Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47659 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #300 on: January 04, 2014, 10:25:02 pm »

That's exactly what I just gave you the go-ahead to do. With one extra list of your choice.
Wait, did I totally derp that up? Did you mean that I know Cleric plus one and can learn more spells, or that I can only know Cleric plus one?

I think I totally derped that up.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »

Quick Question. Necropolitan is a template I could get through the course of the game, if I really tried. So could my backup character(dread necromancer) be a Necropolitan Half-Fey Deathtouched? Since it would be like starting at level 11 and then becoming 10 from Necropolitan. Plus, just annoying to try to get to +4 LA without being a Pixie again. I suppose I could, though...*sigh*. I just wanted more variety.
Spellwarped, Half-Fiend, Half Celestial are all decent +3/+4 LA Templates.  I mean, not exactly efficient, but they're decent.
Well, the problem is that I want to play a Dread Necromancer. Charisma is the key stat(more so than a lot of classes have key stats), and Spellwarped doesn't boost it, though the template is cool. Dread Necros need to be able to cast spells with Evil descriptor, so I can't be Half-Celestial. Half-Fiend gives a shoddy bonus to Charisma, meanwhile. And both the Half-Outsider templates have +4 LA, which means I can't be Deathtouched for the +4 to Charisma, if I want to have the most levels possible(spellcaster, so yeah). And, I really want to be undead, although I could become a Necropolitan or some other undead template/race after the game begins(Undead Dread Necros can heal themselves much more easily, as you might suspect).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 04, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »

Quick Question. Necropolitan is a template I could get through the course of the game, if I really tried. So could my backup character(dread necromancer) be a Necropolitan Half-Fey Deathtouched? Since it would be like starting at level 11 and then becoming 10 from Necropolitan. Plus, just annoying to try to get to +4 LA without being a Pixie again. I suppose I could, though...*sigh*. I just wanted more variety.
Yes.

On a note related to Rolepgeek, would you be willing to put an LA on the half-golem templates (Not necessarily all of them)? I'd really like to use one, but see little room for actually managing to get one in the game
Possibly. I'd have to look at them first.

That's exactly what I just gave you the go-ahead to do. With one extra list of your choice.
Wait, did I totally derp that up? Did you mean that I know Cleric plus one and can learn more spells, or that I can only know Cleric plus one?

You get to choose your spell list from the Cleric list as well as the full list of one other class, and you can potentially learn other spells in-game. For example, you could take as many Divine Bard spells and as many Cleric spells as you want, but you can't take Divine Bard spells at generation if you start with spells from a third divine class.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 04, 2014, 11:08:16 pm »

Schweet.

Skeleton army will come...ahahahahaAHAHAHAHAH!

Also, how developed is the world going to be, off-time and all that, will we be able to have grand overarching goals, or is it essentially going to be an endless arena of trials sprinkled occasionally with shopkeepers and fat lewt?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2014, 11:13:47 pm »

You get to choose your spell list from the Cleric list as well as the full list of one other class, and you can potentially learn other spells in-game. For example, you could take as many Divine Bard spells and as many Cleric spells as you want, but you can't take Divine Bard spells at generation if you start with spells from a third divine class.
Thank you for the clarification. I think I will be an archivist after all.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »

Schweet.

Skeleton army will come...ahahahahaAHAHAHAHAH!

Also, how developed is the world going to be, off-time and all that, will we be able to have grand overarching goals, or is it essentially going to be an endless arena of trials sprinkled occasionally with shopkeepers and fat lewt?

You just described Adventurer's Heaven
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2014, 11:16:31 pm »

The second, except I might end up making the challenge involve worldbuilding I create on the spot. For the most part, though, your task will be "Beat X Challenge, collect reward, prepare to beat Y Challenge".

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2014, 11:21:15 pm »

The second, except I might end up making the challenge involve worldbuilding I create on the spot. For the most part, though, your task will be "Beat X Challenge, collect reward, prepare to beat Y Challenge Die Horribly".
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2014, 11:28:50 pm »

The second, except I might end up making the challenge involve worldbuilding I create on the spot. For the most part, though, your task will be "Beat X Challenge, collect reward, prepare to beat Y Challenge Die Horribly".
Quite accurate, I applaud.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2014, 11:30:14 pm »

So, I intended to make a backup character that was going to be a metamagic-ing troll of a Lich, but I saw that everyone else was making undead spellcasters, so I'm going to make something completely different.
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »

My other backup character is an uber-lockdown crusader, probably. Don't know what race though. Maybe a Half-Ogre Goliath or something. Does Powerful Build increase reach, too?

Basically, I was asking because I wanted to know if massive undead armies would be worth anything. It would be fun to take over a kingdom or something. But I also tend to be more roleplay-ey even when we're doing arena-esque adventures. In terms of my actions, at least; when my character has a Charisma score of ether 28 or 29(depending on whether I give the third increase to his Charisma or not) and is in a spellcasting class entirely based on that stat...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »

My other backup character is an uber-lockdown crusader, probably. Don't know what race though. Maybe a Half-Ogre Goliath or something. Does Powerful Build increase reach, too?

Basically, I was asking because I wanted to know if massive undead armies would be worth anything. It would be fun to take over a kingdom or something. But I also tend to be more roleplay-ey even when we're doing arena-esque adventures. In terms of my actions, at least; when my character has a Charisma score of ether 28 or 29(depending on whether I give the third increase to his Charisma or not) and is in a spellcasting class entirely based on that stat...
No :(.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:44 pm »

Could I take a feat from the Dragonlance setting? It's not WOTC, but I thought I might as well ask.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2014, 12:10:17 am »

Damn.

Could we drop racial hit die from things and only use LA? Racial Hit Die are annoying. Or something...I wanna play a Giant. Particularly a Storm or Cloud Giant(since they're Huge), possibly even with the Half-Giant template if possible(not sure how else to get Powerful Build on a Huge creature), the problem is, it says "Storm Giants as characters", but doesn't give stats. This is annoying.

Of course, if you don't want to deal with that but are stll okay with dropping Racial Hit Die, I could be a Stone Giant. Might even add something to that(Half-Dragon Stone Giant, because AHAHAHAHAH wings ^^).

Are there any good armor materials that are made from stone? [X]stone Full Plate Armor worn by a Stone Giant seems fitting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2014, 12:17:57 am »

Yeah, My backup char is a half-dragon troll with 39 Strength, and 28 Con, although at this point, I don't actually have a class level (6 racial HD, +5 LA from Troll, +3 LA from half-dragon).. But I can take the -3 to attack from my non-proficiency in armor (While still having an attack bonus of 13.).

For a second backup, I'm thinking of doing something on an exotic mount. Do we have anyone interested in rolling up an aquatic party to use? DM, your thoughts on this?- Can we introduce extra chars to the game, and switch out between adventures?

*snip*
Are there any good armor materials that are made from stone? [X]stone Full Plate Armor worn by a Stone Giant seems fitting.

You could always go with dendritic armor (+9 Armor, +0 Max Dex, -8 Check Penalty, 240 lbs) or Dwarven Stone armor (Good luck with fluff, but it's +9 armor, +0 Max Dex, and -7 Check penalty, 320 lbs).. Pretty much the same, but the stone is a little cheaper, while the Dendritic lets you get out, and it auto-repairs/re-dons(8 hour regrowth).. Also, Dendritic gives an extra +2 to enemies trying to track you (Not that it should matter that much)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34