Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!  (Read 11699 times)

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NOTHING
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:30 am »

The fabric of reality gradually begins to take shape around you as you pin down the possible movements within space.  You leave yourself additional breathing room for space that can be filled, which allows for illusions of non-euclidity to 3D entities, which are the standard.

Time, that elusive figure, it bound to one of the seven total dimensions of this reality.  Its definition, however, is still as opaque as ever.

You feel yourself distancing from the corrosion with every removal of vagueness, but it is still there in the back of your mind- lingering, threatening. 
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 08:50:44 am »

So, now we must confer amongst ourselves in what we want, specifically. Shall we start creating worlds? Will we keep defining what will go in our now, newly created dimension? I for one will do this
Define Fire: an element that can be used to brake complex (merged) elements back into their prior combination
Define metal: the rare combination of water and melted earth. Appears with stone on a 9-10 on a 1d10 roll
Define melted earth: the combination of fire and earth, it acts like fire in its destructive proprties, but moves like water.
  > does not combine with earth
   > does not combine with fire
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 11:00:26 am »

((Seeing as you'll probably want to discuss your future moves, I'll update about once a day from now on- preferably when you all seem to be away.  Time zones, and all that.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2014, 11:15:53 am »

((Seeing as you'll probably want to discuss your future moves, I'll update about once a day from now on- preferably when you all seem to be away.  Time zones, and all that.))
That would be wise. also, I would like to be the first to say, thank you, even though this was a mistake, for keeping this going. this might be loads of buckets of firetrucks, !!fun!!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2014, 11:28:35 am »

((Hehe, you're welcome/thanks.  It's been a lot of fun for me, as well.  I'm not sure exactly how long this will last, but I'll keep updating as long as possible/ as long as people keep replying.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2014, 11:47:30 am »

>Define Property: A concept included in the form of an object.
>Define Energy: A property of matter, of which a certain amount is required for non-god objects to interact with each other. Larger scale interactions require more energy, and smaller scale interactions less. Through interaction, energy may be transferred between objects.
>Define Movement: An interaction to change an object's dimensional values.
>Define Kinetic Energy: A form of energy inciting movement to an object.
>Define Adjective: A concept used to define some of the form of an object.
>Define Fast: An adjective for an object affected by a large amount of kinetic energy.
>Define Slow: An adjective for an object not affected by a large amount of kinetic energy.
>Define Temperature: A form of energy contained within an object through rapid movements canceling each other.
>Define Hot: An adjective for an object with a high temperature value.
>Define Cold: An adjective for an object without a high temperature value.

((Basic thermodynamics. Are we allowed to use Boolean logic to allow definitions with exceptions et cetera?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

>Define destruction as the breaking apart of matter into it's component forms to variable degrees of completeness and simplicity.
>Define creation as the combination of matter into more complex forms to variable degrees of completeness and complexity.
>Define Aether as the most basic component of matter. it cannot be created or destroyed by a system, and composes different elements through different interactions with itself. Aether can be created by Gods.

So the groundwork for physics is laid, but more specific concepts remain undefined?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:31 pm »

((You have assumed generic physics as found in our universe unless defined otherwise, with all that that implies, entropy and heat death included-  again, unless you define otherwise, physics work as in our universe.  You can use any logic you like so long as your systems aren't self-contradictory, but until you define a specific heat value at which an object is hot, the definition for hot will be incomplete.  Alternatively, once you define an object to be hot, any other objects of that temperature or higher will be defined as hot.  Update coming in a few hours, to allow for more posts.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:08 pm »

"And I just realized. We have never moved. Ever."

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NOTHING, AKA: You can define reality: A suggestion game!
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2014, 04:50:25 pm »

Acting upon a whim, you add a defining clause to FORM.  The fact that you often feel the irrational urge to use it in ways that do not fit its current definition irks you, and you may as well add additional clauses to it for simplicity.

After that, you get to work preparing the prospective building blocks of your world.  You define fire, it and earth's product, metal...  You're beginning to amass a veritable mountain of materials and objects in your dictionary.  Additionally, you elaborate the mechanics behind your world's function, adding more logical structure terms and boolean definitions of certain values, along with more complex physics.

However, the cold presence of the BLANK is once more growing, a faint...  Extreme discomfort in your mind.  It is not corroding you, not yet, but it will get there eventually.  You can feel it twisting, as if building up to some horrific eruption...

Suddenly, your Brother speaks out to you, breaking your moment of introspection.

"I've figured it out, at least partially- this corrosion, this void, it's trying to break through into this plane using its most major undefined aspects as a gateway."

He grimaces mentaly.

"I can see but one rememdy to this;  we must define ourselves further, integrate into this plane."

You remark that neither of you have ever even moved.

"Indeed, we have not;  in fact, we are currently unable to.  We are not in any one place inside space, but rather only defined as being inside space.  We must fix this and attain physical bodies in order to stabilise reality, and drive away the Void until we ccan think what to do about it."

He defines a subroutine of the universe, the BLANK COUNTER, visible to Gods.

BLANK COUNTER:  45%

"This tells us how close the Void is to entering our this dimension.  We must not let it reach 100, no matter what."

He sighs.

"I suppose I had better start;  I shall name myself, first."

"I, the God of Order and Chaos, hereby name myself..."

If he had a mouth, he would have smirked.

"Aequos.  Aequos Fratre.  Just call me Aequos, Brother...  then again, you need a name, as well.  And a physical form, too.  Go ahead;  time is counting out."

BLANK COUNTER:  50%

What do you do?

(LIST)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((THE PLOT THICKENS.

Tell me what you think about the formatting, and the thread in general; if you have any complaints, wishes or remarks, shoot.

Next update tomorrow, then.  Peace out.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:02:33 pm by RadtheCad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2014, 05:12:08 pm »

I say we define ourselves as something that we will want to look at for the rest of eternity. I suggest a very good looking humanoid. And maybe find something latin sounding for our name.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »

I say we define ourselves as something that we will want to look at for the rest of eternity. I suggest a very good looking humanoid. And maybe find something latin sounding for our name.
but, what if we make creatures that are not humanoid. what I think we should do is make ourselves something similar to a shapeshifter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

Well we can define our form vaguely now so long as we get one. We can always define more specifically later.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

For now, I think we should define ourselves bought more than an sphere of the third or fourth, or whatever dimension, which contains the ability to change its shape into any combination of any mortal that we exist at any point in time.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2014, 09:25:24 am »

For now, I think we should define ourselves bought more than an sphere of the third or fourth, or whatever dimension, which contains the ability to change its shape into any combination of any mortal that we exist at any point in time.
We need a godly name... how about Bob?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:50:51 am by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11