Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52407 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #840 on: August 20, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »

((Sorry about no update yesterday. I was building a robot till about 10:30. As preposterous as this sounds, it's not an excuse.))

Laura Godkissed:
You pick a direction, and walk for five minutes. Following some more cart tracks that lead away from the buildings with smokestacks, you come to a long row of low buildings. They all seem to be labeled Warehouse Xx, starting with Warehouse A1 on this end. Down the row, crews of humans and dwarves are loading rough rough metal ingots into them.

Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne, Gregory Guy, Alaris Valentis and Selena Blackwood:
(Kemik attack: 5+2+8, Success, 4+6+1 damage. Trip: 2+8, Fail. Greghir attack: 20+2+8, Critical Confirmed, 5+9x2 damage. Trip: 13+8, Success. Gartens' attack: Autofail.)
Still cursing from his instantly destroyed summon, Cade doesn't see Kemik or Greghir come bounding in, and plowing him over. Greghir takes a large bite out the halfling's side. As Gartens comes in to help finish the traitor off, he disappears under the pile of teeth, claws and fur that's raging around him. When she gets near enough to notice that he's vanished, it's too late to stop her charge, so she comes to a stop near her dogs. Cade is lying by the table, bleeding heavily.
Mace shouts over to Rapier. "Can you drop a hunk of meat?"
"I don't know, but I can certainly try."
Cade pulls himself up with the help of the the table, and throws a handful of spiderwebs into the midst of Gartens and her hounds. They spring into a mass of huge webbing, tangling the limbs of the three. Kemik seems to have gotten the best deal, and seems to be able to almost move freely.
Rapier draws a dagger from his belt, and opens his hand to drop his rapier. He and Mace switch places. Mace tries to grab the sword before it hits the ground, but fumbles that. In Guy's hand, Rapier stabs his palm, dealing 4 damage. Guy feels a little funny, but that feeling passes quickly.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Alaris's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 21, 2014, 04:00:04 pm »

Attempt to trip the Mace, and if I succeed, try to run around behind a beefier ally. Failing that, if there's any way to get even a little further away from the enemies, I'd like to use it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 21, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »

Guy hacks savagely at the rapier user, holding him tightly.

Full Attack: With my horns, I Pin the rapier man, then hit him with a Flurry of Blows.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:21 pm »

Laura pauses and takes a deep breath in, sampling the air around the warehouses to get a feel for the working conditions. Is the the predominant feeling here suffering, or the pride and boredom that comes with an honest day's work at a reasonable job?

She then turns, and tries to find her way back to the city proper, ideally without having to pass by the front desk and hand over her visitor's badge.

She has it in her head to visit her optimistic sorcerer friend. All this talk of conspiracy, assassination, death in the mines, and perhaps poor working conditions of late has her a bit down, and Laura is not above taking care of her own low mood if the need arises.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2014, 01:45:46 am »

Alaris Valentis, Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne, Gregory Guy, and Selena Blackwood:
(Touch attack: 16+5, Success. (AOO: Success, 11 damage dealt to Alaris.) Opposed check: 6+2 vs. 4, Success.)
Alaris shoves Mace over, but he gets a solid hit off on her skull first. Reeling, she dashes towards the back table.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Selena's turn.

Laura Godkissed:
((Note to self: find way to get Laura Scent.))
It's not suffering. Its closer to the normal work day, but less emotional. More... flat. Hmm.
Well, you've made it out of the work area, and your pass is safely in your pocket. You make your way to Matthew's 'Tower of Arcane Wonders', a two story stone structure that acts as his home/office/laboratory/storefront/storage locker/etc. When you knock, he opens the door. "Laura! What a pleasant surprise! Do come in!"
Inside, it's a mess. Arcane instruments, potions, tomes, random spell materials and other things that I will not describe, but let me tell you, they are confusing, are strewn every which way.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:57:49 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2014, 05:31:20 am »

Give the prone Mace a taste of my Eldritch Blast.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2014, 01:42:30 pm »

Selena Blackwood, Alaris Valentis, Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne and Gregory Guy:
((I'm assuming that you're on the ceiling, unless you say otherwise.))
(Attack: 17+6-4, Success, Caster level check: 3+4, Failure.)
You fire a bolt of purplely red energy at the heavily armored man, but it seems to fizzle out as it strikes his armor. He laughs as he tries to stand back up. "That's right! Hit me again! Hit me again, bitch!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is Edgrick's turn.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:55 am »

Laura offers a light, and starkly contrasted with her present mood, chuckle. "Oh... Just had a visit from whatever foul creature puts nasty thoughts in our heads. Heard of some death, saw some death, and came closer than I would like to experiencing it. I also got some required reading from the place where I trade my divine favors for money... I suspect it will be full of death as well."

