Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52460 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:04 am »

"Business documents? That's what you want us to take back? How will we recognise them, and where do you suspect them to be?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 27, 2014, 11:28:13 am »

"I know where they are, and I will reveal how to find them tomorrow night. I need to make sure that you are serious about this."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #602 on: May 27, 2014, 12:01:56 pm »

Use all of my knowledges very liberally over the entire area, and detect psionics too. Also find a moment to look studious and take 20 on concentrate to get my focus back.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 27, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »

(Knowledge: History: 21)
(Knowledge: Psionics: 19)

The scratches are actually writing. Judging from the dialect, it is probably about 600 years old, so before Tomann and Mirathien split. They roughly translate to "Run, run, run! They have me! Dont let them get you. You will feel them in your soul. Leave Kalgena to the fires of the Orcs. Leave the gold, leave the gems, and leave the crystals to my masters... no no no nonononononononono"
"They" are undoubtedly the Puppeteers.

"Disssturbing, isssn't it?"

There is no sign of Psionics nearby.

Hix'ix'ix leads you further down the tunnel, which begins to turn to the right, bending into the heart of the mountain. He stops near a cleared cave in. There are blood stains on the floor, and the corpses of some worm-like creatures, with more teeth than you'd like to count, lie where they fell.
(Knowledge: Psionics: 13)
They seem to be some sort of Puppeteer, but this breed is new to you.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #604 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »

"Disturbing indeed. I find it hard to believe that Redmountain thinks he'll gain any benefit from dealing with these puppeteers." Examine them for differences from normal puppeteer physiology, and to determine how recently they were killed. If it was recent, ask Hix’ix’ix about how they were discovered.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:47 am »

"I know where they are, and I will reveal how to find them tomorrow night. I need to make sure that you are serious about this."

”Okay. Come back tomorrow night and we will perform the requested task. It would aid our chances of success if you could give us a rough location though, say, a building, so we can reconnoitre the target before tomorrow. Well, you know, that’s what I would expect if a client were serious about this. Serious enough to spend 900 gold. If it’s important and or dangerous I like to be prepared.”

Edgrick couldn’t decide if it was better to tell the man he was a liar, or to know that he was a liar. He’d mull it over between now and then. He wondered what it actually was that he was going to steal, and who from, and why, but figured for the moment he wasn’t in a position to get this information, and that he could just kind of go along with things for now…

If no further conversation arises, then rest until we meet the scrying job contacts in the night (can we advance to it if Zako has what he needs?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:11:00 am by lawastooshort »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 28, 2014, 09:14:14 am »

"The date for the job is fine with me. I can just do my stuff after it for a few days, and the payment would definitely help with my things."

Go ahead and advance to the scrying job. Make sure to be well rested and ready before hand and spend plenty of time in the day going over how to do scrying before doing the job. (Take 20 on the needed knowledge check.)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 28, 2014, 01:23:21 pm »

"I need to know what kind of place it is so I can prepare equipment. A residence would need different tools to break into than, say, a warehouse."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 29, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
(K:P: 26)
These creatures are considerably larger than the normal Puppeteer, about four feet long, and have a mouth of razor sharp teeth. Their tails end in two strange blades. On further thought, these are probably the Flesh Harrower breed, bred for combat.
“I helped bring thessse down the day before yesssterday. We alssso took down their  Queen.” Hix’ix’ix puffs out his chest, proud of his prowess.
(Heal: 3) Well, these creatures seem to be dead.
Hix’ix’ix leads you into the next chamber, which contains the corpse of a giant purple worm-like creature. It’s been beheaded. The walls are coated with a curiously glowing fungus. There is little left in this room, other than a patch of floor stained with bodily fluids. It’s not blood, it’s more jelly-like.

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
The young man sighs, and gives you an address for an office on the other side of Kalgena.

Most people are ignorant about what scrying involves. It's the arcane observation of a person from a distance, requiring expensive materials and a powerful caster. Most people just want to find an object, which takes Detect Object, a much easier spell to preform.

You part ways with Alaris (I am assuming), and meet with the men in a  crowded bar. They hand Cade a piece of paper with a drawing of a roughly crafted morningstar draped in beads and large feathers springing off of the hilt. There is an address at the bottom.
The two men grin as they stand to leave. “You should be able to find it near that. Come back at noon tomorrow, and we’ll have your payment. Good luck.”
And with that, they are gone.
Well, you retrieving the object certainly wasn’t part of the deal.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 29, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »

Case the office. Jot down an easy entrance and an easy exit. Find out if there are people coming and going regularly.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #610 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »

"Impressive. Did the use any powers on you?" Examine the fungus. Do I recognize it? Examine as well the stains on the floor - is that puppeteer blood, or something stranger? Use all my knowledges, and detect psi on everything. It lasts 4 minutes for one power point, so I should be good.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 30, 2014, 12:13:55 am »

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
You find your new offices, and sit down at a table, to look over the list.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The rest of the names have had only second degree connections with the Puppeteers. Except for the last name.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alaris Valentis:
In the morning, you join the tide of miners heading off to work, but split off and hide in an alley. (Taking a 20) No one notices you as you watch the office. Office workers arrive, and messengers scurry around. It quiets down for lunch, as most leave to eat at a nearby restaurants. Most people leave after four, but there are still a few people working late, but they are gone by eight. A few guards are left, each on a different, designated route.

Joes Arlandt:
Hix'ix'ix gives a toothy grin. "They tried."
(K:D:13) This fungus is unknown to you.
(Heal: 22) This is Puppeteer birthing fluid. It eases the birthing process and protects the eggs as they gestate. It has light healing properties and can accelerate normal healing. It's presence indicates that there were Puppeteer eggs here recently, but that's not a surprise.
Detect Psionics doesn't see anything in this chamber, but there is are moderate strength sources of psionics on the other side of a rock wall, covered with fungus like the others. You count 36, but there might be more out of your range.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #612 on: May 30, 2014, 12:16:56 am »

Can I tell what size? Might these be more puppeteer eggs?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 30, 2014, 08:51:40 am »

Knowledge check regarding that picture of the weapon. Do I know what it is, beyond a morningstar?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 31, 2014, 12:57:10 am »

Joes Arlandt:
No, and they probably aren't. The Puppeteer eggs give off a Telepathy aura, while these give off a Psychokinesis aura.

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
(K:Geography: 19)
You can tell that it's an orcish weapon from the southern tribes. A shaman horde leader would carry a weapon like this.
(K:Arcana: 12)
Often, these weapons are used to channel magic. Whether or not they have intrinsically magical properties is up for debate.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67