Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79042 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Riddles and Crypts, oh my
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:27 am »

((Right, so, I didn't quite anticipate everyone attacking the guy. at the same time. So, I'll do the actions in order of proximity to the Necromancer, and if he's dead, I'll just redirect them to a random zambie. I hope everyone is okay with that))

---Kenneth the necromancer and the putrid 7: good rolls all around edition---

Dart in fast and plant my sword in his chest.
Seanna, being the closest to the laughing necromancer, takes the oppertunity. She draws her blade and darts towards the necromancer. [3+2] She takes quick, nimble steps towards the man, closing the gap fast. At the last moment however, she nicks one of the zombies with her arm, throwing her slightly off course. Her blade ends up missing its mark, instead tearing a deep gash into the necromancers arm. He strikes out in a panic, but Seanna is long out of his reach before he can take a swing. He grabs his arm, clearly in pain. "AGH, shit, attack! attack you mindless sacks of rot!" The zombies shamble into action, ready to attack our group. The one closest to the necromancer goes for Seanna, [8+1] but she gracefully steps to the side and kicks at its leg, making it fall face first onto the ground. Being that he's immobilized, Seanna quickly and deftly cuts off its head.

>Grab up the blade-end of the shovel I sliced through and throw it at the necromancer before he can command his zombies.

>Whatever the result of that, cut down as many enemy zombies as I can before they react.

((I always feel the need to specify 'unfriendly' or 'enemy' zombies in my attacks. :P This gets confusing after a while!))
One of the zombies, now commanded by its master, lunges towards moskar, baring its teeth. [9] Moskar sees the attack coming from a mile away and simply steps out of the way. [2+1] He goes for a follow-up strike, swinging the cleaver in a wide arc towards the zombies head. The zombie, showing either uncanny luck or a nimbleness unheard of for his kind, stoops at just the right moment to evade the cleaver.

"Damn zombies, I guess I need to help you with everything." The necromancer lets go of his wounded arm and hold his hand up in the air. Black symbols start to form around his hand and he seems to mumbling something. Moskar, deciding that he will have none of this necromancer crap, attempts to throw the shovelhead at him.

[10] This shovel was made exactly 20 years ago. It's edge is nicked to all hell and the left side is slighty dented. It was made by a blacksmith in a small village and bought by a farmer. This man was a hard worker and a loving father of three, and together the farmer and the shovel worked the land for over 15 years. 5 years ago, the shovel was stolen by a young wannabe necromancer, and was hanceforth used to dig up cropses. The shovel did not like this, but had no means to stop what he was being used for. But today this changes, today was the day he would revenge. Soaring through the air, for a brief moment the light cast from the torches reflects off of its scarred edge, heading straight toward the vile necromancer. With a wet thump, it embeds  itself in the necromancers throat. The man falls to his knees, grabbing at his throat, unable to speak or breathe.

Moskar, still grinning at the succes of his throw, [1] attempts to put an end to the zombie that was attacking him, but manages only to hit empty air. Truly, this zombie must have taking boxing lessons in his former life.

With a leap and a graceful mid-air pirouette, jump into the room and punch the necromancer in the face with one of my gauntlets. Cancel his silly ass.
Nosegay, seeing the zombies attack his teammates, rushes towards the chamber. [8+1] He leaps into the chamber, putting his foot on one of heads of the zombies and makes a gracefull mid-air pirouette. He lands on the tip of his right foot, letting the momentum spin him around once more on the ground before taking a fighting pose, ready to punch the magic out of the necromancer. Upon closer inspection, however, it seems that the man is not in fact casting magic anymore, but rather bleeding to death on the ground. Deciding that he would rather not punch an already dying enemy, Nosegay turns toward the two zombies that were creeping up on him.

[9] the zombies lunge towards nosegay, intent on dragging him to the ground and feeding on his flesh. Nosegay does a split, evading their claws and then does a forward roll through one of the zombies legs. Coming up behind them now, he [8] remembers what Quinn Sturk, the strongman of the circus he did his internship at, once said. "Listen boy, magic ain't nothing compared to muscles. When they get all uppity with their fancy tricks, POW! just punch em in the jaw."[/glow] Nosegay swings his hand around a few times in a circle. When the zombie turn around, Nosegay is more than ready for him. "I cast fist!" and uppercuts the zombie so hard its head snaps back violently enough to break its neck. The first zombie tumbles to ground as the second one now focusses on Nosegay. He [7] makes a graceful piroutte towards the zombie, extending his arm and hitting the zombie in the side of the head. The zombie falls to ground with a loud thump and doesn't get up.

