Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79022 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Riddles and Crypts, oh my
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:06 am »

((Errr... Yeah. Egen carefully opens the scroll and reads it.))

You carefully open the scroll and unfold it. Inside there strange arcane symbols, you remember seeing symbols like these inside the book you "loaned" when you escaped the tower. For a second you're not sure what to do as you don't know what any of this means. But suddenly, the symbols start glowing faintly and even though you cannot read them, you understand what they mean. The parchement is now blank. Though you've just learned these spells, it feels as if you've known them your whole life.

You have learned: wall of fire, Miniature meteor strike.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Just because zombies weren't good for eating didn't mean Tomo couldn't take childlike glee out of pounding this one into paste! She sits there for a moment afterwards with a broad, stupid grin, savoring the memory, as Moskar cleans up and the others start filtering in.

The mysterious voice from the other end of the tunnel snaps her out of her reverie, however, and she jumps up, stick at the ready, looking around for hostiles. Given the immediate lack of them, the ruse must've worked!

"Tomo hears digging." she says cautiously, and as quietly as she can manage; but the energetic undercurrent to her voice belies her excitement for the impending fight.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:43:37 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2014, 03:47:22 pm »

Pocket the blades and go look for the necromancer.
You try to pocket the blades, only to realize they're already securely fastened to your belt. How silly. You cross the graveyard and enter the larger crypt. After descending the staircase, you are in the same room as Tomo, Moskar and Nosegay.

Fall on my hindquarters to make a convincing thud, then make munching noises to mask the others' catlike approach.
You [7+1] jump in the air and land on you hindquarters, mimicking the sound of someone falling down. You then proceed to make gutteral grownls and loud smacking noises. Anyone who can't see you sitting there, munching on imaginary corpses would assume they're actually hearing a zombie.

((Errr... Yeah. Egen carefully opens the scroll and reads it.))
After reading the scroll and gaining new knowledge of the arcane arts, you head outside and stand near the entrance of the large crypt. You can see Seanna down the stairs, but you decide not to enter yet.

((I just put you here so that next turn you can just join the others if you want.))

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Just because zombies weren't good for eating didn't mean Tomo couldn't take childlike glee out of pounding this one into paste! She sits there for a moment afterwards with a broad, stupid grin, savoring the memory, as Moskar cleans up and the others start filtering in.

The mysterious voice from the other end of the tunnel snaps her out of her reverie, however, and she jumps up, stick at the ready, looking around for hostiles. Given the immediate lack of them, the ruse must've worked!

"Tomo hears digging." she says cautiously, and as quietly as she can manage; but the energetic undercurrent to her voice belies her excitement for the impending fight.

Everyone in the crypt stand around and keeps quiet, except for Nosegay who is mimicking the sound of a corpse being eaten. The ruse seems to work at least, since no enemies come through the tunnel. The rythmic sounds of digging continue in the distance.

Spoiler: GM OOC (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »

((Slightly annoyed that the only loot I've gotten I can't even use, but in terms of pacing I'm fine.))

Seanna follows the others and does what they do. Except for Nosegay. NEVER imitate Nosegay.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2014, 04:01:48 pm »

Egen cautiously follows everyone and listens to the sounds of digging.

"Um... Aren't we going to investigate?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »

"Um... Aren't we going to investigate?"

Nosegay nods enthusiastically, continuing the munching noises. Honestly, it's like these people don't even know how stealth works, really.

Munch on!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2014, 01:42:42 am »

((Augh, how did I forget to post?!))

>Moskar stealths his way ahead, ready to unleash a keg of whoop-ass on any necromancers he encounters.

>If spotted, abandon stealth, give a war-cry and hack who/whatever spotted me apart.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2014, 02:12:24 am »

Follow Moskar, ideally all sneaky-like
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2014, 11:35:56 am »

((Slightly annoyed that the only loot I've gotten I can't even use, but in terms of pacing I'm fine.))

Seanna follows the others and does what they do. Except for Nosegay. NEVER imitate Nosegay.
((If you really feel like you can't use a pair of daggers you can always trade them to one of the other players or sell them later on.))

