Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52458 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #780 on: July 27, 2014, 03:13:11 am »

Samantha spared but a brief glance for the letter as she ushered the newcomers inside, gesturing for them to lay the woman on the recently-vacated table as she skimmed it. Then, tucking it under a jar of salve for later, she wastes no time and turns to take a look at her new patient.
"What happened," she asks the two still standing without looking at them, snapping off commands as she hastily opens the bleeding woman's outfit to see the wound, "How was she wounded? One of you, grab me that vial, over there. Quickly. How long has she been bleeding?"

Inspect the woman's wound and attempt to stem the bleeding. *Insert healing roll here*
If she seems about to expire, force-feed her a healing potion if I have one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 27, 2014, 02:22:44 pm »

Take a step SW and toss my last flask of Alchemist's Fire at the Mace, shouting, "Heads up!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 31, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »

((I’m very sorry about the delay, guys. Work, orientation, travel and writer’s block have kept this turn from being published.))

Laura Godkissed:
Eager to leave, you leave 15 gold, the price indicated on the receipt, including the tip, and briefly exchange names with your rescuer. Hix'ix'ix leaves too, but as you exit, he whispers a warning. "I know you're going to go after the people behind the killing, but, word to the wissse, anyone who would ssso bold in killing isss going to think themssselvesss untouchable. Watch yourssself, ya crazy bitch." He gives you firm, friendly handshake, and disappears into the night.

Samantha set up shop in an area underserved by the Coalition, so it’s a considerable walk to the nearest station. There, you flash your badge when a lonely officer opens the door. He goes to wake up a healer, who with much grumbling, waves a hand, closing your wounds shut. “Don’t get stabbed after three again.”

You report back to Patrol Station 12, keeping an ear out for rumors involving the elf while you work. You get no word until the end of your work period, when you hear that there was an assassination attempt on an elf, and he’s in protective custody at the HQ. They don’t speak to the child’s fate.

Samantha Gralthon:
“Some punks tried to mess with us in our territory about three minutes ago. We dealt with them and then came here as fast as we could.”
(Heal: 20+8) With extraordinary skill, you stitch the wound together and the bleeding stops almost instantly. Slapping some polituce on the wound and giving the woman a small potion to get her back on her feet and overcome the blood loss. You prep a few supplements for her to take with her, and pronounce her ready to leave.

Gregory Guy, Celles Gartens, Cade Thorngage, Alaris Valentis and Edgrick Browne:
(Attack vs touch AC: 6+5, Success. 1+6 fire damage.)
Through the green flames, you can see the armor take on a red glow.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Edgrick Browne’s turn.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:25:53 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 31, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »

Laura pauses a moment for thought. They were not talking about the kid, so she had to assume the worst. She needed to talk to the elf, but she was a healer who happened to work with the Church Police, not a Church Policemen. It was unlikely they would let her have information on a case... unless...

It dawned on her. She wasn't just a healer; She was also a witness. If the priest-cops knew that, they would likely talk to her about the case, and if they talked to her, she might learn.

Laura heads to the front desk of the station, and calmly requests an incident report form, before heading to the infirmary to put in a shift on healing duty, listening for relevant gossip and working on filling out the report between patients.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 01, 2014, 12:21:24 am »

(The DM forgot about this post.)
Gregory Guy, Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne, Celles Gartens and Cade Thorngage:
Edgrick pulls out his bow, and takes a shot at Mace (Attack vs Flatfooted: 11+7, Miss). His arrow bounces off of his foe's armor.
Gregory begins to search the room for the invisible man, and almost stumbles into him, directly to the east. The monk (Full Concealment roll: Fail) thrashes around, to the sound of laughter to the east.
It is Celles Gartens' turn.

Laura Godkissed:
((Firstly, I really don't want to deal with paperwork anymore, so let's just forget about me handing out actual paperwork. This goes in the "If this was an in-person game" bin.))
Since your shift is already over, you fill it out, and put it in the respective bin. Within 45 minutes, an out of breath detective from Headquarters calls you out of the training yard, and into the interview room. He pulls out a parchment and quill pen, which he balances on its point.
"Laura Godkissed, I am detective Rince. We received your incident report, saying that you saw the attempted assassination of an elf and his child. Please, describe what you saw last night."
As he speaks, the quill neatly writes out his words.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:30:27 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 01, 2014, 12:40:47 am »

Laura smiles offers a slight smile, and takes a seat. "I was out drinking with my friend, and we decided to go see a street performer. While we were watching the street performer, I saw and smelled what I thought was a Pocket Farmer, and he was working his way towards a rich elf and his kid."