Egen rushes forward into the chamber and blasts the necromancer with a miniature meteor strike.
Egen, seeing that the necromancer is clearly out of the fight, targets a pair of zombies instead. She throws up both hands and focuses on her spell. Glowing red symbols behind shining in the air in a circle, she feels her magic reaching out towards the sky. [8+1] She feels the magic going tense now, like a fishing line once a fish is hooked. She feels the power coming towards her. Suddenly, there is a large bang from above the group. The entire chamber shakes and bits of dirt and stone fall from the walls and ceiling. One piece of ceiling hits a zombie on the head, caving its skull.

Charge Necromancer and cut him, as that seems like the popular thing to do nowadays.
Leaving the mage to his silly riddles, you run like a madman into the larger crypt. You sprint down the tunnel and leap into the room. By now, only three zombies are remaining. You draw your cutlass with a flourish and face the first pair. [3][4] You lunge forward and make two swift cuts. Unfortunately, they both miss horribly. The zombies swipe at you with their claws and [6+1][2+1] you easily deflect the first attack by slapping away its arm with your sword, spinning around and cutting the zombie across the face. The second claw manages to swipe you across your right arm, leaving four gashes. You take a step back to get out of its reach and get a better look at the situation.

Tomo shakes her head as she watches everyone rush the necromancer from the shadows. Definitely not Master. There were criteria, after all, and he didn't meet any of them... and Master never indulged in maniacal laughing with visitors around! She turns, and continues stalking the cave, now that it's unguarded; she still had a job to do, after all.

Watch everyone get obliterated by friendly fire Sneak onward and explore the dig site
Deciding that all this fighting business isn't for you, you instead sneak around the zombies and go further into the chamber. It seems like this was a family burial chamber. Torches have been placed all around the room, the weak light they cast allows you to see that the graves have been opened up and are now empty, they probably contained the zombies your comrades are hacking up right now. You see that a statue has been torn down from the wall and a new tunnel is being dug. That's probably what those sounds you heard were. You walk along the bare crypt, enjoying the coolness of the place. You come across a table with a bunch of stuff on it. It seems that this is where they put the things they found buried with the corpses. There's a small pile of rings and necklaces, a small round shield and a short spear. Leaning against the table there's also a long handled sledgehammer. Seems they used it to bust open the caskets.

((For the record, two zambies remain. One that is attacking Natasha and one that's dodging all of Moskars blows.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:01 am »

Finish off the necromancer.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

"Fantastic sneak attacks, everyone! Too bad Mr. Kenneth here has been so critically injured, though. Throat damage is never funny."

Perform a cartwheel that turns into an unexpected dropkick on the nearest zombie!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:45 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

Tomo stretches and lets out a contended sigh as she savors the cool, damp atmosphere and sounds of combat, content that there were no more hostiles left unaccounted for... even if it was disappointing that she wasn't finding Master of any clues to Master's whereabouts.

Just two things left to investigate; the sparkly-shinies and the fresh tunnel. Since the tunnel must've been where they were digging, there wouldn't be anything there that wouldn't still be there after- time for sparkly-shinies

Investigate the treasure. Is any of it familiar? Can I detect magic from any of it, and if so, of what nature? Pocket anything that meets these criteria.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2014, 04:05:21 am »

Moskar's glow of satisfaction over that perfect throw is dampened by his growing frustration at his inability to kill this zombie.
He bares his teeth in an irritated growl, casts aside his clumsy, unwieldy cleaver to clatter across the floor and lurches forwards to grab the thing by the head in his large, scaly hands. He doesn't speak, simply remaining focused on the task at hand.

>Drop my cleaver and tear this evasive zombie's head off with my bare hands.

((Whooo, that shovel is the most badass of all of us! :D That was awesome. Also, sorry for not posting sooner, the RTD board has been a bit hectic lately.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2014, 04:34:54 am »

((Maybe the shovel is some kind of artifact?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2014, 06:02:55 am »

((Someone should grab it and bring it with us.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2014, 09:31:06 am »

Egen lets someone else finish of the zombies. She also walks over to the Necromancer, just in case he tries anything.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2014, 12:41:16 pm »

((This one took a while, sorry about that))

Finish off the necromancer.
With the remaining two zombies being taken care of by your teammates, you decide that it falls to you to finish the necromancer. You walk up to him and look down, gripping your blade. He's laying one the floor, bloody hands lying limp beside him. The only sound he makes is a wet wheezing coming from his ruined throat. You can see his lips moving, trying to say something, but no sound comes out. His eyes are unfocused, staring into nothing, tears running down his cheeks. You decide to end this and jam your sword straight into his heart. His lips stop moving and his eyes glaze over, the wheezing sound stops.

