Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52426 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #855 on: August 26, 2014, 02:39:05 pm »

Laura sniffs the air, trying to pick up on the scent of the toughs through the odor of their cigarettes, before offering her answer and her most harmless charming smile.

"I'm running errands for a friend. I have a receipt to pick something up. I'm sure he is a member if you have to be to get through and buy stuff here."

(OOCly I'm pretty sure you are talking enforcers guild, but unless their scent betrays something beyond 'guild thug doing his or her job', I'm not sure Laura would make the connection, and if she dosn't, I'm not sure what roll would be used. Would it be bluff if she is lying without being sure she is lying? Either way, I know you have said you prefer to handle rolls yourself at one point, so I'll leave you to it.)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 27, 2014, 06:43:54 am »

Edgrick sneak attacks the grappled one with his rapier(s?)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 28, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
(SM: 7+13)
These are average street thugs, as far as you can tell. They seem to be independent.
A woman to the leader's right speaks. "Eh, she aint in da kno, boss."
"Yer right. Less go boyos and girs."
One of the men at the end of the line turns his head with a glare. "Boss, she mite be lying! Lady, has your friend got any horns? Are his teeth and tongue black?"
A couple of voices join his. "A star on his hand? Sick all the time? His voice really deep sometimes?"
The leader looks over her shoulder, glaring at her team. "Oy! Qyat! Teg, I aint gun put op wid yur shat no more!" She turns back to you. "Well? Answer the question."

Gregory Guy, Edgrick Browne, Selena Blackwood, Alaris Valentis and Celles Gartens:
(Attack: 17+7, Success, 2-1+1+6 damage. Attack: 18+7, Success, 5-1+3+6 damage.)
Edgrick's blades slash deeply into Rapier's flesh.
"Wiz! It's time to bail! You got the mace?"
"That's not part of the favor, you fool!"
(Pin: (You rolled 2 and still won the check.) Flurry of blows: 20 (not confirmed due to fumble)/2+16, Success. 4+4+4+3+1+6+11+11.)
The DM starts to cry.
Was that non-lethal damage?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2014, 01:40:37 am »

The DM wipes his eyes.
"He had 34 hp. You just... just... fucking hell, man. That's not cool."
Gregory Guy, Edgrick Browne, Selena Blackwood, Alaris Valentis and Celles Gartens:
With a one two combo to the face, Rapier collides with the opposite wall, and slumps on the ground.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Celles's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Forgot to account for Edgrick's movement, but eh. Not dealing with that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 29, 2014, 08:35:58 am »

Guy picks up Rapier Man and slings him over one shoulder, then moves into range of the maceman.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:35 am »

Laura Godkissed:
(SM: 7+13)
These are average street thugs, as far as you can tell. They seem to be independent.
A woman to the leader's right speaks. "Eh, she aint in da kno, boss."
"Yer right. Less go boyos and girs."
One of the men at the end of the line turns his head with a glare. "Boss, she mite be lying! Lady, has your friend got any horns? Are his teeth and tongue black?"
A couple of voices join his. "A star on his hand? Sick all the time? His voice really deep sometimes?"
The leader looks over her shoulder, glaring at her team. "Oy! Qyat! Teg, I aint gun put op wid yur shat no more!" She turns back to you. "Well? Answer the question."

Laura blinks. "Nothing ominous and overtly outsider such as that," she offers, "but he is one of those fine folks through whom fantastic forces flows within his veins. I never asked him what sort of heritage fuels his magic; could be that sort of sillyness, could be something else. All I know is that he paid for the components he is sending me for, so he should have whatever authorization is needed to do business around here..."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 02, 2014, 10:54:21 pm »

Maneuvers rolled: Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer, Shield Block

Garten's Actions: GET OUT OF THIS FUCKING WEB AND MOUNTAIN HAMMER THE FUCKING WIZARD'S FACE IN
Greghir's Actions: SNARL BITE RIP TEAR KILL WIZARD
Kemik's Actions: KILL WIZARD
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 04, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

Laura Godkissed:
(Diplomacy: 13+6)
The leader looks satisfied by your explanation, and nods in apology to have wasted your time. The group returns to the alley, allowing you to continue.
When you finally arrive at the address, it turns out to be a rather run down storefront named "Cort's Cures". The door is closed, and the windows are shuttered.

Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy, Edgrick Browne, Selena Blackwood and Alaris Valentis:
(Gartens Strength check: 9+3, Failure. Greghir Strength check: 13+6, Failure. Kemik Strength check: 14+6, Success, 10 feet moved.)
Gartens and Greghir struggle against the webs, but their limbs are still entangled. Kemik is just barely able to escape, but the effort prevents them from attacking the wizard.
Mace and Cade dash for the middle of the room, almost colliding. Cade grabs Mace's leg, and the pair vanish.

Everyone lowers their weapons, as of the two that walked in, one is unconcious on the floor, and the other has taken one of your friends.

Selena Blackwood:
As far as you can tell, no one has seen you yet.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 04, 2014, 03:46:28 pm »

"By the Infinite Abyss, is everyone trying to kill us?"

Gregory picks up his captured mark by the neck and examines him at arm length for weapons, items of interest, and puppeteers.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:01 pm »

"I always had a bad feeling about that one. Wait, what was his name again? Doesn't matter. Do we still have the mace? This whole thing had better not have been for nothing..."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 04, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »

"No mace, but Mr. Invisible here is coming back to the interrogation room. Hope these Coalition types have something set up for containing high-risk suspects."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 04, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »

Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne, Selena Blackwood and Alaris Valentis:
(Search: 12-1)
He's wearing a very light chain shirt, and there's no telltale lump of a puppeteer. He's unarmed, as far as you can tell. He's drooling from one side of his mouth. In fact, on closer inspection, it seems that that side of his mouth has been stretched. Weird.
From the rough treatment, his jaw drops open, giving you a look at his teeth and tongue, which are as black as pitch.
Alaris recognizes this from the man she stopped from kidnapping the pregnant woman.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »

"What in the name of sweet Nerull- This thing has black mush for insides!"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 04, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »

"I've seen it before. Some kind of gang affiliation."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 05, 2014, 12:27:53 am »

Laura knocks on the door, and call out to whomever may be inside. "Hello? I have come to pick up some magicish bits for Matthew of the magical blood. Is anybody home?"
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67