Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 46086 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [GNOME] - Collecting ideas
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:48 pm »

Oh my, we have another modder who can code dfhack. Judging from what you have done with the RAWs alone, this will turn out to be awesome.

Rumrusher made a mount-plugin/script a while ago, but its super broken. But you can ride mounts in adventure mode with it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »

DFHack is awesome.

Just started coding it and I'm nearly done with my first script: constructCreature, which lets you construct a creature in a workshop that directly incorporates one or more reagent materials into its own body.  I'm using it for clockworks, but it's also perfect for animated weapons and golems.  The only problem now is making their colors show up differently depending on the material they're composed of.  No idea how to pull that off, haha...

I haven't tested it out yet, but it might even be possible to get a creature to ride another creature (no idea what that would do for pathfinding though.)  Summoning creatures from the wild and releasing them are definitely doable.  Or exiling civ members by classifying them as wild animals...

Too...many...ideas...going...mad...with...power...

This might seem silly and a bit round about... but, couldn't you create separate creature files or each material type? Then put up a graphic's set that made them each seperately? It's a bit round about, but provided these are pets rather than castes in a civilization I think it might work?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2014, 03:04:43 am »

That would work... but the whole point of the code is to avoid all that extra redunancy.  This way, instead of having a reaction and a separate caste for each material, all you need is a single reaction and a single creature which will let you make a creature out of any material.  I can get the color data for the material but unfortunately graphics seem to be tied to the creature raws rather than the creature itself.  Not sure if it's possible to change the creature's species name but I did manage to incorporate the material into the creature's individual name.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2014, 03:38:31 am »

It's a pity material creatures don't work like inannimates, colored the same as whatever they're made out of.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2014, 04:47:28 am »

It does. On caste level. As he said:
I can get the color data for the material
The problem IndigoFenix has is sprites, which are different for each creature. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 02:22:35 pm »

The problem IndigoFenix has is sprites, which are different for each creature. ;)

No, I meant that something like a Bronze Golem versus an Iron Golem can't use a central, colorless, 'Golem' Sprite, that then has the color of the material applied over it as if it were say, a Bronze or Iron statue.

The color system for living civilization members as far as I can remember when it uses that system at all is to use their job color.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 03:17:04 pm »

No, I meant that something like a Bronze Golem versus an Iron Golem can't use a central, colorless, 'Golem' Sprite, that then has the color of the material applied over it as if it were say, a Bronze or Iron statue.

The color system for living civilization members as far as I can remember when it uses that system at all is to use their job color.

Both IndigoFenix and me just plain said: Adding caste specific colors is no problem. Gold golems can be gold, iron golems can be grey, same creatures, same sprite.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 04:05:48 pm »

Nope, sorry, you misunderstood... when I said I can get the color, I mean I can put it into a variable in the script.  I don't know how to turn that into a visual effect though.

I guess...it would be possible to make each constructed creature have 16 different castes that are identical except for color, and then use the color of the material to determine the caste within the script.  But that would mean that using the script to construct creatures with multiple castes wouldn't be possible.

Or it could simply be an optional parameter.  I think I'll do it that way.

I'm also making a whole druid-related system that lets you recruit the surrounding wildlife and release animals into the wild.  Could be a nice addition for elves if someone ever gets around to making them.  Exiling civ members too, though I don't know what that could be used for aside from getting rid of troublemakers without killing them.  I wonder if there's a way to add exile to the automatic penal system?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »

I guess...it would be possible to make each constructed creature have 16 different castes that are identical except for color, and then use the color of the material to determine the caste within the script.  But that would mean that using the script to construct creatures with multiple castes wouldn't be possible.
Well, it could be used. It would need 16 version of each caste though, which is somewhat silly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

What do exiled civ members do? Leave the map? I always wanted something like that for dwarves.

