enjoying the sun. His people shunned him for enjoying the sun, instead of living like a normal, upstanding moleperson and staying in the dark below. But this isn't so bad, he thinks, sitting in the sunlight is a thousand times nice than having dirt cakes with the family anyway.

At the battle of the bands

You stand at the side of the stage, awaiting your turn. On stage is a guy with a set of drums. He's pounding away on them and singing some sad wailing song while small thunderclouds flutter around him.

Once the stagehand announces your turn, you grab your guitar and walk onto the stage. The crowd cheers your stagename, clearly remembering your last performance, filling you with confidence. You start playing [6+1=7] the band immediatly forming up again behind you. It's not quite as good as last time, but the crowd is clearly enjoying your more upbeat song. The cowbell doesn't hurt either.

Once you're finished, the band dissapears again and crowd gives you a warm applause.

The stageleader walks up on stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now is the time for the current rankings! Going for third place with 28 points, we have the BARD RANGERS! In second place, with 31 points, we have LANCE LOVEBODY. And leading in first place with 32 points, LORD. OF METAAAAAAAAAAL.

Now then, the next theme will be. GLORY. BLOODSHED. BATTLE. THE NEXT THEME IS WAAAAAAR! Musicians, prepare yourselves!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : of fallen angels and sunbathing molepeople
« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

On one side is a man in disco outfit, with a large clock hung by a chain around his neck.

Flavor Flav?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : of fallen angels and sunbathing molepeople
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2014, 03:39:51 pm »

"Damnit! Again? That smarts like the dickens. Who are you and how can you help me 'restore the balance of Uskaria'?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:28:47 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54