Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52569 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2014, 03:40:53 pm »

In the cave:

The Puppeteer screams as one of Edgrick's blades pierce her hide, dealing 3 damage, while the other one bounces off.
(Reflex Save: 17 > Target) (Strength check to resist push back: 13 < Target) In sudden a burst of flame emanating from the Puppeteer's maw, Edgrick is thrown back ten feet, taking 6 damage. It never even touched him!
Hix'ix'ix charges the worm, shouting a warcry in Draconic. He almost gets his sword into the flesh of worm, but it is narrowly blocked.

It is Rolepgeek's turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gregory Guy
​Your eyes flutter open, revealing your surroundings​. You are lying in a bed with white sheets, surrounded by white curtains which have been drawn back. The late afternoon sun streams in from a simple window. A few people of assorted races in white robes quickly walk by. One of them notices you moving, and calls over another. The second one sits on a stool next to your bed.
"It's good to see you back up, officer. It was a little touch and go back there; we only have two healers capable of casting Restoration. We kept you sedated to make sure there were no complications. You should be free to go. Turn in your robe at the locker room out the door, and to the right. You'll find a locker with your name on it, which should have your clothes in it."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:24 pm »

Nngah, thanks. Got to go see the commissioner.
Find the man in charge and speak to him immediately.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2014, 03:59:16 pm »

After you dress, you make your way out the door, finding yourself suddenly in the bustle of the CC's headquarters. You navigate to the Law Enforcement's administration offices,  and after asking around, it seems that you were in luck. The Commissioner has visiting hours now. You get in line behind a few other officers. After about an hour, it's finally your turn. The Commissioner's secretary looks up at you from her paperwork with an expression of bored interest.
"What are you here to talk to the Commissioner about today?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2014, 09:38:06 pm »

[Maneuvers Rolled: Crusader's Strike, Leading the Attack, Stone Bones]

The crusader's face scrunched in concentration and frustration as her ally was knocked away, knocking her shield against her spear. Celles then strode forward, jerking her head so that her visor would keep her face safe from assault(in theory, anyway). With a final, declaratory step forward, and an invigorating battle cry, Gartens thrust her spear at the beast's head, trying to hold it in place so that her friends could strike at it more easily. "Let us kill the beast now, friends!" Greghir and Kemik knew the drill, and could likely remember the scent from their earlier battle; they began surrounding the creature, ripping at the Puppeteer's flanks while their mistress forced it's attention on her.

[Gartens Actions: Swift Action: activate Protection Devotion, consuming Stone Bones maneuver; Swift Action: initiate Iron Guard's Glare stance; Free(?) Action: Take five-foot-step north; Standard Action: Leading the Attack(if normal attack hits, allies get +4 to hit target until my next turn).]
[Greghir's Actions: Move Action: Move to a position flanking the worm with Hix'ix'ix; Standard Action: BITE!]
[Kemik's Actions: Move Action: Move to closest possible position that would flank with Edgrick if he had been where he was before getting knocked back; Swift Action: initiate Punishing Stance; Standard Action: BITE!]

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »

(13 < AC) Gartens' blade skips off the tough hide, but she has her foe's attention. They engage in a glaring contest, even as the hounds siddle up around to flank the Puppeteer.
(16 < AC) Greghir gnashes at the beast, but can't get a grip through the slime.
(23 > AC) Their sibling has much more luck, biting down hard, dealing 18 damage! Thick, purple blood goes flying!

It is Zako's turn.

Code: [Select]
|-----eee-----|
|-----eee-----|
|-----eeeg----|
|---B--PPk----|
_|-----PP----|_
__|---H-----|__
_____|-G-|_____
_____|---|_____
_____|-C-|_____
_____|---|_____
_____|---|_____
_____|---|_____

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2014, 12:10:53 am »

"Watch out for the webs!" Cade shouts before he casts his spell.

Warn my allies of my incoming spell, then cast Webs (sculpted). Sculpt the spell into the shape of 4 ten foot cubes. One will be directly over the queen to cover her completely, the other 3 will be covering the majority of the eggs but not covering my allies.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2014, 02:02:35 am »

The Puppeteer suddenly realizes that she just bled out 11 points of damage from that sneak attack.

Quickly after, giant, stick webs spring up around where Cade the a few scraps of spider web. The Puppeteer is thoroughly entangled in the webs, unable to move.

It is lawastooshort's turn.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2014, 06:59:24 am »

"I have no idea how long I have to keep stabbing this beast... Is there no other way?"

SA with twin rapiers again, from the same position.

1d20+4=6, 1d20+4=16

Not sure if either hits.

Wait - is there a bonus to hit if flanking? Aha yes, so that 16 is an 18.

If that hits then another 7 damage, which is poor:

1d6-1=2, 2d6=5
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:02:05 am by lawastooshort »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

(6<AC,18>Entangled AC!) Sadly, one blow whiffs, but the other one connects! 7 damage!
From the Puppeteer's head comes a purple mist that floats towards Gartens. The hounds, Browne, Gartens and Hix'ix'ix all get an AO from this manifestation. (In order 15, 15, 16 and 14 < AC, 19 > AC!) Hix'ix'ix plunges he sword into the beast's flesh, dealing a pitiful 4 damage, but the wound sizzles as if hit by a poisoned weapon, dealing another 8 damage!
Encouraged by this result, Hix'ix'ix swings again, dealing an impressive 8 damage, followed by an additional 7!