She shrugs. "Now, I just keep the organs and blood of the lawfolk inside their bodies, because I am not actually a lawfolk. I do remember, though, that the lawfolk like to have proof before they tattle on somebody. I decided I could make some lawfolk happy, by getting proof for him or her; I decided to cast hold person on the pocket farmer, and time it so that it hits just as he is digging through the elf's clothes."

Laura's composure begins to fail, and this is only partially an act. "Bu... but he wasn't a pocket farmer at all. He was a killer... He drew a knife and started going faster towards the elves, and this messed up the timing of the magic. By the time I had him on the ground, the knife was already in the head of the little elf..."

The priestess begins to sob uncontrollably, hoping perhaps to provoke her interviewer into saying something that may perhaps be of use to her...

(I'm not sure, would this be a bluff? Laura isn't so much lying as she is playing up the emotions she already feels)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:41 am »

"Go!" Gartens says, gesturing to the man with her spear as she pulled her weapons out, gaze fixing on the man with the mace. Her glare would catch his attention and hold it; there was no escaping her, he would know. She was implacable.

Advancing towards him, she pulled her shield into defensive position, and tapped it against the ground, a faint ringing accompanying the protections as her dogs charged him, trying to bowl him over and trip. But if he were to take his eyes off her...that would be...inadvisable.

Instead, her hounds would try and pull him down, snapping at exposed areas of plate and keeping him off balance, trying to bring him down as though he were a particularly large and dangerous animal that they had orders to kill, as their mistress drew closer. Then she struck, spear lashing out with a tremendous ferocity, as she tried to smash his plate and break bone.

Maneuvers rolled: Crusader's Strike, Leading the Attack, Mountain Hammer
Celle's Actions: Immediate Action: Protection Devotion; +3 AC to all allies within 30 feet. Swift Action: Iron Guard's Glare; enemies Celles threatens take -4 to attack anyone other than her. Move Action: Move within range to strike at Mace; draw weapons in process. Standard Action: Mountain Hammer; normal melee attack; deals +2d6 extra points of damage and automatically overcomes all DR and Hardness
Greghir's actions: CHARGE; trip attempt if hit, as always
Kemik's actions: Swift Action: Punishing Stance(-2 AC, +1d6 damage); CHARGE; trip attempt if hit, as always

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:41 am »

Laura Godkissed:
((I’m going to say that it’s not a bluff, but it is a target for a SM check.))
(Sense Motive: Success) “Drop the scared bystander act, ma’am. It’s not fooling me, and you’re a professional. Act like it. Now, for the record, a ‘Pocketfarmer’ is a pickpocket correct?”
(Sense Motive: 13+13, Success.) He seems to be deliberately holding back information about the case, more than standard procedure dictates.

Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy, Cade Thorngage, Alaris Valentis and Edgrick Browne:
(Celles attack: 4+6, Fail. Greghir attack: 6+8+2, Fail. Kemik attack: 4+8+2, Fail.)
The assault on the heavily armored man by the hounds and the woman was sub-par, even with the odds in their favor. Their blows were slow and easy to sidestep, even in the heavy armor.
Mace calls out across the room, “You want to handle this corner?”
From nowhere in particular comes the reply, “Sure thing. Tell me when.”
“Now!” With that, Mace melts away from up against the door, and melts back into place near Guy, but warily steps back a little.
From the space that Mace just left, Gartens and the hounds hear a wooshing noise. With Haljir leveled and fangs bared, they lash out as Rapier re-materializes in a circle of steel, spinning and tumbling over the jaws and blades below. (Tumble to not provoke AoO: Success x3) (Attack vs. Greghir: Fail. Attack vs. Kemik: Success, 6 damage. Attack vs. Gartens: Fail.) Even though he tries to hit the three, his sword only bites into Kemik’s flesh. (Secret roll…)
It is Alaris Valentis’s turn.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 02, 2014, 11:45:27 am »

Laura Godkissed:
((I’m going to say that it’s not a bluff, but it is a target for a SM check.))
(Sense Motive: Success) “Drop the scared bystander act, ma’am. It’s not fooling me, and you’re a professional. Act like it. Now, for the record, a ‘Pocketfarmer’ is a pickpocket correct?”
(Sense Motive: 13+13, Success.) He seems to be deliberately holding back information about the case, more than standard procedure dictates.

Laura turns the waterworks down a bit, but remains a bit upset, both because she is, and she doesn't want to let on to the investigator that he was right on the off chance he had any doubts..

"Yeah... Pickpocket... That is what I thought he was. I worked quick... I worked quick when I figured out he wasn't though. Once my spell worked, I took my mace and pretended that I was making smashed potatoes and that his legs were potatoes, so that he couldn't run off or stop me from trying to stop the kid from dying."

