Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52597 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »

Grapple the worm.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »

((The hole isn't quite big enough for you to fit through without squeezing, but if you spend another turn tearing down the wall, I'll let you fit normally next turn.))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 22, 2014, 04:31:11 pm »

((Thought I already knocked the wall in. Do that.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 22, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »

((A third of the way.))
As you rip into it with your fists and horns, you manage to pull off a whole third of the wall. (37 damage.)
You rip off another third. You should be able to fit into the secret room comfortably.

Gregory, your legs and wings suddenly feel like they are moving through molasses, and your speed is halved. The Puppeteer continues to lie on it's rock, smug as a worm can be.

It is Alleecat's turn.

If you can, please get your turns in In the next two hours. I'm going to try and have the post up by then.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:51:38 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

Inspire confidence!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 22, 2014, 07:34:53 pm »

Now grapple!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:42 pm »

Alaris weaves a wonderful song that invigorates Gregory in... something, he's not quite sure. (Inspire confidence gives +2 to specific skill. Do you prefer anyone in particular?)

Gregory deftly grabs it by where it's throat would be, and begin to squeeze dealing 24 damage. It begins to sputter blood.

Gregory, in your head, you hear that voice again. "How dare you touch me, beast? GET OFF!"

You both hear a whip crack, and then again, and again and again, each coming faster and louder. Gregory, with each crack, the image of your fist slowly approaching Orlgoth Twistclaw's face flashes in your memory. As the last lash sounds, the moment when your fist collided with the dwarf's face appears and lingers...

You are unable to think clearly through the pain of these memories. They rip at your psyche, dealing 4 Charisma and 4 Sanity damage. You have 2 Charisma and 7 Sanity left. You are also dazed, and unable to act this turn.
It's time to roll for insanity! Hehehehe....

YOU ALL THOUGHT I FORGOT ABOUT INSANITY! BUT REMEMBERED! I BIDED MY TIME AND NOW I STRIKE!

It is Alleecat's turn.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:53:24 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:10 pm »

Gartens and her hounds both stand around the bodies of the creatures, breathing heavily after the fight, and she shakes her head. "The dogs need a break, and so do I; just give us a few minutes to catch our breath, then we can go on. I'm really not liking this cave, though..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 23, 2014, 12:44:18 am »

((I meant to inspire courage, sorry. Which means Gregory would have done 23 damage instead.))

Sustaining the song. I would throw some alchemist's fire, but Gregory is taking up most of the passageway and I don't want to hit him by accident.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 23, 2014, 01:54:09 am »

((I meant to inspire courage, sorry. Which means Gregory would have done 23 damage instead.))

Sustaining the song.
24 damage, cause he rolls damage twice.

"You don't like that, do you, beast? Have some more!"
(Will save: 1 + 3) Another whip lash sounds, this time only once/ In your head, Gregory, you see one final image. Your mentor's mutilated corpse lying in the field. Your failure to find his killer(s) overwhelms you, and you just start to weep and weep and weep, and you no long can think of anything but sadness. You take 2 charisma damage and 2 insanity damage. You have 0 Charisma left,  are catatonic and will need to receive treatment for a few days before you . You have 5 sanity left, which means you will start developing serious symptoms of mental illness soon.
It is Alleecat's turn.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 23, 2014, 02:12:44 am »

Well, this isn't good. Big guy's sobbing in a fetal position and I don't really want any of what he's having. Do I stay and try to get him out of here, or do I run and save my own hide? Heroic songs aren't exactly written about those who flee from battle, but who will write the song if we're both dead?
Alaris smacks her forehead. I am really going to regret this decision, aren't I?
Take a flask of Alchemist's Fire in each hand and chuck them as hard as I can at the worm, provided I can see it behind Gregory. Otherwise, see if I can toss them over his shoulder.He's probably going to take some splash damage, but he's a big guy, he can take it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2014, 02:49:44 am »

(17) You lob a vial into the chamber, hitting the beast square on. It erupts in flames for 3 damage. Gregory catches fire, but he doesn't feel it.
The Countess rolls around to put the fire out, and is successful. She eyes Gregory, ready to incase he tries to attack her.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:55 am »

Next vial.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 23, 2014, 02:58:51 am »

It goes very much the same: dead on hit, 5 damage. However, the beast was unable to put out the fire, and so takes an extra 1 damage. It seems defeated, and sounds that way as it's voice rings in your head: "Just make it quick, Alaris."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 23, 2014, 03:10:12 am »

Nod, take my sword and hack its head off.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67