Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52431 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #810 on: August 11, 2014, 02:27:00 am »

You can indeed sneak attack a grappler. They also take a -4 to their AC.

Well in that case if it is possible, Edgrick will delay his turn until he can twin weapon sneak attack Remuthra's grappled opponent, assuming he grapples him successfully. If he doesn't, then Edgrick will move to flank Remuthra's opponent and will one weapon SA if possible.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 11, 2014, 03:05:16 am »

Laura Godkissed:
"Right away, missss." After about five minutes, you have a pile of sandwiches and one less gold. "Well, most of usss don't go outside during the day, our eyes are sensssetive to the light. It'sss much busssier at night."
And there's a kitchen in the Patrol Station, but there's no guarantee the chef will let you use their facilities.

Joes Arlandt:
"The queen. Find her. She can stop the slaughter. She can stop the slavery."

Edgrick Browne, Alaris Valentis, Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy, and Cade Thorngage:
((Honestly, I didn't roll for this. There's no point.))
Guy picks up the man, and holds him for Cade to stab. (Attack: 18+7, Success, 6-1+1+5. Attack: 7+6, Failure.) Through holes in his armour, he is beginning to bleed, quite heavily.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Garten's turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #812 on: August 11, 2014, 11:31:27 am »

"I see. I'll look into it."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:51 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"Good. Take." The figure slips back into the shadows, but not after pressing something into your hand. You can't make it out in the dark, but it feels like a stone.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »

Laura flips the Kobold the gold coin, offers her a smile, and takes a bite out of her own sandwich. "Hrmmchh... *Chew* Nosh bad. Perhaps I shall return after the sun is turned off for the night, and get a feel for Dragontown. Thanks for the help. Hopefully my friend is the sort to be cheered up by little and edible things. It was nice meeting you."

With that the Cleric walks out of the store, writes a small note to her friend apologizing for ruining his fun last night, and bidding him to enjoy and share the sandwiches. She then takes the whole package to the mining companies' offices, with the intent to quietly leave it for him with whoever is at the front desk.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »

The grimace on Celle's face can be seen quite clearly as she backs up, using her shield for cover and trying to circle around the man, thanks to her missing helmet. As her dogs slink into position around him, growling deep in their throats, she suddenly lunges forward, using the distraction of Greghir's bark as she tries to get past the warrior's guard.

"Storm-Queen take you!" she shouts as the spear pierces the air, practically whistling as she stabs over the top of her head. But the man would have no respite, as the angle of the spear's thrust would allow an opening for her hounds to leap for the man, Greghir going low, aiming for the rapier-wielder's feet, while her brother launched himself at the man's throat.

Mercy could be afforded after the fact. For now, there was only the tempest of battle.

Maneuver Rolled: Douse the Flames
Celles' Actions: Free Action: Five Foot Step up and to the right; Standard Action: After Greghir takes a five-foot step(to allow flanking), Leading the Attack; if I hit with a standard attack, my allies gain +4 to hit them for one round.
Greghir's Actions: Free Action: Five foot step to the right; Standard Action: After Celles attacks, attack as well. Trip attempt if it hits, as usual.
Kemik's Actions: Free Action: Five foot step to the right; Standard Action: After Celles attacks, Full Attack. Trip attempt if the bite hites, as usual.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:52 am »

Laura Godkissed:
When you present the sandwiches, the secretary starts. "What do I look like? A delivery boy? That's your job, lady." He reaches into a desk drawer, and hands you a small wooden rectangle, with the word 'Visitor' painted on it in bright red. "Bring that back when you're done." He turns back to looking busy at doing paperwork.

Celles Gartens, Edgrick Browne, Gregory Guy, Alaris Valentis, and Cade Thorngage:
(Celles: 14+6+2 (Flanking), Fail. Greghir: 18+8+2, Success, Trip success. Counter AoO: Fail. Kemik: 14+8, Success, 4+6 damage. 19+6, Success, 5+3 damage. 10+6, Failure.)
Gartens' blade slices straight along the side of her foe's head, taking a lock of hair instead of his flesh. A grin begins to grow on his face, until it is suddenly dissipated by Greghir bowling his legs out from under him, and Kemik biting and clawing at his face.

From inside Guy's massive grasp, you hear Mace call out. "The family's calling in another favor, wizard."

Cade sighs from his seated position at the table. For the first time since the fighting broke out, you realize that he hasn't moved in the slightest. "Very well, Vitruvius." In an instant, he and Mace have switched positions, and in another one, he's suddenly out of Guy's reach. "Ladies, Gentlemen. I'd say it was a pleasure, but that'd be a lie. Summon Monster."
A vaguely humanoid shape made of fire materializes next to the wizard, and charges Guy, (AoO: 6+18, Success, 3+2+5+11) only to be vaporized by a single smack of his fists.