The beast seems close to death, as it now bleeding heavily. A few bites from the hounds should finish it.

It is Rolepgeek's turn.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2014, 08:26:56 pm »

[Maneuver Rolled: Douse the Flames(bleh)]

[Gartens Actions: Move Action: Move to position flanking with Edgrick; Swift Action: initiate martial spirit stance; Standard action: Crusader's Strike on the Puppeteer; healing from Martial Spirit to Edgrick, from Crusader's Strike to Kemik.]
[Greghir's Actions: Standard Action: Bite!(and remember to trip, folks! XD)]
[Kemik's Actions: Full Round Action: KILL.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2014, 11:04:43 pm »

In the cave:
(21>AC) Gartens brings her spear around to stab the Puppeteer for 5 damage. Kemik regains 8 health, and Edgrick 2
(28>AC) Greghir rips into the beast's flesh, dealing 13 damage, reducing her to 0 HP.
Kemik performs a Coup de Grace, ripping out the monster's throat. As the blood flies, a gurgling scream of anguish pierces the sound of battle, and the voice sounds once more:
"I have failed you for the last time, my queen."

With a thump, the beast falls to the floor in a heap. Hix'ix'ix bends down to saw off it's head with his new sword. "Anyone mind if I keep thisss? I'm thinking it'll look niccce over my mantle."

Alaris Valentis
((Preform: 19+9=28
Spot: 17+1+3(contextual bonus)=21))

You take the stage to scattered cheers, and begin with a lively drinking song, which gets the crowd on your side. After a few more songs, you take some requests. Generally, they are of a happy tone, but a few dwarves with long faces ask you to play a popular memorial song. The whole room goes quiet as you put your bow to the instrument's strings. The many miners solemnly and quietly join in, each remembering their friends who have passed on in the mines. For the next song, you raise the crowd's spirits with a dwarven saga. This tale tells the story of the most famous Dwarven mine: Garlsgingruum. It tells of the initial discovery of mineral wealth in a mountain, which was quickly striped away by tireless dwarves, hungry for gold. They were the first to discover the existence of adamantine in the world, and the blue metal flowed to all the corners of the world. Then, one day, the entire mountain disappeared from the face of the earth, with the dwarves and metal still inside, leaving no trace. The version you tell attributes this to the wrath of the gods for the dwarves' greed. The saga ends with a prophecy: one day, Garlsgingruum will return to this plane, and mortals will be filled with greed once more, and will descend on the mountain like flies.

As you play, you remember your new job, so you keep your eyes open for shady characters. Two stand out quickly. A man with a hood pulled deeply over his face sits a table in the far back, sans-alcoholic beverage. He has a rather grubby cloak, unwashed and badly patched, but the man who just sat across to him, his cloak is of the finest quality, something inappropriate for this establishment. The good cloak man slides some scrolls across the table, and words and coin purses are exchanged for quite some time. As you finish your saga, they are still in the back, talking. Most people are filling out, going to their lodging or to visit ladies and men of the night after a night in the tavern to remember. The barkeep brings you a hearty meal of chicken stew, bread and some surprisingly good wine.
"It's not often that the common man gets treated to such a spectacle. That was a telling fit for a prince."
You pick up your donations bag, which now heavy with silver and copper. You'll have to count it after your meal.
However, there is still the matter of the shady characters. They seem to be wrapping up. Should you tail one? Approach them now? Ignore them?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »

Alaris greets the men with a friendly smile.
"Hello there sirs! Would you like to make a request? Last song is on the house!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »

The one in the grubby cloak looks up at you, getting an evil grin on his face. "Yah, sure, I'd like to request you in- OW! What the bleeding hell was that for?!" He seems to be in pain.
The one in the nicer cloak spits "For being a fool, Polac." and turns to you "If you could grace our ears with the Olidammara's Blessing of the Night, miss, we would be most honored. BARTENDER! A wine for me and an ale for my ungracious friend."
Olidammara Blessing of the Night is popular prayer of rogues and thieves, asking for his blessing on their next job. It's generally considered inappropriate to play it if you're not heading out to gain ill-gotten wealth, since Olidammara might turn the tables, and send someone to steal from you. He's that sort of god.

((With 16 charisma, expect to get hit on, especially in seedier taverns.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:57 am »

"What, the sword or the head? I'm not entirely sure the head will look 'nice', but I suppose fashion is a personal thing. So, this queen is presumably somewhere? You want to report back, Hix'ix'ix, or continue? Colleagues? Do we need to regroup?"

Search the area - both for a renewed understanding of where we are and for any... artefacts.

Search roll:
1d20+9=26

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 01, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

I probably wouldn't be at a seedy bar if I couldn't handle being hit on by seedier people.
f they're ordering more drinks, they're probably sticking around for at least a little while longer. What the hell, I'll indulge them.

Alaris smiles and winks at the two, "Going out to cause trouble, are we? Don't worry, I'm very familiar with the tune."

Play their song. If they get up and leave early, try to finish up the song quickly and tail them at a safe distance.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67