Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52451 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2014, 05:56:46 pm »

Alaris gets up and lazily opens the door, still standing in her underwear with a groggy expression on her face. "When and where?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:33 am »

Joes Arlandt:
You exchange contact details for the Council, and Redmountain waddles excitedly to his office, leaving you and Hix'ix'ix alone. He shows you the door.
((Everyone is on different days! ARGH! Uh... delaying tactics!))
You take a shortcut through an alley on your way to the Stained Brick, and behind you, you hear three men follow you. Judging from their footfalls, they want trouble.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #632 on: June 02, 2014, 12:27:29 am »

How far is between me and them? How far between me and the other exit of the alley?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 02, 2014, 12:28:30 am »

They are just five feet in the alley, while you are two-thirds of the way out.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #634 on: June 02, 2014, 12:31:24 am »

Turn around and flourish my staff impressively. "Can I help you, Gentlemen?" If they charge me, manifest a 2nd level Astral Construct between me and them, and book it for the exit.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:33:21 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 02, 2014, 12:34:36 am »

"Ya. The Guildmaster wants to talk." They all draw dingy shortswords.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 02, 2014, 02:53:12 am »

"Now and a few hundred feet away. Or just meet us here tomorrow at 11 to observe the exchange for a sixth or a third if you need to draw a blade... Up to you, but your help will be gratefully received in either case. My apologies for disturbing you at such an hour."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #637 on: June 02, 2014, 08:45:03 am »

"I'd be happy to speak to him. Can you tell me what about?"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:22:11 pm by Angle »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2014, 01:01:55 pm »

Alaris rubs the sleep from her eyes. "Ten minutes."
She promptly slams the door and rustles around in her room for a while, coming out fully equipped and ready to leave approximately ten minutes later.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 03, 2014, 02:36:14 pm »

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
You all make your way to the alley behind the target, a large villa just off main street. There is the main entrance, and two doors that open into the alley. The villa is two stories tall, and there are only a few windows, on the front of the house, on the second story.
What’s your plan of attack?

Joes Arlandt:
“No. Now get in the carriage.” At that, a carriage rolls up, blocking their end of the alley, and its door opens.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #640 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »

"Certainly." Calmly walk up and get in the carriage. If any of them take a swing at me, cast Grease underneath them and book it in the opposite direction.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 03, 2014, 11:54:53 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
Once you are safely inside, the carriage rattles down the cobblestone streets. The windows are sealed shut, so you have no idea where you are being taken. You swear that you go in circles at one point, but you end up in a stable house, lit only by the light of a single lantern. (Spot: 22) Before you are rushed into the main building by the teamster, you glance out at a well-kept garden in the middle of the desert. After being whisked through carpeted hallways, lined with paintings of demonic figures, you are left in a room with a crackling fireplace and a large, high back chair, turned so it faces the fire. All you can see of the chair's occupant are two legs.
"I hope my men did not injure you too much, Mr. Arlandat. I tried to express onto them your potential."
There is a pause, and a small wad of smoke wafts up, as if the figure is smoking a cigar. You sniff the air, and smell brimstone instead of tobacco.
"Approximately two hours ago, you entered a highly secure warehouse containing Puppeteer eggs. Bring me one."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #642 on: June 04, 2014, 02:28:16 pm »

"Is everyone in this town crazy? Don't you people have any idea how dangerous these things are? They're not toys, damnit!"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 04, 2014, 11:09:46 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Yes. I know exactly how dangerous they are. However, danger is how I make money. And I make a lot of money. You know what's also dangerous? A Hunt, hot on the trail of a psionic."
He's referring to a Hunt of Psion Hunters. Every psionic creature knows of the Psion Hunters, an informal inquisition against psions.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #644 on: June 04, 2014, 11:17:10 pm »

"The eggs may hatch any day now. Even if I could get it to you, it'd likely as not hatch before you could even sell it."

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 67