Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23312 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

Check the sheriff's office.
"There may be written records of disappearances in the sheriff's office. I'd start looking for clues there." Otto frowns. "I'd suggest the guy with the shotgun pistol take the lead."
  - You'll tell me that thought-reading secret of yours later, okay? I want to read others' thoughts, too. Sure thing we'll check the office first.
Head to the sheriff's office, my revolver bare, set to shoot normal rounds.
Sunan grabs whatever gun is left and follows the pair into the sheriff's office.
[Otto Intelligence: 6]
[Kuzma Intelligence: 4]
[Sunan Intelligence: 3-1]

The inside of the sheriff's office is in fairly good condition, especially considering the sorry state that the rest of the town is in. Kuzma is the first to enter, and his eyes immediately fall upon the desk in the center of the room. Digging through it, he finds that it's filled with several sets of records, including a recent report of some sort of black dust cloud filling the streets. Looking at the date, it's from only a day or two before the town went silent, and it's pretty safe to assume that this 'dust' is linked to the monster in some way.

As Kuzma looks through the records, Otto thoroughly searches the room. As he moves a case of old rifles out of the way, something wriggling in the corner of the room catches his eye. Approaching the thing, Otto can see that it's some sort of flesh-colored worm or maggot, about four feet long with thick mandibles and a barbed tail like that of a scorpion. When it notices Otto, the creature immediately coils up like a snake and clacks its jaws together angrily, clearly none-too-happy about being disturbed from whatever it was doing.

Sunan is the last to enter, and between Kuzma's archive binge and Otto's worm-wrangling, he doesn't see anything else that could be looked in to.

Check the Smiths shop, go inside with my shield across my body covering me.
Head into the Smith's Shop, investigating it for clues.
[Corran Intelligence: 3-1]
[Carl Intelligence: 4+1]

Corran leads the way into the smithy, his shield in front of him to block any surprise attacks. Unfortunately, it also blocks a good deal of his vision, and he can't make out very much of the shop. Still, better safe than sorry.

Carl however does manage to look around. Interestingly, not only is the forge still lit, but there's something sticking out of it. Upon closer investigation, that something is revealed to be body. Most of the corpse has been burned away by the flames, but one of the legs failed to catch, and is completely covered in cysts, ranging in size from just larger than a bullet to a single massive one on the top of the foot nearly the size of a grapefruit.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Clues
« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2014, 12:39:50 am »

((Can you edit my turn into this round? If not, just put it in the next round.))

Provide security, and watch around the area carefully. Make note of anything out of the ordinary.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2014, 01:36:54 am »

"Ugh. That's disgusting. Wait a sec, I'll try and catch it..."
Grab a box or the aforementioned rifle case, then cover the worm with it. After that's done, slide the box onto my coat and turn it over, then close it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2014, 02:54:46 am »

- I found some papers here. Those are numerous reports about black clouds all over the town just in a few days before it was silent. No idea how exactly that correlates with monster attack or whatever happened here, but it does for sure. And what have you found? Let me have a look.
Go watch at Otto's find
- Good God in heavens high! What is that?
Switch the hammer position in my revolver (so it shoots grapeshot next) and point it to the worm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:07:42 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2014, 09:19:02 am »

Sunan looks over Otto's shoulder and lets out a low whistle. "That's some worm, huh? Need some help catching it?"

Sunan assists Otto in catching the worm.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »

"Unusual. But I don't think I'll lose much if I wait before investigating deeper..."

Continue checking the smith's shop to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2014, 10:26:50 am »

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

Look for any weapons or armor.

(( Woops coulda sworn I'd done this. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2014, 10:31:46 am »

((Avis, you magnificent basterd.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2014, 12:21:38 am »

updatetango.jpg
((I laughed for like five straight minutes when I saw this.))

"Ugh. That's disgusting. Wait a sec, I'll try and catch it..."
Grab a box or the aforementioned rifle case, then cover the worm with it. After that's done, slide the box onto my coat and turn it over, then close it.
[Otto strength: 2-1]
[Otto endurance: 3]

While the worm continues clacking angrily at you, you pick up the rifle case to try and trap it with. Unfortunately, it's a fair bit heavier than it looks, and you only manage to lift it for a fraction of a second before dropping it on your foot and screaming in pain. To make matters even worse, your screams drive the worm into a frenzy, and it charges towards you, trying to cram itself down your throat.

Sunan looks over Otto's shoulder and lets out a low whistle. "That's some worm, huh? Need some help catching it?"

Sunan assists Otto in catching the worm.
[Sunan strength: 1-1]
[Sunan endurance: 6]

You take Otto's screams as a sign that you should probably help, and immediately try to yank the worm out of his throat. This does not go well at all, and somehow ends up with the worm being completely inside of Otto's stomach and your hand being nicked by the stinger. Luckily for you, the sting doesn't seem to have gone through the calluses on your hand.

- I found some papers here. Those are numerous reports about black clouds all over the town just in a few days before it was silent. No idea how exactly that correlates with monster attack or whatever happened here, but it does for sure. And what have you found? Let me have a look.
Go watch at Otto's find
- Good God in heavens high! What is that?
Switch the hammer position in my revolver (so it shoots grapeshot next) and point it to the worm

You switch your revolver to shotgun mode before pointing it at... hey, where'd the worm go? And why's Otto's stomach bulging like that? Oh wait, that's where it went...

((Can you edit my turn into this round? If not, just put it in the next round.))

Provide security, and watch around the area carefully. Make note of anything out of the ordinary.
[Julia intelligence: 1+1]

You keep your weapon at the ready and stand guard while Carl and Corran search the building. You don't see anything unusual or dangerous however.

Look for any weapons or armor.

(( Woops coulda sworn I'd done this. ))
[Corran Intelligence: 4-1]

Try as you might, you can't seem to find anything other than a bunch of old horseshoes and farming tools. Still, it's better than nothing, and with a bit of work you could probably make a half-decent guisarme out of a hoe or scythe.

"Unusual. But I don't think I'll lose much if I wait before investigating deeper..."

Continue checking the smith's shop to make sure I didn't miss anything.
[Carl intelligence: 1+1]

You leave the leg be and search the rest of the room, but you don't find anything else worth taking note of.

((Wow those were a bunch of shitty rolls))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:06 am »

Find Otto and help them look around. Protect myself with the shield as needed. (( Well he's dead. Anyone mind if I put my axe through him?))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:28:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2014, 02:24:07 am »

- Еб твою мать!!
Switch back to usual bullets (it switches quickly, that is good), take careful aim at worm and shoot it. At least, that makes a slight probability of saving.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2014, 02:41:12 am »

(( Uhm shooting him in the stomach just means a slow and painful death for him. ))
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:34 am »

"Yerrrgh. Gott und Kaiser."
 Stick two fingers down my throat and try to retch it back up, of course. ((This is quickly moving in a disturbing direction. Didn't expect to have to make a strength roll to lift a rifle case, but whatever.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2014, 03:50:35 am »

((Well, it makes things easier a bit))
While aiming, Kuzma notices Otto's attempt.
He holds his shot to wait for result.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:53:29 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22