Back with Gartens and her hounds, Rapier leaps to his feet, and begins to step and spin in a manner that looks a lot like dancing, if it were not for the fact that his blade and him are gathering speed with each turn. All three surrounding him feel the wind of his rushing blade, taking inept swings at them. As he dances out of the fight he had gotten into, his blade blocks all attack but those of Kemik.  (AoO: 18+8+2, Success, 2+6 damage.)
His spinning carries him all the way to Alaris, (Attack: Success, 5 damage.) whom he slices on the arm. (Concentration: 4+1 vs. DC 15, Failure.) She loses track of where she was in her song.
It is Alaris's turn.

Selena Blackwood:
Recently arrived in Kalgena, you were wandering the streets of your new home, when you heard the sounds of battle coming from a bar. You stick your head in, to see a woman in heavy armor with two massive hounds, fighting a man spinning out of control, and a creature unlike any you have ever seen punching a creature of fire.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:21 am »

"Well," Samantha says with a nod, cleaning her hands on a cloth as the woman gets up, "You should be feeling good as new before long. Anything else I can help the three of you with? Some remedies, perhaps? Sleeping draughts? Dietary advice? I could always check out your teeth for you, but I must warn that sort of thing is rather expensive- even with my modest fees."

"Otherwise, that should be all done." She offers a sly smile.
"I'd tell you to take more care in future, but then I wouldn't get paid, now, would I?"
With that, she goes back over to her bench, taking the letter from earlier and grabbing up a quill.

>Sign the letter with my name and my normal price for the procedure.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #818 on: August 12, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

Return to my room, get some supper, lock the door, and examine my find.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2014, 11:54:28 pm »

Samantha Gralthon:
They shake their heads at your offer of more medical services, but thank you, nonetheless. When you write down your name and price, the paper rolls itself up and spontaneously combusts, not damaging any of the wood or papers on your desk.
"Hey, you got a back door? We're pretty sure we weren't followed, but we'd like to be sur-"
Suddenly, you hear a violent banging on your front door, and someone shouts through your windows at you.
"Doc, we know you've got the Demon! Hand 'er o'r and we won't hurt you!"
"Shit! Quick, Doc. Back door?"

Joes Arlandt:
You sit on your bed, staring at the slender crystal in your hand. It's about the size and shape of a finger, and a vibrant purple, with darker purple veins running through it.
(Knowledge: ? roll...)
It's probably psionically charged but you can't be sure.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 13, 2014, 12:06:45 am »

Laura was pretty sure she remembered that her friend was a foreman, which meant he worked in the mines, but still, the kind desk person had invited her to explore, so explore she shall!

Laura looks around for some sort of posted map or directory

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 13, 2014, 08:52:25 am »

Samantha shoots a rather disapproving look at the trio as the banging echoes through the building, for bringing such trouble right to a door. Then she relents with a sigh, pondering just how she's going to get out of this with her shop, finances and business agreements intact.
Not to mention her person.

Well, do I? Have a back door, that is. If so, direct these fools towards it.

Either way, respond to the voice from outside by shouting as follows:
"I'm sorry, what did you say? I couldn't quite catch that over the sound of the Common tongue being horribly mangled. If you don't calm down and stop splintering my front door you'll be paying for it! And it wasn't cheap, I assure you."

Lock the door (and windows) and place something heavily behind it... assuming it opens inwards.
Enlist the aid of my three customers to do so, if necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 14, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

"Ow! You ass!" Pull out my sword and swing at the guy who just hit me. "Hey, Guy! I could use your big meat-shield-y body over here!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 15, 2014, 12:21:37 am »

((Sorry about no update yesterday. Work was at its busiest the last two days, and yesterday, I just didn't have the mental power to finish this.))
Laura Godkissed:
(Search: 7+0)
After a few minutes of wandering, looking for something to guide you, you literally walk into a signpost. Take 1 damage. (:P) According to the sign, the foremen's office is to the south. Luckily, it's not far, and you find. It's a rather unimpressive low wood building, with a sign hanging from the above the door, like a shop or tavern might have. When you try the door, it's unlocked, and you see yourself inside. There is a long hallway in front of you, with names on doors. Knocking on the one with Hix'ix'ix on it, you get no response. Trying the door, it's locked.

Samantha Gralthon:
You point them in the direction, and the two that carried your most recent patient make for the exit, only to stop and wait for their companion.
"You two go. I've a score to settle and a debt to repay."
Since the door swings in, you, with the help of the woman, stick a heavy chair in front of the door.
From outside, the shouting continues: "Ha! Da doc dent git Gitterspec! Hey, let us in so we can help you find your walker, oldtimer!"
Another voice from farther down the street: "Der dey go! Dis wey! Cum on!"
The first voice again: "Ey! Yo to! Yo wid me! Hey... Samantha, is it? Mind if me and some friends come in? We just want to make sure you ain't hiding a demon in your little hospital."
The banging has ceased, and the woman is urgently gesturing that she should hide, and you should open the door.
((That's Gutterspeak they're using, just so we're all on the same page, and no one thinks I'm a racist.))

Alaris Valentis, Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy and Edgrick Browne:
((Since Remuthra is seemingly AFK, I'm autoing him.))
(Attack: 3+5, Fail.) Rapier ducks under Alaris's slow swing.
It is Edgrick's turn.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 15, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

((so er Guy is not grappling anyone i can stab and Cade is an enemy now?))
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67