Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79218 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : curses and lemonade
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2014, 12:16:17 pm »

Seanna grins back at Egen.
"Well I've got nothing to do. Wanna go find the others or something?"

Egen smiles back, "Sure. Why not? A little more money would be nice."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2014, 01:35:26 am »

"Off we go then!"
Go locate the rest of our group.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:31 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »

Spoiler: OOC rambling (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:54:24 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »

((-doublepost-))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:48:03 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2014, 10:16:14 am »

Get up and take a walk though the city; anywhere but here is good. Keep an eye out for shiny things on the ground!
After Moskar briefly popped out to give you your bag of coins, you decide to take a nighttime walk trough the streets. The city is much quieter at night, most of the shops are deserted, though you can still hear quite some commotion from the market. [shiny roll=2] Walking along the streets, you suddenly spot something shining in an alley. Unable to contain yourself, you hurredly enter the alley to grab whatever it might be. It seems to be a pendant of some sort, it looks quite valuable too. It is also attached to the neck of a man that is cowering int he corner, clutching something tightly, while three other men seem to be kicking him.
"Come on now, jackass, just give us the missive. We aren't paid to kill you, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it."

It doesn't seem like they've seen you yet.

Forge a mithril katana.
[10+1 (lucky you)] You put the mithril bar into the fire and start heating it up. The flames dance before your eyes and the metal becomes nearly white hot. AS you put it onto the anvil it feels like the metal is singing to you, telling you what it would like to become in sweet whispers. You go into some kind of trance, hammering the metal wildly, sparks flying up after every hit. After what seems like an eternity, you snap out of it. You sharpen the blade carefully and put the leather ont he sheath and the grip.
Made: Mithril katana: beautifully made katana. Very sharp, very tough yet suprisingly low-weight. +1 to all attacks. no enchantments.

Seek out priests and question them about this curse business.
You go to the church and speak to the priest at the desk about the curse. He nods, and procures a paper from one of the deskdrawers. "Ah, found it. The woman is one Catherina Dumois. A minor nobility hailing from the central empire. It seems that she has been cursed by some minor deity. It seems like she has to do someting funny or embarrassing at least once every three days, or else bad things happen to her. These bad things have been getting more and more dangerous each time they happen. The last seems to have been..." You see him reading the same line multiple times, he then hesitantly speaks up "The last one was a  hitting her in the head while she taking a stroll trough the park. Her adress is on here as well, I'll give you a copy." He hands you a copy of the report.

>Criticize the priests for sitting around doing paperwork when they could be off spreading their god's word!
>Then ask whether the priest knows of Sir Artor The Tenacious, and if he was a follower of Solaris. Ask for more information about the man if possible

"I understand your aversion to our bureaucracy, but without it the workings of our church would fall into chaos. As for that name...hmmm...I believe that might have been a Imperial Dragoon commander during the second expansion, in 208 if memory serves. I can't really tell you much more, you could always try the library or other history books if you'd like to know more about him."

See if the windows are open or if I can unlock them without causing too much noise. If positive, climb in.
You check the windows. It seems that one of them just doesn't open at all, but the second one is only locked by a simple clasp on the inside. You take out a very fine piece of metal from you lockpicking set and slide it between the frame. [8] You manage to unlock the windows without so much as making a sound. You open it up and carefully climb trough. It seems you're in some kind of living room. The furniture seems to be cozy, if not somewhat old. A battered old book sits on the table, accompanied by a simple mug. A couple of wooden horses and soldiers, as well as a simple doll sit on the carpet by the hearth. You can't see much more on first glance, on account of it being rather dark.

"Off we go then!"
Go locate the rest of our group.
Seanna and Egen decide that it is probably time to find their former companions. They leave the Inn as the cloaked man is still playing and head back to Belgrad. On a hunch, they go back to the church where they first split up, and find Moskar conversing with one of the priests. They also see Nosegay being given something by the priest at the desk.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2014, 10:26:45 am »

"Nosegay! Um... Lizard guy! Any good jobs?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2014, 10:39:34 am »

"Nosegay! Um... Lizard guy! Any good jobs?"

"Yes, actually! A very fun-sounding job for some minor nobility - certainly an improvement over killing people in crypts, I would say! I'd be honored if you helped me with that, actually. That goes for you as well... Egen, I believe? And that wonderfully efficient lizard fellow as well!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:11 am »

"Oh? What's the job?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2014, 10:48:44 am »

"Yes, actually! A very fun-sounding job for some minor nobility - certainly an improvement over killing people in crypts, I would say! I'd be honored if you helped me with that, actually. That goes for you as well... Egen, I believe? And that wonderfully efficient lizard fellow as well!"

"Ah, I see... I'll be happy to help. Who is giving us this job?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2014, 11:17:13 am »

"Oh? What's the job?"

"Freeing a minor noblewoman from an equally minor deity's curse! Probably shouldn't be too difficult, and presumably it would be highly lucrative and good for our collective prestige if we did something like that."

"Ah, I see... I'll be happy to help. Who is giving us this job?"

"Why, the noblewoman, I would guess, through the intermediary of the fine church you're standing in right now."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2014, 11:18:44 am »

"Why, the noblewoman, I would guess, through the intermediary of the fine church you're standing in right now."

"Ah. When do we leave?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2014, 11:21:21 am »

"Ah. When do we leave?"

"We're adventurers, silly! The only schedules we obey are our own! Regardless, it would be good to move out as soon as possible, or at least within the next three days at the latest."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:44 am »

"Sounds good!"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:31 pm »

Tomo's brain immediately kicked into overdrive when she stumbled upon the scene, sandals padding softly on the cobbles as she came to a halt. She didn't really sneak intentionally, but not actually having to breathe had its perks!

These people, though... it was obviously a sensitive situation! Tomo wasn't entirely sure what a 'missive' was, but it sounded a lot like 'mission' or 'message', so it must be important! Both sides looked like hired help, too, so there was no telling who were the good guys or badguys here... until the one threatened to kill the cowering person if he didn't hand over the missile. Good guys didn't threaten to kill defenseless people like that, so they must be badguys! They might kill coweringperson before or if she intervened though, which would be no good... 'What would Master do...?' She thought as she fished through the pockets of her cloak.

An answer immediately sprung to mind: Deploy flanking skeletons to cover all possible entrances and exits of the alleyway, have archers take aim at the thugs, and summon a blinding flash of light between the two parties for shock and awe value before demanding information and/or capitulation; if they submit, interrogate them; if they resist, send in a wave of zombies to subdue them; if that doesn't work, shoot them full of holes, then interrogate one of the dead and raise the other corpses to reinforce any losses.

Master was so efficient! ...But Tomo did not have any minions, so this information didn't help her very much, though the magic in her head helpfully reminded her that she could now do that second-to-last part. ...What would Master do if Master didn't have a full compliment of minions?

"Raise more minions." Hmm.

Clearly, Tomo would have to improvise. She casts her cloak off dramatically-- underneath, she was somewhat unusually busty for her race and stature, wearing a mid-thigh-length snow-white kimono, a pair of flat straw sandals, and... not much else-- before drawing herself up to all five full feet of her height and addressing the group, feet planted firmly, one hand on her hip and the other brandishing the lightning stone at them. She had no idea how to use it, but she wasn't afraid to do so!

"Hi ho, Enemies of Justice! You is going to tell Tomo what is going on here, or Tomo is going to eat you limbs!" she declares, giving them a shark-toothed grin. Hopefully, the lighting would cast her skin as 'extremely' rather than 'unnaturally' pale, but the thought didn't even cross her mind.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:07:49 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54