Quote from: EVERYONE ELSE
SOME FORM OF SNEAKING/MUNCHING/BERSERKING

Egen are the last to arrive in the crypt, and is greated by the sight of three people doing their best not to be noticed, accompanied by a dwarven clown sitting on the floor munching loudly. [Munching roll = 6] Perhaps Nosegay isn't a master of stealth, but he has 'hiding in plain sight' mastered well enough. The ruse seems to be working until a voice resounds from the tunnel. Everyone in the crypt tenses up, Egen puts her hands over her mouth holding her breath and a faint growl can be heard coming from Moskar.

"How the hell did you manage to sever your own leg with a shovel?! I swear, good help is so hard to raise these days"

Everyone relaxes, it seems the coast is clear, for now. Nosegay seems content to munch on for now and Egen puts her ear to the wall listening intently. Seanna, Tomo and Moskar however, feel that it is time for action and move into the tunnel. [Stealth rolls S,T,M = 2,7,4] Our three companions make their way through the tunnel. It archs to the left after about 5 meters and then goes on for another solid 10 meters. At that point, the tunnel opens up into a large, underground space. It seems whoever dug this managed to open up a way into the burial chamber underneath the chapel. As Seanna tries to sneakily move further in to get a better view, she somehow ends up planting her foot into a bucket and falling over. Moskar, sensing danger, grabs hold of the bucket, tears it off and throws it away. It clangs off of the head of a zombie with a soft thud. The zombie groans loudly and turns around. Footsteps can be heard from further down the large chamber "What the hell is going on there?"

It looks at Seanna for a second, then moves its eyes up and sees Moskar. At this point, Moskar loses his patience with the whole stealth thing, and lets out a war-cry in the coarse language of the desert-folk. [10+1] The zombie, perhaps sensing danger, raises its shovel above its head. Moskar doesn't quite care, as he cleaves right through the shovel, the zombies head and chest, splitting it in two. The two halves fall to the ground with a wet smack. Tomo, during all this, has been able to completely avoid detection.

After a few seconds after this, a man and 7 more zombies turn around the corner. The man is dressed in a black robe, adorned with images of skulls and bones. His seems young, his face is full of pimples and only the slightest fuzz has started to sprout on his upper lip. "Well well well, you DARE enter the workplace of the great necromancer KENNETH. And only two of you? Against me and my army of ten-....eight-" He looks to the zombie on his left, who is missing a leg and holding himself up with his shovel. "Seven and a half zombies! you fools...you cannot stop me! I will raise every corpse in this graveyard and I will raise Belgrad too the ground! Maybe then they will see my genius. AHAHAHA"

The man's impromptu speech and laughter carry all the way to Nosegay and Egen. The zombies seem eager to attack, but the mage is as of now too busy laughing to give them a command.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2014, 11:47:23 am »

With a leap and a graceful mid-air pirouette, jump into the room and punch the necromancer in the face with one of my gauntlets. Cancel his silly ass.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2014, 01:15:33 pm »

Egen rushes forward into the chamber and blasts the necromancer with a miniature meteor strike.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2014, 11:25:08 pm »

Moskar's narrowed eyes took in the laughing necromancer and his shambling underlings. He sneered.
"He who stoops to ruling the dead, shortly joins them." He scooped up the upper half of the destroyed zombie's shovel from the floor, wielding it in the opposite hand to his cleaver, and shrugged. "...Old Desert proverb." With that, he went into action, his left arm tensing up before launching the broken shovel towards his target.

>Grab up the blade-end of the shovel I sliced through and throw it at the necromancer before he can command his zombies.

>Whatever the result of that, cut down as many enemy zombies as I can before they react.

((I always feel the need to specify 'unfriendly' or 'enemy' zombies in my attacks. :P This gets confusing after a while!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2014, 11:29:03 pm »

Charge Necromancer and cut him, as that seems like the popular thing to do nowadays.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2014, 05:49:31 am »

Dart in fast and plant my sword in his chest.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2014, 10:17:53 pm »

Tomo shakes her head as she watches everyone rush the necromancer from the shadows. Definitely not Master. There were criteria, after all, and he didn't meet any of them... and Master never indulged in maniacal laughing with visitors around! She turns, and continues stalking the cave, now that it's unguarded; she still had a job to do, after all.

Watch everyone get obliterated by friendly fire Sneak onward and explore the dig site
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54