Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52397 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #675 on: June 13, 2014, 11:54:09 pm »

"As you wish."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 14, 2014, 01:31:59 am »

Laura Godkissed:
((RNG, what will the players encounter? 90, huh? This should be fun.))
The streets are packed with hundreds of people, all solemnly walking towards the city gates. They are dressed in robes with one side as black as night. The other side is dyed with brillant flourishes of orange, red and yellow.
(K: ?: 3)
What a bunch of weirdos. Beside you, Hix’ix’ix respectfully stands aside to allow the throngs past. He leans against the tavern’s front, solemnly watching the parade.

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
He rocks back on his heels, thinking. After about a minute of balancing in that position, he comes out of it with a little hop-skip-and-jump, striking a small pose.
“I have no idea.”

Joes Arlandt:
You return to your room, and your view of the street. After a few minutes, the young man stands, stretches, and vanishes into thin air with a ripple of black.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #677 on: June 14, 2014, 10:31:10 pm »

Wait until proper business hours, and arrange to speak to Redmountain. Spend the intervening time working up a psionic focus and trying to figure out who (and what) the guildmaster was.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 14, 2014, 11:22:53 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
(Gather Information: 10)
You ask around in the bar about guilds in Kalgena, and they tell you there's a guild for every trade. No honest tradesman would want a mind-controlling parasite, not even here in Kalgena.
There's not even enough to go on about the Guildmaster's nature.
Frustrated, you leave to see Redmountain, calming down by the end of your walk. You soon find yourself in Redmountain's office with the dwarf looking expectantly at you.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2014, 09:56:07 am »

Bring sun rod, search room. Steal anything that can be eaten with or off of.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:44 am »

"I've encountered some information about your Project that might be of interest to you. Is it safe to talk about here?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:44 pm »

Laura watches the crowd go by with an amused look on her face. Usually large solemn groups in robes meant some religious procession...

"Who are they Hixi?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 16, 2014, 01:05:28 am »

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
*More secret rolls*
Cade hears a foot step on the top of the stairs, and spins around. At the top of the stairs is a fat dwarf wearing a night gown. While this sight is, alone, rather non-threatening, the presence of a rather large crossbow in his hands changes that.
"Get the hell outta my house. Right now." To emphasize the point, he loads his crossbow.

Joes Arlandt:
"Yes, yes, of course!" He waves for you to sit down, and lowers the blinds. He pulls out a small stone, and hands it to you, gesturing for you to touch it. You do so, and he begins to sign to you, while speaking to you in Common.
"So, how's the atrium coming along?"
<Talk like this. However, don't stop speaking.>

Laura Godkissed:
He looks at you with a look of surprise.
"I thought you were religousss. They're asking Pelor to allow the sssun to return after the eclipssse tomorrow. It'sss a very old tradition. They keep it up even though we know that Pelor doesssn't actually take away the sssun during an eclipssse."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2014, 11:29:00 am »

[CON]"Oh, hello there. Church Coalition, infectious epidemics division." Alaris flashes her badge. "There's been a disease spreading around, and it seems to spread via contaminated kitchenware. Unfortunately, we will need to take all of yours back to headquarters for testing. I really apologize for the inconvenience, sir."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #684 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

"It's coming along quite well. We even managed acquire a few rare specimens we hadn't expected to find."

<I met an... interesting gentleman last night. He wished to acquire one of your eggs. Attempted to intimidate me into doing his dirty work. Once he determines that I won't do as he wishes, he'll probably send a thief after it. You don't need me to tell you all the ways that could go horribly wrong, do you?>

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 16, 2014, 12:40:45 pm »

Laura shrugs and smiles. "I keep a deity. I feed her, and water her, and talk about her if I think it will make people happy. The word 'religious' is usually used to talk about people who use their deity's to help them be scary and get more of what they want from people who don't understand deities."