She absentmindedly grabs a strange device, one that Laura knew to be safe as her mother used to let her play with something similar as a kid, and fiddles with it as she continues to talk. "You wouldn't happen to have something that needs to get done, that can keep me occupied until whatever good creature that delivers pleasant thoughts shows up?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 24, 2014, 02:59:17 am »

Laura Godkissed:
You've picked up a mummified human hand on a leather cord. Candle wicks extend from the finger tips.
"Well, I've got a few things I need help with. I've got some suppliers who haven't delivered yet. One's completely out of my way most of the time, and the other is in a bad part of town. If you could get my components from either of them, I'd appreciate it. But, there's something else I need some help with." He grabs a metal object from the top of a pile, and approaches you to show it off. It appears to be a nice, if plain, bronze door handle. "It's a door to a pocket dimension. Sadly, the previous owner left it a little... infested, and I could use some help clearing it out. I hope to expand my workshop into it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 24, 2014, 09:09:43 am »

((Sorry for not posting, I've been sick and just not feeling up to posting in RPGs and what-not.))

Samantha frowned. Well, this could end badly. Having one of her sponsor's employees killed in her shop would not be good for business.
She cast an eye around the room. She didn't really want whoever-it-was tromping in here at all, but if the woman had a plan...

>Look around for any good hiding places for her.
Also assess the sturdiness of my front door.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »

Laura examines the doorknob with a grin. "Fun. What sort of friends did the previous owners leave for us to play with? I'm going to guess that it isn't puppies, kittens, or flowers. You could take those yourself."

After hearing the Sorcerer's response, Laura reaches forward and delivers a friendly cuff on the shoulder. "Alright then. How 'bout I go grab those spell components from the place of pocket farming and other surprise borrowing, and then, if I don't get distracted to the point where I don't have time before the Church Cops say I have to heal again, we can see about playing with our pals on the pocket plane."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 24, 2014, 01:44:43 pm »

"Gods be damned! I'm a lover, not a fighter!"

My next turn will be spent casting Cure Light Wounds on myself and trying to stay out of range of the melee fighters.

"I told you we should have just let them have the thing and been on our way, but nooo you had to show up with the damned Coalition!" (Directed at nobody in particular.)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:01 pm »

Samantha Gralthon:
Your door is sturdy. It could be broken down, but not without some tools.
You push your 'guest' into your examination room.

Laura Godkissed:
"Undead. I hear that clerics are good with undead. There are some pretty big ones, too. Normally, I'd be able to take care of it myself, but something keeps making new ones to replace the ones I destroy. Thanks a bunch, Laura! Custard, could you fetch the addresses?" A previously unnoticed pile of scales unwinds and stretches with a hissing yawn. Little wings unfurling, a psuedodragon lifts into the air, and digs out a notebook from a pile. Depositing it in your hands, he pulls out two receipts. They've got addresses and names on them.
Which one would you like to tackle first? The one in the bad or good neighborhood?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 25, 2014, 10:53:33 pm »

Laura rubs the two receipts between her fingers, pondering her options, before handing the address to the place in the good neighborhood back to Custard and speaking to his owner. "You don't want me wandering around long enough to visit two places... I might forget what I'm doing, fail to come back, and end up leaving your spell components to rot in my little storage box at the church-cop place."

The Cleric flashes a weak smile at the mention of undead. "Yup... Clerics are pretty good at that indeed. I don't spend too much time fishing for knowledge in the paper-page sea, however, so if stopping them from coming back is more complicated than just frying them like fish with positive energy, we may be out of luck. When I get back, perhaps we can stick our noses in, so that I might have a quick peek at what we are playing with. I may wish to return and handle it after I beg sweet Llawenydd for some better toys with which to toy with the unliving."

Laura then turns to leave, intent on picking up the spell components in the bad neighborhood, but stops briefly at the door to blow Custard a friendly air-kiss, and listen to any parting remarks from either of her hosts.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 26, 2014, 01:56:56 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
As you approach your destination, four people smoking cigarettes peel out of the alley, and block your way.
A woman in the middle speaks first. "You with the guild?"
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67