Perform a cartwheel that turns into an unexpected dropkick on the nearest zombie!
You turn look straight into one of the zombies eyes. You can see the fear, that hazy and white terror, though it could just be glaucoma. You make a 90° turn and put your hands in the air. [3+1] You make a perfect cartwheel, with all the grace and control your years of training have taught you. Halfway trough the cartwheel, you slam straight into the zombie. you both fall to ground and it grabs your torso with one hand and your leg with another. [5] It manages to bite a good chunk of flesh from your thigh before you manage to kick yourself loose with your other leg. Your repeated kicking seems to have severed his head from his body, killing him. You are left with the knowledge that you personally took three of these creatures from the world, Mano-a-mano, and with a gaping wound on your leg.

Investigate the treasure. Is any of it familiar? Can I detect magic from any of it, and if so, of what nature? Pocket anything that meets these criteria.
You investigate the lootpile. None of the weapons give off any magical energy and neither does the shield. You sift through the little pile of jewellery, looking for anything that looks familiar to you or that seems magical. Your search is for naught, however. None of these seem all that special, mostly just shine baubles made out of silver or polished bronze.

Underneath the pile is whole other story, however. what you first took to be a blackened wooden plank is in fact a leather bound book. flipping it over, it bears the initials K.N.C.

>Drop my cleaver and tear this evasive zombie's head off with my bare hands.
((Whooo, that shovel is the most badass of all of us! :D That was awesome. Also, sorry for not posting sooner, the RTD board has been a bit hectic lately.))
((No biggie, I'm still in my exam period anyway, as you may notice from the sporadic updates.))

You face the last remaining zombie. The zombie faces you as well, twitching slighty. Your cleaver clangs off of the ground as you rush towards him, growling fiercely. [3] You go to grab his head, but he ducks underneath you arms. Again and again you try and get a hold of the zombie, but every time you get a hold of him he squirms out of it. after a while you're panting, getting somewhat tired. The zombie throws up his arms and lunges at you. [10]  Suddenly everything goes in slow-motion. you slap aside the zombies lunging arms and punch him in the shoulder. This throws him off balance and he stumbles. You follow up with two left hooks to the jaw, the second punch ripping one side of his jaw loose. You duck low and follow up with an upwards punch to his chest, heaving the zombie off the floor. Before he can fall, you take one more swing. Putting your entire body into it, you punch the zombie square in the face, completely caving in his skull.

Egen lets someone else finish of the zombies. She also walks over to the Necromancer, just in case he tries anything.
You go over to the necromancer, only to see that Seanna has already finished him off. It doesn't seem like he was going to live much longer anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »

"It is done."
Seanna bows her head, then straightens and investigates the contents of the chamber.
Look around.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:03:16 pm by Gamerlord »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2014, 02:54:02 pm »

"Oh my! I have been bitten! How terrible."

Use Kenneth's clothes to bandage up my gaping thigh wound. Take that shovel blade.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2014, 09:50:42 am »

Egen walks over to Tomo and examines the book they found, "Huh. You wouldn't mind if I took a look at that, would you?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2014, 12:46:29 pm »

"Kei... En... Shi..." Tomo recites slowly as she draws a finger over the initials. It didn't ring any bells, but the necromancer was a K, so maybe it was his wizarding book? Wizards always loved their wizarding books, so it made sense to put it with the treasure! It would be nice if this one had some sort of clues in it, too, since everything else here had been a bust.

Just as she went to stash it away in her cloak, however, Egen spoke up-- startled, Tomo nearly jumps, before whipping her head around with an open-mouthed snarl, ready to bite away any danger... only to come face-to-chest with the harpy lady. Slowly, her head pans upward, and she stares at her for a long moment before bursting into laughter. "You shouldn't sneak up on Tomo like that-

...Person!

...Do what with the what now?"
She asks after a couple rapid blinks, book still protruding halfway from her cloak.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2014, 12:48:27 pm »

Egen steps back a bit, started. "Oh, err..." She composes herself a bit and then points to the book under Tomo's cloak, "I was just wondering if I could have a look at the book you found. It might contain something useful, after all."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »

Moskar stands still for a moment amidst the carnage, everything hostile having already been killed, his eyes set on the blood and foul zombified brain matter dripping slowly from his knuckles. He watches it for a while, then stoops to wipe it off before taking a look around the crypt. He more-or-less ignores the others.

>Wipe the mess off my hands on either a dead zombie or the necromancer.

>Take a look around the crypt. What were the zombies digging to when we came in? Are there any decent weapons around? Have we explored the whole crypt, or is there more? If I can't find a new weapon, pick my cleaver back up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54