Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79198 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : New blood
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

"Just thinking about my teacher. Hope he's alright without me..."

((Avis! Come quick and try to rob Seanna; I can guarantee hilarious misunderstandings, possible loss of fingers and if you're good with a sob story then maybe some protection from those guys!))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »

"Thank you, metal-master. You will get your weapon, though it would be easier if I can use your forge."
Go out and find somewhere to buy some metal bars, preferably some steel and iron, plus a little bit of leather.

((Unless you've got a better idea, I'm going to make a katana. Or maybe a warhammer.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:27:37 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2014, 02:33:34 pm »

"Oh. Okay then..." Egen stiffens up a bit, and then looks around worriedly.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2014, 03:08:34 pm »

"Thank you, metal-master. You will get your weapon, though it would be easier if I can use your forge."
Go out and find somewhere to buy some metal bars, preferably some steel and iron, plus a little bit of leather.

((Unless you've got a better idea, I'm going to make a katana. Or maybe a warhammer.))
((Whoops, guess I was a bit vague there.))

"Of course you can use the workshop."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:47 pm »

((Avis! Come quick and try to rob Seanna; I can guarantee hilarious misunderstandings, possible loss of fingers and if you're good with a sob story then maybe some protection from those guys!))
((Zenn's a cat burglar and pickpocket, not a robber. 'Sides, that would be metagaming DESTINY!))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:31 am »

((Zenn's a cat burglar and pickpocket, not a robber. 'Sides, that would be metagaming DESTINY!))
((Then pickpocket her! It wouldn't really be metagaming; you'd be stealing from the highly naive girl who obviously just arrived in town. E.g. An easy mark!))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:31 am »

((My metagaming pickpocket senses are tingling... Easy mark detected! :P))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:47:04 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:11 am »

((Then pickpocket her! It wouldn't really be metagaming; you'd be stealing from the highly naive girl who obviously just arrived in town. E.g. An easy mark!))
((There are probably loads of naive girls in this town. Insisting on finding this particular one would be strange. If Pancaek decides I bump into you guys, then I do. If not, well then.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2014, 02:06:51 am »

((There are probably loads of naive girls in this town. Insisting on finding this particular one would be strange. If Pancaek decides I bump into you guys, then I do. If not, well then.
((Oh well. It's down to you Pancaek.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:25 am »

((Oh well. It's down to you Pancaek.))
Nope, down to RNG. A successful roll means pickpocket legs it a bit richer.

Truely, the RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Shoveling evil out of the way
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2014, 05:47:37 pm »

((FEEL GUILT FOR TORMENTING AN ADORABLE KITSUNE WHO HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO BARGAIN OR WHAT HAGGLING EVEN IS YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD.))

Perking up slightly at the katanas, she looks carefully at each and asks after their prices.
((Let's be fair, they're not actually dicks. This being a big hub for free trade between all travellers, haggling is just in their blood.))

You inspect the three swords. all but the 3rd one are, what us experts refer to as, sharp as fuck. The third and least impressive katana is, as mentioned, not all that sharp. [2] The senses you've honed with your years of training with a sword master tell yuo that these are, indeed, swords.

You signal the stallkeeper for the prices. "Well, normally I would charge very high prices for these sword. They are hard to get in this country, you know. Ah, but for a lovely lady like yourself, I will cut you a special deal. A well used and battle proven katana for only 250 coins. A very special katana, infused with magic crystals, for only 450 coins. And then, my most prized piece, the blade of the fighting tiger! It can be yours for only 800 coins! These are good prices, yes?"
The man rubs his hands and smiles, showing a row of crooked teeth.

To the white tower!
You make your way to the white tower. Arriving there, you notice that the tower is not, in fact, made out of white bricks. Instead, the brickwork is engraved with tiny magical runes that shine brightly. The effect is somewhat less impressive during the day, however. You enter the tower lobby, and tell the person at the reception desk that you are here for work.

"Work eh? Well, seeing as you aren't a circle magi, I'm afraid the option are somewhat limited. We've got a disturbance in a village to the east of here that needs to be inspected. We have one of our mages worken close to the village, so we'd like for him to be able to conduct his research properly, and all of the people in the town next to his lab disspearing doesn't exacly help that.

Then there's one of our...former members that has been doing experiments in a forest a few villages down the road. He was always sketchy, but now he has stopped answering our missives. I'd warn you though, this one has always been a bit unhinged, so going at it on your own might not be such a great idea.

Lastly, I suppose there is that busniess with the church down the street. They came asking for our advice a while back, something to do with a woman being cursed by some god or something along those lines. We had to refuse them, of course, we deal with the magic of men in this tower. We strive to use our magic to advance civilisation. Our members have no time to spare for gods and their ilk."

Assess self for traces of money. Then go scout around for a house which looks like I could burgle it after sundown.
You look yourself over to see if the thugs overlooked any money on your person. [6] Oh hey! looks like a coin slipped inside of your jacket pocket. Lucky~

You wander around and look for buildings that seem rather badly secured. [5+1] You just stroll around the streets most of the afternoon, taking in the sights. You encounter all the mundane and strange people that walk the streets of Belgrad. The honest merchants, hauling their wares from and to their shops. The strange stallkeepers of the market, sometimes shifty, always werid. A busker, sitting on the side of the street wearing a heavy cloak and scarf that hide his face completely, playing a pleasant tune. You see people of all species walking around here. Humans are in the majority, but you've seen a couple of darves, some half-giants, a fox person and lizard people around.

After what seems like forever, you conclude that for now, you've got only a few decent places you might be able to "borrow" goods from. There's a smallish house near the edge of town on the southern side. The front door is a no-no, but the back door seems easy enough and you bet you could get to the first floor windows by climbing the wall next to the house.
Then there's a much larger house near the northern side of town. Its front garden is surrounded by a large brick wall and a heavy iron gate. You couldn't get a very good look inside, but you suspect this might be the house of some kind of nobility or wealthy merchant. Lastly, there's a warehouse near the southern part of town. There are loads of windows and side doors, which should make entering easy enough. The only probelm is that there seem to be a couple of guards stationed there at night, though you aren't sure exactly how many, your bet is on 4-6.

You leave the shop, and go to the market. You avoid the shifty looking merchants and go to the raw material vendors the blacksmith always went to. They recognize you and you make some small talk about how your work is going. They offer you iron bars for 8 coins a piece, high quality steel bars for 15 coins a piece and leather for 10 coins a hide. [8] One of the older vendors signals you, and offers to sell you a largish bar of mithril for 45 coins.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2014, 09:14:17 pm »

Buy the mithril bar and some leather. Return to the forge and get the forging equipment set up.

((Is mithril superlight steel in this?))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:18:13 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2014, 09:37:40 pm »

Seanna sighs.
"Sorry, I can't afford any of them. That man" *points at blacksmith who bought daggers* "cheated me. Sorry for wasting your time."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »

Seanna sighs.
"Sorry, I can't afford any of them. That man" *points at blacksmith who bought daggers* "cheated me. Sorry for wasting your time."

Egen pats Seanna's shoulder, "It's okay. We can always come back later, when we have more money."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:03 pm »

Seanna sighs.

Egen pats Seanna's shoulder, "It's okay. We can always come back later, when we have more money."
Seanna smiles up at Egen for a second.
"I know. Just sucks that I can't buy any of these now."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54