Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79015 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Riddles and Crypts, oh my
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:50 pm »

The walk down the stairs was just long enough to set Tomo off into tuneless humming, but mercifully short enough to shut her up almost immediately with the equally-awful screeching of the door.

As for the room... she takes a quick look around and nods approvingly, before silently setting out for the opposite end. She liked this sort of situation, where thinking became unnecessary, and combat instinct took over: She wasn't quite sure what the voice said, but she was pretty sure it meant badguys.

Take up an ambush position beside the tunnel, with stick at the ready: if the badguys carry the warmth of life, cosh 'em over the head as they pass and set upon them with teeth and claws. If not, zombies are not good for eating, and Tomo is not good for zombies' eating, so let Moskar butcher them while sneaking past down the tunnel.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:04:22 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2014, 03:15:49 am »

Moskar moved quickly but quietly, placing his steps carefully as he moved across the chamber.
His tongue flicks out briefly, tasting the dank air of the crypt as his eyes strain against the darkness. He presses his form against the wall to one side of the tunnel, gripping his cleaver in readiness as he waits, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

>Hide myself just to one side of the tunnel, against the wall. Ready myself to spring at whoever emerges and cut them apart.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2014, 04:25:58 am »

Nosegay grins at the wizard's story. That was rather good.

"Ooh, another question, you say? Very well, then. Let's go for something more businesslike, then. The fog that's been bothering the area - is it caused by an individual person, a group of people or something else? You don't have to say who or what exactly is responsible, just say which of those three it might be, yes? Is that a small enough question?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2014, 05:27:09 pm »

Egen scratches her head, "Um... Give me a second, I'll think of something. Oh, I got it! Where is Tomo's Master?"
"Well, keep in mind that I have been dead for quite some time, so I don't rightfully know who this 'tomo' and this 'master' is. However, I will not let one with such a selfless question leave empty handed, or I wouldn't be the greatest arcanist, in life and death!" He takes on a sagely pose "Let it be known that are certain laws governing our universe. Obviously, these are of a mallable sort, otherwise magi wouldn't exist. However it is in my expert opinion the case that the threads of fate are not easily severed, and the bonds of true friendship transcend multiple planes of existence. Then again, mithril chains are also rather hard to sever." He looks at you and lets his shoulders sag a bit. "Don't give me that look. This might sound like inane drivel, but I assure you that this information will become usefull at some point."

"I don't rightfully know ser. I've been studying as an apprentice for years now... I haven't had much chance to see or hear from the world. The little that I do know is... disturbing."
"Hmm, yes, the world does have a tendency to get disturbing when we drop our collective guard for even a second. It has been that way since olden times. Still, I suppose it's comforting that some things never change, even if it is the ever-changing nature of the world that doesn't change."

Nosegay grins at the wizard's story. That was rather good.

"Ooh, another question, you say? Very well, then. Let's go for something more businesslike, then. The fog that's been bothering the area - is it caused by an individual person, a group of people or something else? You don't have to say who or what exactly is responsible, just say which of those three it might be, yes? Is that a small enough question?"
After the mage looks at you with a blank stare for a moment, you explain the whole mist situation to him. While you are explaining, he simply closes his eyes and runs his hand through his impressive beard, only speaking when you are done. "That is quite the pickle you find yourselves in. Let me state one thing for sure, no one mage could do this. A large group of mages, debatable. Perhaps if they tap into some kind of outside source, but even then the amount of time this has lasted has made this unlikely. Demons and old gods...perhaps...but they generally like to be more, eh, subtle. If I might give my opinion, you've either got a large group of expert magi frakking about with some kind of big source of magic. And a mean a large group, like a city full of 'em.  Or you've got a greater demon that's bored and or hungry." He shrugs "Honestly, this is rather distressing. I'd have to investigate to give you anything more than baseless conjecture. But alas, kinda dead."

Seanna, Egen and Nosegay suddenly find themselves standing together in the crypt again.
"And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the extra prize! you all got your riddles right on the first try, so I think you qualify. And the prize is...." He makes big circles in the air with his arms, and points to the sarcophagus. "Whatever is in this thing! Now let's see what it says on the sides..." He walks around the rectangle, reading the inscriptions that seem entirely alien to you. "Beware ye who opens this...blah blah....great curse....hero of something something will avenge when the resting place is disturbed...NO ONE CAN BREAK THE MAGIC SEAL? I accept this challenge to my skill!"

He looks intently to the sarcophagus, wiggles his hips and extends his arm. He snaps his fingers and immediatly the large stone lid starts to crumble to dust, starting in the middle. The dust floats upwards before dissapearing completely. "Hah, still got it. Well, it was fun playing around, but I think I'm going to move on now. Ta Ta!" You blink, and he's gone. 

You peer inside the coffin. Inside are the remains of someone. It's mostly dust, with a bone or four still discernable. Three things seem to have been unaffected by time, however. A scroll, stamped shut with a red seal bearing a strange mark. A pair of knives with a strange mark on their hilt, they are inside of green metal sheats bearing the same marks. And a pair of gauntlets that cover the top of the hands and most of the lower arm, the top is reinforced with metal plates.

Inside the large crypt
Moskar moved quickly but quietly, placing his steps carefully as he moved across the chamber.
His tongue flicks out briefly, tasting the dank air of the crypt as his eyes strain against the darkness. He presses his form against the wall to one side of the tunnel, gripping his cleaver in readiness as he waits, eyes gleaming with anticipation.

