Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52424 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #645 on: June 04, 2014, 11:23:44 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"And why would I want to sell a weapon like that?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #646 on: June 04, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »

"Because you want it as far from you as possible. Those things are trouble. You may be a big player, but these things are old, and I'm not aware of a single incident someones gotten the best of them other than by killing the lot."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:31 pm »

Joe's Arlandt:
The chair begins to laugh a laugh that is on a first name basis with Diabolical.
"I like to keep my ancient horrors close at hand. Very, very close."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2014, 11:25:39 am »

Are there any lights on in any of the windows?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

No, the house is completely dark.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »

((I proposed a vague plan in the ooc))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2014, 01:16:47 pm »

Sigh. "Alright, I'll try and get you your puppeteer."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2014, 12:54:11 am »

Joes Arlandt:
"Good man. We won't talk again."
You are whisked back down stairs, back into the carriage, and are dumped outside the Stained Brick. You wander back in, trance, and spend the morning hours wondering what to do about your new assignment.

Laura Godkissed:
During her off hours, Godkissed wandered the streets of Kalgena. The city was scared, tensed up after the arrest of the Gut Bandit. Muggings, accidental deaths, gang violence, these were accepted risks of living in Kalgena. But a serial killer? That was a whole other bag of worms. The situation was compounded by the power struggle in the Enforcer's Guild and the sudden appearance of a Hunt of Psion Hunters. People after your guys, your brains, and your wallet? This was simply to much for the citizens of Kalgena. Any history of Kalgena would mark these days as the beginning of a new period in Kalgena's story, if the city didn't implode.
Her new friends were split of the topic. Matthew Negop, an up-and-coming sorcerer, was convinced that it would blow over, and that Kalgena would stabilize, while her new drinking buddy, a kobold foreman for the AMC named Hix'ix'ix, is convinced that it's going to crumble, and soon. He drowns his miseries in alchol, and then puts on a good face for his employer. He's just returned from a late night of working, and orders a Dragonbite Beer, and sits at your table with a sigh.

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
You determine that the best door is the right one. Browne finds no traps. Cade pulls out his scroll and activates it.
Map:
? is unrevealed terrain.
_ and | are walls.
= are doors.
* is the possible locations of the weapon.

Code: [Select]
____=_____
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
__=_____=_

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:36 am »

”Cado, keep a look out while I get this door open. What spells have you got prepared? Alaris, will you come in with me? I suggest I unlock this, get a sleep arrow notched, and then you silently open up…”

Unlock the door! Quietly. Then prepare a sleep arrow in my bow and wait for the door to be opened.

(+12 lock opening, +10 hide/move silently but I'll let you roll. Presumably I can take 10 or 20 for the lock?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:46:31 am by lawastooshort »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2014, 03:42:25 am »

"Rough Day Hixi? Wear yourself out playing worker ant, or worrying that we all are soon to be names on a wall in a haunted ruin?

Laura paused to nurse her glass. She liked booze because it made others feel less sad, and because it was a good way to break the ice, but she sometimes had mixed feelings about how it made her feel. "So, find anything interesting in the anthill to bring back to the queen recently? Or would you rather not talk about ant time during drink time?"

As Laura listened to the Kobold's response, she sniffed the air. Some Planetwisted had claws for grappling, some had extra eyes for seeing, and others still had legs like springs for jumping. Laura had a gift like that too. She could smell emotion. To Laura, a bar was like a garden, where the odors of sweet flowers mingled with the stank of fertilizer. Her hobby, her life work really, was to seek out those who stunk of misery and do what she could to make them happy. Hix'ix'ix, she had recently decided, was to be her next project.

(Nobody hesitate to ask if you need an English Translation of strange Laura speak)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 06, 2014, 10:19:01 am »

"Put the damn bow down. You're being way too paranoid."
Open the door and immediately walk in.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 07, 2014, 12:12:59 am »

((No update tomorrow night. :( Going camping with some friends. :)))

Edgrick Browne, Alaris Valentis and Cade Thorngage:
(Open: 30, Browne MS: 29, Valentis MS: 9, Thorngage MS: 8)
*secret rolls*

The door swings open, revealing a kitchen. It's on the large side, able to feed lots of people, but it looks like only a few people get fed often here. There is a door going north, and a door going west.
Alaris struts in, 'quietly', followed by Cade, while Edgrick moves in like a shadow.
It is very dark in the kitchen. Alaris considers pulling out a Sunrod.

The map tiles =/= 5 foot squares.
Code: [Select]
____=_____
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????*?|
|??????kk|
__=_____=_

Laura Godkissed:
Hix'ix'ix smells like a bad mood. He practically growls at you when he spits out the following canned phrase. "Can't talk about it. Company busssinesss." He downs half a tankard, and looks over his shoulder.
He has relaxed considerably, and turns back to you. "Look, I can't sssay much or Redmountain will have my head, but have you ever had an employer who was carrying a barrel of booze near an open flame? It'sss like that, but worssse."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 07, 2014, 10:41:16 am »

Laura takes a sip and scratches her chin. "I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Crimson Mountaineer, but the sort of person it would to run something like the Amcee is the sort of person who would hurl a sack of Smokeless Powder at a red dragon if he thought it would make the glittery stuff. Some people are incapable of having fun with any toy other than money or power, and it isn't always fun being stuck in the same nursery as them."

The cleric puts her feet up on the table and looks the Kobold in the eye before taking a sip. "I'll take it our booze barrel is big enough to make all of Kalgena go boom if it gets fired?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #658 on: June 07, 2014, 06:17:41 pm »

Write another letter, again in code, this time telling them about the latest developments and requesting an immediate Correspond (The psionic long range communication power. It's 4th level.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 07, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

Celles looks mildly suspicious at the goggles, though she takes them from Gregory politely and tries them on. They would never fit him in their current state.
"Ah, may I ask what they're supposed to do, then?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 67