She lowers her voice. "Imagine that you lived years ago, and didn't know that the sun has the moon well trained to spit him out each time she eats him. Now imagine those guys told you they could guarantee that they could make the moon spit the sun out after the eclipse. When it inevitably happened, you would give them thanks and gold, and they would be able to buy their nice robes and fancy temples."

Placing her hand on the Kobold's shoulder, she looks him in the eye. "Most clerics cheat. They chum the waters, and make the fish agitated, sad, or frightened before they cast their line. They bait their hooks with promises of safety and happiness, but when the fish bite, they drag the fish ashore and cut them apart... processing them for their material things, or even their very bodies and souls to use as pawns in some cosmic war beyond our understanding. I don't do that. I don't like people who do that. I find the fish who are already sad or afraid, and swim with them awhile until they are feeling better."

Her voice drops a bit during the speech, becoming a bit more clear and deep than it usually is. "You just told me you know scary things. Very scary things that could go boom. But yet you give respect and attention to people who want you to think everything is okay because their god will put the sun back tomorrow. Lets go find you that street performer, and focus on the things that make you happy."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2014, 12:07:06 am »

Last update until Friday.

Alaris Valentis, Edgric Browne and Cade Thorngage.

You flash your badge, and he lowers his crossbow slightly. "I want to see your warrant."

Joes Arlandt:

Redmountain gives you a quizzical look.
"I'm just glad that you were asked to come in and take a look at my garden before the infestation got out of hand."
<Of course not. We know what danger these creature pose, which is why I'm doubling security. Can you give me any information on him? I'd like to discourage him in person.>

Laura Godkissed:

Hix'ix'ix loss at the night sky for a moment, thinking on your words.
"That's as deep. Didn't except it from you."
You wander the streets, and in a corner of the city where the worshippers have already passed, you find a sorcerer entertaining a small crowd with displays of magic.
*secret rolls*
You spot a pickpocket working the crowd.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:29:29 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2014, 07:14:14 pm »

"The bugs were introduced when you planted that new sapling. I recommend that you be more careful with your acquisitions in the future."

<I didn't get a good look at him, but he had himself a well kept garden in the middle of the desert. Likes to decorate with images of demons, likes to blow smoke and smells like brimstone. Whoever he is, he certainly likes to play up the "Demon" motif. Says he likes to keep his ancient horrors close at hand, and threatened me with the psionic hunt. Again, I recommend you just destroy the eggs and have done with it. He can't steal them if they're destroyed.>

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 20, 2014, 11:12:14 am »

[PSIONIC CHARM]"Actually, section 8, subsection 4 of the Church Coalition Guidelines states that in the event of an epidemic, no warrant is needed to search a home for contaminates."
Alaris scribbles "Celles Gartens" onto a piece of paper and hands it to him.
"That's my superior. If you go to the Coaltion headquarters and talk to her first thing in the morning, she'll help you get reimbursed for your trouble. In the meantime, if you could stay in your bedroom and out of our way, it would really help the investigation."
"Oh, and don't worry, we're only here to test for the infection. If we find any... contraband... we are legally required to ignore it."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »

A huge grin erupts across Laura's face. "'Deep' and 'Thick' would mean the same thing if solids were liquid and liquids solid. I am made of both flesh and blood. Nothing and everything I do should be surprising."

---

Laura sniffs the air, trying to pick up on the emotions of both the Sorcerer and the Pickpocket, from which she might be able to derive their intent. Could they be cahoots? Is the pickpocket desperate, or just greedy? Why was this Sorcerer reduced to whoring himself him or herself out for pocket change on the street?

Sense Motive: 1d20+13=28

As she approaches the crowd with Hix'ix'ix, she bends down and whispers into the Kobold's ear. "Keep your eyes on that Pocket Farmer over there. That sort will gladly harvest your gold if given half a chance. If you find (him/her) to be distracting you from enjoying the show, do let me know. I'll keep him/her busy for a bit. Pocket Farmers make for great conversations."

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67