>Hide myself just to one side of the tunnel, against the wall. Ready myself to spring at whoever emerges and cut them apart.
]
Take up an ambush position beside the tunnel, with stick at the ready: if the badguys carry the warmth of life, cosh 'em over the head as they pass and set upon them with teeth and claws. If not, zombies are not good for eating, and Tomo is not good for zombies' eating, so let Moskar butcher them while sneaking past down the tunnel.
Both Tomo and Moskar take their positions on opposite sides of the door. As the two enemies round the corner they try to stay hidden in the relative darkness. [3][6] Moskar manages stay mostly hidden away, but Tomo can't seem to escape the view of one of the assailants. Bot of them turn out be undead, not terribly unexpected. These seem to be in a much better condition than the ones outside were. You suppose these are the corpses missing from the caskets along the walls. They both turn towards Tomo. [7+1] Moskar takes this oppertunity to cleave the head of the one on his side wide open, spilling rotten goop all over. The one on Tomo's side attacks. [9] but Tomo isn't an easy prey by any means, and dodges the zombie's lunge, retaliating with her walking stick and [6] hitting the zombie in the side of the head. The zombie goes down, but isn't out of the fight yet [2] Tomo sits on his back and repeatedly bashes his head with the stick, pummeling it into a fine mush, but also making quite a bit of noise.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »

(So, what's going on right about now?)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2014, 12:26:23 am »

"So... which do you guys want?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2014, 06:25:35 am »

"What a nice and helpful fellow he was. I suppose I'll take the gauntlets if nobody minds, yes?"

Take the gauntlets if nobody minds, yes? Then seek our good friends. Reclaim banana peel on the way also.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2014, 09:59:18 am »

"I guess the scroll's mine."

Egen grabs the scroll and looks at the seal.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:33 am »

Seanna shrugs and examines the knives. Perhaps they could be thrown? The style of combat she had been taught did not cover such things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2014, 11:12:21 am »

Moskar nods once as the crypt's pair of guardians were put out of the fight, before swinging a broad, booted leg to try and kick his victim away from the tunnel mouth. Then, shaking the worst of the mess from his cleaver to one side, he presses himself back to the wall and narrows his eyes again, listening.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

>Kick/shove the dead zombie(s) aside to where they won't be visible from the tunnel they came from, then re-assume my position.

>Get ready for anything that decides to investigate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2014, 12:12:14 pm »

(So, what's going on right about now?)
((Well, Tomo and Moskar are beating up undead in the big crypt. Seanna, Nosegay and Egen are looting some dead guy's grave after the ghost of a mad mage opened it for them. And you're in a pocket dimension of said ghost, where you can solve his riddle and ask a question. Alternatively, you can just leave without doing the riddle, if you're not feeling like it.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:42 am »

Take the gauntlets if nobody minds, yes? Then seek our good friends. Reclaim banana peel on the way also.
You take the gauntlets. They're sturdy, yet allow for full freedom of movement. They're quite warm and comfy as well, so that's a plus. You step outside and search the bewteen the gravestones for your banana peel. You find it after a short time, dust it off a bit and put it back into your pack. You head towards the larger crypt and descend the stairs. Once you get down you are greeted by Moskar, doing his best to hide his bulk next to the open tunnel. Tomo is just kind of sitting on top of a zombie, gently swaying from side to side witha blank stare in her eyes.

Egen grabs the scroll and looks at the seal.
You take the scroll and look at the seal. It seems to be a stylized flame. You run your finger over the wax, it feels pleasantly warm to the touch.

((Not sure if you want to open it already, though I don't really see a reason not to. If you did, just tell me so you don't have to waste a turn opening the thing.))

Seanna shrugs and examines the knives. Perhaps they could be thrown? The style of combat she had been taught did not cover such things.
((bolded))

You pick up the knives and inspect them. You've got no idea what the marks mean, but you do know craftsmanship when you see it. Even after all that time in the crypt, the blades are sharp and pristine. You secure the two knives on your belt, within reach.

>Kick/shove the dead zombie(s) aside to where they won't be visible from the tunnel they came from, then re-assume my position.

>Get ready for anything that decides to investigate.

You grab the zombie lying in the entrance with one hand, dragging it behind you in one fluid motion. Tomo is sitting on the other one, well away from the tunnel. You press yourself against the wall next to the entrance and listen for any sign of further danger. [8] You focus on the sounds coming from the tunnel. After a minute or so, you hear a voice. "Right, guess they're munching on the corpses about now. Allright you rotting bastards, back to work, daddy needs the bling." After he says that, you hear soft thuds, as if something is striking dirt, in a haphazard pattern.

This thudding continues on without pause, so you begin to relax some more. It seems they think they're safe. You look towards the stone door when you hear the sounds of footsteps, but it turns out it's the clown who decided to show up after all.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2014, 08:32:45 am »

Pocket the blades and go look for the necromancer.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2014, 08:55:36 am »

Fall on my hindquarters to make a convincing thud, then make munching noises to mask the others' catlike approach.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:12:09 am by Harry Baldman »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2014, 09:11:02 am »

((Errr... Yeah. Egen carefully opens the scroll and reads it.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54