Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47656 times)

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2014, 11:45:17 am »

Im trying to create a character, a Elf Wizard, im having trouble deciding wich spells should i take or have... Im confused  :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:46 am »

Hey I'm the spellcaster around here! :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:14 am »

Im trying to create a character, a Elf Wizard, im having trouble deciding wich spells should i take or have... Im confused  :P
Remember, you need to take at least four LA of Extra Stuff. You can't just be an elven wizard; you have to be an elven Lich Wizard or something.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:14 am »

But find something more original, being dead is my thing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:17 am »

Indeed, far better to be some sort of crazy thing you find in a monster manual somewhere. I instituted the "LA +4 Minimum" rule specifically to force people to make more interesting characters :P.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:55 am »

Can anyone give me a good Character Sheet? im going crazy with my piece of paper :P

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2014, 12:01:31 pm »

Remember, you need to take at least four LA of Extra Stuff. You can't just be an elven wizard; you have to be an elven Lich Wizard or something.

Also, We have a sorcerer already, as well as a bard, and also a warlock. Along with a rogue... We need someone for melee, please- Also, melee characters tend towards being easier to play- (I attack this one! I hit this one Harder! I charge that one!)

Can anyone give me a good Character Sheet? im going crazy with my piece of paper :p

Go to Myth-Weavers. That's what we're all using, and it gives you all of the things you need.
If you want some basic help genning, just look up a javascript 3.5 character generator- I know there's a good one out there (I use it for ease)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

Okey, i will make a melee character, maybe a fighter, since i never played before im going to trust you :P

EDIT: It seems i cant use Myth-Weavers?, maybe because i live in Portugal?, i dont realy know..

EDIT:How much money do we start with?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:19:51 pm by McMagma »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2014, 12:26:14 pm »

I can't use myth weavers ether. It must be down. Also the group don't really need melee dudes, you should make whatever you want. Additionally the warlock is going with a melee build, and he is probably going to do more damage in melee and be harder to kill then anyone else. The starting money is 150,000

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2014, 12:48:34 pm »

Oops, didn't realize the warlock was going melee- since that's the case, go whatever. Since you're just using PHB, I won't suggest some of the crazier things that I like to do (Half-dragon Troll with 39 STR lvl 6, Yes please!)... Whatever you'd like to do, although I will point you to the SRD for extras that you won't find in just PHB. (Also, for our LA, pixies are awesome-Idea, pixie assassin? Could be pretty neat, and incredibly effective)

Also, if you just want to get your things on a sheet- as long as you make sure to keep it up(It won't save) this will work nicely, and you can directly transfer everything once Myth-weaver's is up again.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2014, 12:57:54 pm »

Im using this http://dnd3rd.sourceforge.net/ , when the Myth-Weavers is up again i will try to move to there.

EDIT: if i went with a pixie, can anyone help me build a character?, because i dont realy know how work with races without the core ones :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:23:10 pm by McMagma »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2014, 02:24:24 pm »

Originally I had planned on the lycanthrope being a pixie wereweasel, but I'm really tempted to play a human dire werewolf samurai (OA version), though I might want to go with a barbarian 1/ranger X (urban ranger variant) instead of a samurai.

EDIT: Actually, no. I think I'm going to play a factotum. Maybe.

EDIT EDIT:
Only if you retain that hit die in all your forms. Otherwise, it's included in "ability to turn yourself into X".

I'm slightly confused by this. Lycanthropes have the same number of HD and the same amount of HP no matter what form they're in.

McMagma: Sure, I can help. Do you know how to create a character using the normal SRD races?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:56:53 pm by Araph »

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2014, 04:13:26 pm »

McMagma: Sure, I can help. Do you know how to create a character using the normal SRD races?
I can make a human character, but when they start adding stuff like -2 , +2 on the stats i get confused because i dont know where to place them, like making a spell book for a wizard, i dont realy know how to make something good :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2014, 04:14:23 pm »

Originally I had planned on the lycanthrope being a pixie wereweasel, but I'm really tempted to play a human dire werewolf samurai (OA version), though I might want to go with a barbarian 1/ranger X (urban ranger variant) instead of a samurai.

EDIT: Actually, no. I think I'm going to play a factotum. Maybe.

EDIT EDIT:
Only if you retain that hit die in all your forms. Otherwise, it's included in "ability to turn yourself into X".

I'm slightly confused by this. Lycanthropes have the same number of HD and the same amount of HP no matter what form they're in.

Alright, then yes, you take that HD.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2014, 04:29:43 pm »

Is it too late to join? If not, is L.A. buy off a thing? If so, do all NPR classes count for L.A. buy off?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34