Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!  (Read 11701 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: NOTHING
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »

Define Plant: A broad classification of a lifeform that consumes other lifeforms, usually, but not limited to, non-plant lifeforms.
>infants grows in hard to detect, stone-like, casings, before they burst out as young
   >gain most of their nutrient from the water that is found around them.
>young are generally, but not limited to being a smaller, weaker version of their mature counterparts
   > Easy to kill, but quickly mature
>Mature versions tend to have their exteriors covered in a hard, rock like substance, which serves to protect them from agression
You realized you just suggested Ents right? I have no problem with this just pointing it out.
>.>. . . . . <.< Noooooo. . . . . maybe. . . . . . . Just roll with it. trust me. it will make the future world that we create, more. . . . interesting, if plants are hostile.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:40 pm »

Define Plant: A broad classification of a lifeform that consumes other lifeforms, usually, but not limited to, non-plant lifeforms.
>infants grows in hard to detect, stone-like, casings, before they burst out as young
>young are generally, but not limited to being a smaller, weaker version of their mature counterparts
>Mature versions tend to have their exteriors covered in a hard, rock like substance, which serves to protect them from agression
You realized you just suggested Ents right? I have no problem with this just pointing it out.
>.>. . . . . <.< Noooooo. . . . . maybe. . . . . . . Just roll with it. trust me. it will make the future world that we create, more. . . . interesting, if plants are hostile.
Actually due to lack of leaves this describes a rock golem.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:54 pm »

Not all plants have leaves, plus, leaves are still undefined.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:40 pm »

Well yeah but you didn't define sunlight and since you were so specific plants will never have photosynthesis.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »

Well yeah but you didn't define sunlight and since you were so specific plants will never have photosynthesis.

Yeah but that's half the fun of making nature. Making it not work the same as it does in RL.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2014, 08:15:40 pm »

((No updates today, I'm afraid, but just because something is named after something in real life doens't mean it has to work that way-  if you want photosynthesis, just give it to animals.

More importantly, terms like 'form' now have very specific definitions.   Form is a state of existence that defines the nature of interaction with different aspects of the universe;  in short, it decides whether you can interact with, say, matter, or ghosts.  If they exist.  They don't yet.  All commands using form as something meaning shape or nature don't make sense in this setting!  I'm looking at you, demon summoners.

Also, how the fuck did this get this far from a misclick.  Sheesh :D ))
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2014, 08:59:56 pm »

Yeah but that's half the fun of making nature. Making it not work the same as it does in RL.
I don' have a problem with that I just find it interesting.
((No updates today, I'm afraid, but just because something is named after something in real life doens't mean it has to work that way-  if you want photosynthesis, just give it to animals.

More importantly, terms like 'form' now have very specific definitions.   Form is a state of existence that defines the nature of interaction with different aspects of the universe;  in short, it decides whether you can interact with, say, matter, or ghosts.  If they exist.  They don't yet.  All commands using form as something meaning shape or nature don't make sense in this setting!  I'm looking at you, demon summoners.

Also, how the fuck did this get this far from a misclick.  Sheesh :D ))
I know I'm just setting the groundwork >:). Because we are a crime against nature :3.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:03:25 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 09:41:43 am »

You define a category of life form, a PLANT. 

"Hmm.  Interesting, Brother, though you haven't defined their expiry dates.  Not a problem, but I must wonder why you defined that in the first place...-"

Suddenly the words are cut off as a harsh, blinding pain resonates through all of existence.  Confused, you search for a reason, when a concept echoes through your mind:

"Undefined Void corroding essence.  Remedy:  defined surroundings and space."

Suddenly, a new definition appears;  BLANK  (AKA  VOID). This is an undefined part of reality that can go hostile and start corroding entities and with them, concepts.  It is unknown whether it is sentient in any way;  you cannot currently access any more definitions on it.

