Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23306 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:07 pm »

"Thank you. Let's see..." Carl thought. His list of "smartest" was more one of "not dumb".
"How about...Sunan? He seems level-headed and has a good memory, if nothing else. And I believe it was suggested we do the three-trios idea."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »

Otto tilts his head to Julia. "Hey, no offence. Carl's the only person among our group who has a technical education of a sort. As for Sunan... Well, he distinguished himself by not getting into any rows yet, so that has to count for something, yes?"
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2014, 10:21:50 pm »

"And again, he has demonstrated above-average memory for spells. And since no one else is claiming qualifications, that will have to do, no?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2014, 10:27:40 pm »

"He's been one of the more level-headed people today, so he has my support here."

Julia switches from cleaning her rifle to cleaning the saber.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2014, 10:31:55 pm »

"Well, if we are going to split into threes, I would like to go with Kuzma and Sunan, if nobody minds. Not that I would mind going with Julia, it's just..." Otto makes a sharp gesture with his hand, as if waving something away. "No matter."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »

Julia shrugs again. "That's fine with me, if you guys work together well. Two groups left, then."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

"One group. I thought we were settled on groups of three..?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2014, 10:43:54 pm »

Julia shrugs again. "That's fine with me, if you guys work together well. Two groups left, then."
"There are six of us. We are dividing into groups of three. Corran! You, Julia, and I are going to be a team. Any last-minute objections?"
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »

"Ah. Sorry, I'm not completely present. But I'm fine with the two groups. No qualms for me, I'm ready when you are." She stands up, rifle in hand and saber in belt.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 11, 2014, 11:05:25 pm »

"There are six of us. We are dividing into groups of three. Corran! You, Julia, and I are going to be a team. Any last-minute objections?"

Sunan shrugs, "Not really. It shall give my fingers a break at least. Shall we be off then?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 11, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »

((We still have to wait for Wwolin to roll the current turn.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2014, 03:15:44 am »

"Say...do any of you guys smoke?"
At last, somebody stopped quarelling about morales and told something more affilated to life.
- You know, I have my pipe and tobacco at my side somewhere here... - Kuzma extracts those from inner pocket, as well as a box of matches. Then sits down leaning his back against the supply crates and smokes, offering tobacco and matches to Otto.
- As for the group-splitting, I accept Otto's proposal.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:57:40 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2014, 03:36:41 am »

(( All depends on how you use it, I'll make my tomahawks work just fine. ))

"By all means, I trust you will have no problem with me calling you a monster from now on, if you can't show respect I see no reason why you deserve any.
"...We've both been calling them monsters. Everyone calls them monsters. Why are you picking now to criticize this?"

Wake Julia.
Exit the car, helping to remove all the supplies and such.
Claim one of the pistols for personal use and make it clear that I get "dibs" on explosives should a conflict arise in the future in usage.

As the train pulls away from the station, you shake Julia awake and take one of the pistols, loading it with seven shots before starting to unload the uncoupled storage cart, putting the explosives in a pile off to the side and writing your name on them. Yep, that'll stop anyone from taking them. Except maybe dyslexics. And the blind. And assholes. Well, it's better than nothing you suppose...

Walk out of the car, my personal Winchester at ready. Look around attentively for any hidden hostiles. Maybe I will be lucky too see them. If there are any at all.

You step out of the car and look around carefully, trying to spot anything that could possibly be dangerous. However, other than a couple of dangerously sharp cacti and unstable-looking buildings, the area looks mostly safe for now.

"Walk off the train. stand with the others and listen for sounds of movement in the town.

You try to pick up on any sounds over the banter of the group, but hear nothing aside from the occasional whistle of the wind as it passes through the holes in buildings.

Get our stuff, restock on ammo while I'm at it. Claim a toothpick, one of the pistols, and a can of beans while I'm at it. Yeah, the whiskey and the tinderbox, too.

The one flaw with the Lorenz is that it only holds one shot at a time, but you've used one often enough to know how to make that one shot count. You load it up, and keep fifteen bullets on you for later. You also grab a toothpick in case things get desperate when you're reloading, and a can of beans in case you get trapped or lost. Sadly, the whiskey jug's a bit on the heavy side, and isn't really something that you can carry around and still run properly with, but you take the tinderbox and clip it to your belt for safekeeping.

Julia wakes to someone tapping her on the shoulder. She blinks a few times, breathes deeply, and gets up.
"Rifle, sword, water. Nothing else," she murmurs to herself.

Take a Winchester and the cavalry saber. Help offload the other supplies from the train.

You take and load one of the Winchesters, as well as the saber. You note that the blade's actually rather blunt but heavy, probably so that it would do a lot of damage from atop a charging horse. Unfortunately, it's not the best melee weapon because of this, but you keep it anyways, figuring that the reach should make up for it. You then help Carl with taking the supplies out of the nice cool storage car and exposing them to the scorching desert sun. You're not entirely sure what the point of this is, but hey, if the group genius is doing it then it must be a good idea.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16:14 am »

((Aw crap. I thought the train is leaving us, so we should unload.))
Otto unslings the Lorenz and walks forward, stopping to look at his companions over his shoulder. "Well, let's go. I think I should pass on the smoking yet, though - makes us easier to detect. Shame, though."
Walk into the town, rifle at the ready. Let my companions walk in front.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2014, 08:26:19 am »

Dammit. No chance even to smoke a pipe.
Kuzma stands up, holds Winchester at ready and follows Otto.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22