Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52603 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Sleepy the dwarf.
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2014, 06:49:06 pm »

In the dark street, Elias spits out a few broken teeth, grimacing. He downs another elixir, and his face turns green.
He burps a little, and a soggy wasp buzzes out of his mouth. Again he burps and a small group flys out.
The next time, he retches all over Gregory, wasps spewing from his mouth like bile. They swarm all around Gregory, biting and stinging, dealing 11 damage. Their posion reacts strangely to his body chemistry, and sends him stumbling around, nauseated. He may only take a single move action next round.
After that display, Elias backs farther away.

The next morning in the Stained Brick, Cade stands once the party has finished their meals. "Shall we be off?"
After dealing with some bureaucratic nonsense, you are finally directed to the prospector that will be accompanying you, a rather irritated Kobold named Hix'ix'ix. He leads you to large plywood board leaned up against the rock face, out of place in the bustling mining operation.
Gesturing to it, he glares at the dogs that are sniffing at him curiously. "Move thisss, Gartinsss."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:47 pm »

Gartens glares at him for a moment, her eyes narrowing. Then she drags the plywood to one side. "There a reason this is covered, and not simply roped off?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »

"RAAAUUUGGHHH!"

Ignoring the highly cheaty GM tricks, Guy rushes towards his foe to cut him off.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2014, 07:44:47 pm »

Gartens glares at him for a moment, her eyes narrowing. Then she drags the plywood to one side. "There a reason this is covered, and not simply roped off?"
"Company policy. I can't talk about it with temps like you."
The removed plywood reveals a mine entrance. Hix'ix'ix hands out lit torches to everyone, and leads the way.
After about a minute's walk, you come to a clearly unfinished part of the tunnel, with a hole in the wall just big enough for armored Gartens to fit through. One the other side, a clearly abandoned mineshaft leads to the left and the right. Which way to do you go?

"RAAAUUUGGHHH!"

Ignoring the highly cheaty GM tricks, Guy rushes towards his foe to cut him off.
((Says the most OP character. And anyway, 3rd party material is not cheating.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2014, 07:48:47 pm »

"Flip a coin? Unless you have a policy about which way to go."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »

"I don't need your sass, lady, not today. It's been zero days since our last accident."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »

"RAAAUUUGGHHH!"

((I'm not OP unless your whole purpose for the campaign is combat. Besides, if you throw a caster who is clearly out of spell power into a fistfight with  a character specifically designed to punch things, and your support is the bard, you deserve to be destroyed.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2014, 07:56:24 pm »

"RAAAUUUGGHHH!"

((I'm not OP unless your whole purpose for the campaign is combat. Besides, if you throw a caster who is clearly out of spell power into a fistfight with  a character specifically designed to punch things, and your support is the bard, you deserve to be destroyed.))
((I'm grinning so much right now, because DM reasons.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2014, 05:29:35 am »

"RAAAUUUGGHHH!"

((Also, remember that said bard is in a blind rage and can't think clearly enough to actually use any utilities. Bards really come in two varieties, Utility and Combat, and Alaris is very much the former.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. There ain't no OSHA in this town...
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »

Hix'ix'ix shrugs, and digs out a copper. "Headsss iss left, tailsss iss right." He flips it up, catches it, and does the thing where he puts it on his arm. "Tailss. Come on."

You pass some burnt out shaft supports, which is surprising, as the roof seems to have no desire to collapse on you. Some have small iron cages dangling, swaying slightly in the draft that blows at your back. It's quiet, except for the dripping of a distant water source that reverberates throughout the mine.
You figure that the mine is probably curving towards the center of the mountain.

After about ten minutes of walking through corridors of plain stone, not running to any one of the dangers that were reported, and no valuable ore either, with no end in sight yet, you literally stumble across a human skeleton, with it's last rags of clothing rotting away. It probably was here for hundreds of years. It lies there with it's hand outstretched.
After a cursoury glance at the corpse, Cade and Celles turn to go. However, Edgrick notices some scratches on the wall. They look like Common, but a really old dialect. It translates to (after some editing): "Run, run, run! They have me! Dont let them get you. You will feel them in your soul. Leave Kalgena to the fires of the Orcs. Leave the gold, leave the gems, and leave the crystals to my masters... no no no nonononononononono" Here the writing ends, becoming unintelligible.
Hix'ix'ix is digging through the bones, and pulls out a short, rusty knife. "Mussst have taken hissss own life."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2014, 08:28:11 pm »

"Wonderful. Sounds like mind-twisters of some sort, or outsiders. Either way, not something easy to deal with. Cade, if you could keep some detection spells going from now on, I would greatly appreciate it. The girls will smell anything that can be observed in such a manner, but that's no guarantee, as was shown to me fairly recently."

Celles gestured to the kobold for the knife, with neither assumption nor expectation, just a simple acknowledgement of the fact that this was the type of thing was why they had been hired, and she knew weapons fairly well, at least, if not how to inspect a body. The crusader wouldn't be able to tell whether he'd truly killed himself or not, and it didn't really matter. But what might...

"As well, if either of you has a way of identifying magic weapons, that would be nice. I would rather not have a cursed knife try to bring me to the same end our friend here did."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

Hix'ix'ix hurriedly drops the knife, kicking it back down the tunnel and hisses at it.
"I aint dyin to a ssstupid knife."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2014, 11:07:09 pm »

Gartens sighs. "Well, unless it comes flying back at you, it's probably not cursed. You already touched it, and from what I know of cursed items, they aren't that easy to get rid of. So there's that, at least. Although if anyone brought tongs that would still be preferred."

She heads down the tunnel toward the knife, her dogs accompanying her. They, as usual, were alert for danger, even if their rather oblivious master had her mind on other things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2014, 11:20:56 pm »

((As a note, he kicked it back the way you came.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2014, 01:53:59 am »

"I could detect magic, but I can't do that all the time, so I'm saving it for until we have multiple items to inspect at once, instead of just a single knife."

Cade hums in thought for a minute as he tries to remember what information he knows about orcs in this region, and if this is what they are capable of. He also then thinks of what kind of magical effects might do this. (Knowledge: Nature check followed by a Knowledge: Arcane check)

1d20+10 → [7,10] = (17)

1d20+10 → [9,10] = (19)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67