You and your brother are surrounded by BLANK.  The blank is 0-dimensional;  nothing, not even space, is implemented.  Your essences are being corrupted.  Remain like this for too long, and the consequences shall be dire.  What do you do?

((The list!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:43 am »

>Begin implementing an opposite of BLANK. We shall call this... space. It doesn't have anything in it but unlike Blank is and existing thing that can have forces exerted on it. (Do I need to explain basic quantum mechanics now or can I do it later?)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2014, 11:11:05 am »

>Begin implementing an opposite of BLANK. We shall call this... space. It doesn't have anything in it but unlike Blank is and existing thing that can have forces exerted on it. (Do I need to explain basic quantum mechanics now or can I do it later?)
one notable issue with that plan. Space is already defined. might I present this as an alternative. Create another void adjacent to the previous void, and the area within the distance between the two voids will become the first dimension. From there, create two more points of void, each adjacent to the previously created void, parallel, but not withing the same point of the previous void, and the area within the distance between those four will become the second dimension, then repeat over and over until we force it to self replicate, creating an infinite number of dimensions to work between.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »

one notable issue with that plan. Space is already defined. might I present this as an alternative. Create another void adjacent to the previous void, and the area within the distance between the two voids will become the first dimension. From there, create two more points of void, each adjacent to the previously created void, parallel, but not withing the same point of the previous void, and the area within the distance between those four will become the second dimension, then repeat over and over until we force it to self replicate, creating an infinite number of dimensions to work between.
Best plan.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:07 pm »

Thinking quickly on your (nonexistant) feet, you define your surroundings as an N-dimensional physical plane extrapolated from and between multiple xeroth dimensional voidspaces.  You're not entirely sure what that means, but in any case, it works;  you are now residing inside a physical plane- a more elaborate version of the space you were in before.  Your immediate surroundings in the space are empty;  what lies further away is undefined.  You and your brother both breathe up;  the corrosion has stopped for now, though it may return unless you define the nature of your N-dimensional planar surroundings more closely.  Starting with that pesky N.

"That... was unpleasant.  On a variety of levels."

Your brother performs the mental version of a shudder.

"I don't care to think of what would have happened to us had we stayed in the midst of that for much longer.  But now, we have a new problem;  our physical shapes in this plane are not defined.  Perhaps it is this, too, that lets that corrosion reach us.  I must investigate further..."

Grimacing, your Brother descends in to thought.

What do you do?

Note from your glorious overlord OP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:20:31 pm by RadtheCad »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2014, 01:54:13 pm »

DEFINE our plane as having 7 dimensions, defined as the first and second being height and width, as with viewing a flat surface without thickness. Defining the third as exterior thickness or depth, allowing for objects to be sized in three dimensions, being true objects. Define the fourth, fifth, and sixth as interior height, width, thickness and depth, allowing for things to be different sizes inside and outside. Define the seventh dimension as time, used to chronicle the events of an object between its beginning and end. DEFINE this moment as the beginning of TIME

EDIT: I realized we need 3 separate dimensions for interior dimensions, not just depth-fixed
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:56:03 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2014, 01:56:52 pm »

Time and the beginning of TIme have already been defined.

Doesn't stop you from defining the Fifth dimension as time though.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2014, 02:10:07 pm »

((I'll go ahead and enact that if you're sure, but FYI, if you want to make the TARDIS, 4 dimensions of space will be greatly sufficient.  You can just hve the door to the thing shift you a centimetre along the 4D plane into a whole different 3D space that can be any size you want.  Compare it to this:  to have a TARDIS in a 2D plane with 3 usable dimensions, you'd just have the door lead slightly up off of the surface of the paper, leading, perhaps, to a seperate sheet which can be any desired size.  Just saying, as I have no idea how to even begin thinkig about a 6N dimensional object.))

EDIT:  Derp.  Definitions.  Dimensions work whatever way you want them to.  Apologies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:39:15 am by RadtheCad »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11