She takes a deep breath, and describes the medical procedure. "Daddy elf let me examine and heal the little one. I discovered that not only did the knife inflict a wound bad enough to send the kid to the good place if I didn't treat it fast enough, but that it was also covered in murder juice. I had some godly magic to deal with the wounds, but I had no answer to the murder juice. I told this to the big elf, had him time removing the knife from the wound with my healing magic, and then had him set off at once with the boy to wherever he thought he could find somebody to deal with the murder juice..."

Laura hangs her head, "I don't think the kid made it. I was told when I got back that we had 'an' elf in safety jail. Not two..."

Laura then promptly raises her head, seemingly perks up, looks into the interviewers eyes, and speaks again before he can chastise her for digging for information. "But if you checked out the scene, you would have found the corpse maker was also a corpse. I didn't kill him, but trying to explain how he died on my watch... is like trying to make one of those fancy sticks that shoot magic: complex. Look at the color of my skin and eyes, they are not like anybody else's are they? You can touch me if you wish, my flesh is very warm. I had some accidental adventures in the good place as a child, and they left me changed, and for what happens next to make any sense, one must believe a seeming silly truth about me..."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 02, 2014, 11:50:59 am »

Guy smiles as he lunges for the maceman, one oversized fist wrapping around his torso and pulling him into an embrace.

Full grapple. Three melee touch attacks at +16 to hit, then opposed grapple check at +27.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 03, 2014, 12:10:22 am »

Laura Godkissed:
As you speak, he nods. "Yes, that correlates with the diagnosis of the healers that received the child. You did a good job, Godkissed."
He's about to say more when you interrupt with him your story of a silly truth. When you've finished, he looks at you with new eyes, and slowly reaches out a hand to touch the back of your hand. He holds it there, noting the subtle shifting skin tones, the glowing eyes and the colorful rags she wears. After half a minute, he pulls his hand back into his lap, sitting quietly for minute, digesting the facts in front of him. He clears his throat, and continues the interview.
"For the record, there is little doubt that Miss Godkissed has a supernatural origin. What happened next?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 03, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

Inspire Courage on Guy!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:55 am »

Laura shakes her head and frowns. "The truth that people think silly is that I can smell emotions and feelings. Usually this helps me. Alot. But this time it made me mess up. I smelt the smell of somebody about to commit a predatory act, just like I smelled when the murder salesman showed his true colors. This made me think that there was another bad-guy around, so my attention was scattered... I goofed."

The planetwisted woman throws her hands into the air. "It was him," she almost wails, "I had turned his legs into smashed potatoes, exhibited that I kept a deity who helps me with magic, and he still was somehow able to not freak out long enough to throw another knife at me, covered in sleepy juice this time, and then take his own life with a third blade. The knife hit me in the back, and my friends dragged me off to some bonepoker who does non-magicish healing for gold. When she didn't do a good job, I found one of our stations to finish patching me up. Then I came here, and thought I might make somebodies day if I were to fill out a report on this. I havn't been back to the scene."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #793 on: August 04, 2014, 08:19:12 pm »

Ask Hix'ix'ix what that was all about.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 05, 2014, 01:20:38 am »

Alaris Valentis, Celles Gartens, Gregory Guy, Cade Thorngage, and Edgrick Browne:
Alaris whips out her violin, and begins to play a rousing song. It is spoiled slightly by the cursing of the burning Maceman, beating out the flames. (1 damage)
((Remuthra, I realized that you won't catch fire, since it just went out.))
It is Edgrick Browne's turn.

Laura:
The detective waits for a moment, letting the quill catch up. Once it finishes, he picks it up, and puts the parchment into his bag. He makes no move to leave yet.
"Laura, what I'm about to tell you is strictly off the record, as it's an active, high profile investigation. Understand? Good. The child survived, thanks to your intervention. The doctors say that if he hadn't gotten the healing he did when he did, he would have been dead in a minute. He should make a full recovery. They are predicting some mild brain damage, but nothing some therapy can't cure."
He pulls out a small flask and takes a long swig. He grimaces at the taste.
"That's the good news. The bad news is that the father claims to be the "Baron of Mount Kalgena, and the Surrounding Lands". Has the documents to back it up. Says that that's why he and son got attacked last night." He takes another drink.
"If he's lying, he's doing a good job, and those documents are legit, as far as I, or anyone I've shown them to, can tell. Either way, I've said too much. You've been really helpful, Godkissed." He stands and puts out his hand to shake.

Joes Arlandt:
You jog after Hix'ix'ix, as he's already left. "You mean the new people? They didn't look like your average ssstreet thug. There wasss an air of professsionalisssm to them, under the ssstench. My guesss? Enforcer'sss guild." He glances over his shoulder non-chalantly, but flashes you a worried expression. "It'sss not sssafe to talk about them in public at thisss hour. You free tomorrow night?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67