Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52425 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #660 on: June 07, 2014, 07:43:46 pm »

Alaris cracks a sun rod and tosses it into the middle of the room.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:58 pm »

Edgrick looks at Alaris without a word...

Make sure I still have the bow ready and move to the north door to listen at it and search for traps if nothing is revealed by the sunrod. After checking the door search the kitchen for anything of value, such as, say, the target item.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

Alaris smiles and waggles her eyebrows at Edgrick. "Oh, relax. Haven't you ever broken into a place before? For one, I don't think the guards around here are going to shoot first and ask questions later..." She glances at the drawn bow in Edgrick's hands, "Like you seem to want to do..." She then begins quickly and quietly shuffling through drawers and cabinets, looking for anything interesting or out of the ordinary."And for another thing, you have to act like you're supposed to be here. Just walk in like you know exactly what you're doing, and always have a cover story ready beforehand. I might have to teach you two some things after this."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 10, 2014, 03:28:21 am »

"Oh right, like that joke? A bard, a clerk and a wizard walk into some rich folk's kitchen and steal a magical mace... I'm not shooting anyone first, just sending them to sleep. And no, I've never robbed anywhere I haven't extensively checked out first."

Edgrick nevertheless puts his weapons away and starts acting all innocentlike, stopping short of whistling whilst looking in the air.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »

((Sorry about the lateness of this.))

Laura Godkissed:
"Tell me about it, ya crazy lady."
He calls over a server and orders another beer. With it in his hand, he swirls it lightly. Staring at the brown liquid, he considers the question.
"I can only hope it only blowsss up Kalgena. But I don't come to drink to talk about work. What did you get up to today?”

Joes Arlandt:
You send off the letter by stagecoach. They promise you that it will arrive within a few days. You return to your room to trance, awaken in the morning, and stare out at the tide of miners leaving for the mines. Grubby faces glance at their comrades with half-suspicion and half-comradery. A young, even grubbier, man darts through the crowd, his hands disappearing into people’s pockets. He is quickly grabbed, roughed up, and his pockets rooted through. Purses are returned to miners, and they move on, leaving the man lying on the side of the road.

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
“They should protect you from psychic manipulation. I-obviously-can’t test them, but they should work.” He stops for a moment, looking guilty, staring at your feet.
“Since these are a rough, untested prototype, there might be some problems. Don’t worry! They will shield you, but there might be some feedback from their blocking, I can’t be sure without testing it first.”

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
*Secret rolls*
Alaris and Cade here a bump from the second floor.
The sunrod illuminates the room, revealing nothing interesting.
(Search (Take 20): 30)
There are no traps on the north door.
(Search (Take 20): 30, Appraise: 18)
Rummaging through the drawers and cabinets, Edgrick and Alaris find about 68 gold in silverware, china and glassware.
Cade indicates that the target is further on, so Edgrick swings open the north door, revealing a dining room. Paintings of dwarves line the walls. The long table is unset and covered by a very expensive table cloth. 16 chairs sit along the table.  A door leads to the east and the north.
Code: [Select]
____=_____
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????dd|
|??????dd|
|??????dd|
|??????kk|
__=_____=_

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »

"What kind of feedback, and why haven't you tested this with a psion or something? For that matter, how did you manage to make this stuff without a psion?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2014, 06:47:33 pm »

Walk over to the young man. "Are you alright?"

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2014, 07:36:52 pm »

Stuff the valuables in a sack. Leave said sack just outside the door we came in through. Bring the Sunrod into the dining room and also take any dinnerware out on the table.
Alaris notices her teammates watching her obviously stealing everything and looks at them innocently, "What? It's part of my cover story."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 11, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

Laura shrugs. "I played healer at the church cop place until god said no more healing for the day, then meditated for hours until she said I could do more magic again. Then I visited my new friend Negop and helped him dig through boxes looking for an expensive spell thingamajig. Then I told him I had to go drink with you, but showed up at the bar two hours early. I'm not good with time. My brain doesn't do that funny clock thing where it shut off for a few hours like everybody else's does."

The cleric looks towards the door of the tavern and smiles, before taking a big gulp of her drink. "Well... My day was boring, and yours was neither fun nor allowable to talk about... So why don't we finish our dizzy juice and find something to do. There is alot of Kalgena I need to see before the Crimson Mountaineer blows it all up!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2014, 02:25:59 am »

"Well, if we take just what we're here for then it'll be easier to look for the perpetrators, right? Say, you here that above?"

Bag up and steal the tablecloth and also dump it by the exit. Search the room for hidden compartments including the required item and then Search the northern door. Also listen at it for people beyond. Is there a key in the east door? If so, Search the door and then lock it. If the northern door appears safe, open it Silently.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2014, 11:22:12 am »

"Now you're getting it. If we just take the item, they'll know that's all we were here for, but if we steal everything that isn't nailed down as well, they'll think we just found it while ransacking the place and took it because it was shiny."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:51 am »

Gregory Guy and Celles Gartens:
He lowers his voice, with an awkward tone to it. “They might deliver a temporary shock, disorienting you. I can’t be sure until field testing, as the Coalition doesn’t employ psions. However, that doesn’t mean that others haven’t done similar things and left notes.”
He digs through the mess on his workbench, and, after some time, triumphantly retrieves a scroll case. From it, he pulls yellowed scroll, with arcane writing and diagrams carefully drawn on it. “This was part of a gift of notes on combating psions given to a cleric of Boccob about 130 years ago by a Hunter. Since, it’s been passed around between churches of Boccob, and now it’s here.”

Joes Arlandt:
He’s now sitting with his back to the wall of a building, staring at the passing crowds as you approach. When he notices you noticing him, he glares at you suspiciously.
“Bugger off.”
He’ll have a black eye in the morning, and a few small cuts that should scab over soon.

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
*Secret rolls*
The table is unset, and the sunrod reveals nothing new. The paintings are labeled with the clan name ‘Steeltunnel’.
(Search: North door: 24) (Search: East door: 28) (Search: Dining room: 18)
Neither of the doors are trapped, and are completely safe. No secret compartments appear. Cade continues to indicate that the target is further still.
(MS: 11) ((This does not necessitate a critical failure.))
Edgrick swings the door open, revealing a hallway, stretching to the east, north and south. There is a door leading to the north, and there are two staircases leading up, one at each end of the hall.

Code: [Select]
____=_____
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|???h??*?|
|shhhhhhs|
|???h??dd|
|??????dd|
|??????dd|
|??????kk|
__=_____=_

Laura Godkissed:
“Hold up. You don’t sssleep? No, don’t anssswer that. Let’sss go find sssome ssstreet preformersss.”
((Is Laura carrying a coin purse?))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:12 am »

Whoopsie!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:23:36 am by AlleeCat »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:58 pm »

(Nah. I'd say she keeps, say, 20 gold on her, stashed throughout her pockets, unless she knows she is buying something worth more than that. At least some of Laura's quirkiness is a constructed persona. With her WIS score, she can't be a total fool, and certanately wouldn't carry around hundreds of gold on a loose hanging purse through a city like Kalg)

"Sounds fun. Lead the way Hixi! I wonder if we will find any of the fun people who eat swords or kiss snakes."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:27:17 am by Weirdsound »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 13, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »

"Is it still relevant to modern psionics, then?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 67