The animal taming sounds perfect for elves. :) They would be my pick for the next race, when I do another one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2014, 06:28:42 pm »

Since you like more complex traps:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TOTEM_BOOBY_TRAP]
[NAME:Construct a booby trap]
[BUILDING:BOMBARDIER:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:3:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:C:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOOBY_TRAP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

[REACTION:TOTEM_AMMO_WEB]
[NAME:Make webbing totem-bombs (3)]
[BUILDING:BOMBARDIER:CUSTOM_H]
[REAGENT:A:3:TOTEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:15000:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE][NOT_WEB]
[PRODUCT:100:3:AMMO:TOTEM:INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_WEB]

[REACTION:TOTEM_AMMO_SLEEP]
[NAME:Make sleeping totem-bombs (3)]
[BUILDING:BOMBARDIER:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLEEPING_POWDER:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:3:AMMO:TOTEM:INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_SLEEP]

[REACTION:TOTEM_AMMO_FIRE]
[NAME:Make fire totem-bombs (3)]
[BUILDING:BOMBARDIER:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BLACKPOWDER:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:100:3:AMMO:TOTEM:INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_FIRE]

[REACTION:TOTEM_AMMO_EXPLODE]
[NAME:Make exploding totem-bombs (3)]
[BUILDING:BOMBARDIER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:B:3:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BLACKPOWDER:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[REAGENT:C:3:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:3:AMMO:TOTEM:INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_EXPLODE]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_WEB]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE][UNDIGGABLE][MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:webbing][IS_STONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_WEB] [ITEMS_AMMO]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE][REACTION_CLASS:85]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_SPECIFIC_MAT]
[REACTION_CLASS:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_WEB_EMISSION]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_WEB_EMISSION]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][UNDIGGABLE][MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:silky webs]
  [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:silky webs]
         [SYN_CONTACT][SYN_INHALED]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:END:25]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_SLEEP]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:sleeping][IS_STONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_DUST] WEB[ITEMS_AMMO]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE][REACTION_CLASS:45]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_SPECIFIC_MAT]
[REACTION_CLASS:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_SLEEP_EMISSION]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_SLEEP_EMISSION]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE][UNDIGGABLE][MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:sleeping powder]
  [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:sleeping gas]
         [SYN_CONTACT][SYN_INHALED]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:0:END:1500]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_FIRE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:fire][IS_STONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FIREBREATH] WEB[ITEMS_AMMO]

[INORGANIC:TOTEM_AMMO_KOBOLD_EXPLODE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:explode][IS_STONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_DRAGONFIRE] WEB[ITEMS_AMMO]

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOOBY_TRAP]
[NAME:booby-trap:booby-traps]
[SIZE:500]
[SKILL:CROSSBOW]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:TOTEM]
[SHOOT_FORCE:15000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:15000]
[TWO_HANDED:9999999]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:9999999]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]

This creates the booby-trap weapon, which is too large to be used by creatures. But it can be added to weapon traps. It fires special ammo, in this case its totems. Its from the kobold mode, they fill skulls with special powders to build little bombs.

The first one spawns some webs, the second one incapacitates the enemy, the next one starts a fire, the last one melts everything with dragonfire. Thought you might like these things as ideas for your traps. :)

LonelyZues

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2014, 11:08:11 pm »

Maybe an upgraded golem. Animal form that is created like a trap and acted like a trap, except it can move and be destroy like normal pet. A normal golem have 1 sword/spear/hammer. This trap beast is equipped with 10 spears or swords. They are easy to be destroy, but they can be mass produce like crazy.

Or Gnome traps can hit even trapavoidable creatures.

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:59 am »

Or Gnome traps can hit even trapavoidable creatures.

Something about a kobold trying to sneak around a trap only for it to leap onto their face and explode is kind of appealing to me for some reason.  :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2014, 02:26:33 am »

Exiled creatures are removed from their civ and reclassified as wild animals, which then leave themap.  I'm not sure what their history will say.  There's probably a way of doing something more interesting with them, like making them a night creature or assigning them to an enemy civ so they'll show up in sieges but I haven't experimented with that so far.  What I'm trying to do is to see if I can make the law enforcer exile criminals if the civ's ethics say so.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 02:28:18 am »

Exiled creatures are removed from their civ and reclassified as wild animals, which then leave themap.  I'm not sure what their history will say.  There's probably a way of doing something more interesting with them, like making them a night creature or assigning them to an enemy civ so they'll show up in sieges but I haven't experimented with that so far.  What I'm trying to do is to see if I can make the law enforcer exile criminals if the civ's ethics say so.

why not exile them to a friendly civ? That way they won't be KoS when they suddenly go crazy hostile as an enemy civ member? Then they -should- just leave the map right?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24