Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330921 times)

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #465 on: March 27, 2015, 06:47:50 am »

Two things for me, if anyone knows:

- Is there a game similiar to Recettear? I like the concept of Shopkeeping, but couldnt find anything decent.

- After replaying Sang-Froid, I was curious if there were any other trap / hunting defense games around. I played Orcs must Die 1&2 for hours allready.

And before I forget:

- There are a lot of new "survival" / "building" games on steam. But honestly, I cant tell which ones are good or not. I've seen stuff like "Life is Feudal", "Reign of Kings", "Savage Lands" and "Rising World", but with so many avaible, I dont really know which are actually worth the money. I played Wurm back in the day, but found it WAY too grindy, but the basic concept was pretty cool.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 27, 2015, 06:49:24 am »

I am playing the latest iteration of Avernum.  The graphics/ UI improvements make it  more fun. 
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 27, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »

So. A building game, not Minecraft. Doesn't have to be block-based. I'd like to be able to building structures. I.E. Castles, fortifications, manors, etc. I'd like people to use what I build. Anything come to mind?

I really like world-building, and I want to be able to share what I like with others, preferably letting them play in a world or structure that I build. Thoughts?

I think there's an aspect of this in Clockwork Empires

EDIT:
The first half of the request at any rate
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:42:28 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

bluth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 28, 2015, 06:34:55 am »

Is there a good racing  game with team management ?

I would like to take car of my cars, my drivers etc

Actually I'm not necessarely looking for a simulation, something like a racing blood bowl will be awesome with sp and mp league. But if there's only a sim it's fine.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 28, 2015, 11:07:28 am »

Is there a good racing  game with team management ?

I would like to take car of my cars, my drivers etc

Actually I'm not necessarely looking for a simulation, something like a racing blood bowl will be awesome with sp and mp league. But if there's only a sim it's fine.

Like Pro manager cycling ? never played it but seems to be what you what, if you like bikes.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

bluth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 28, 2015, 12:55:59 pm »

Actually I was looking for something a little bit more exciting than biking but thanks !

Theotian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:03 pm »

this is not the kind of team managment i think you mean. well kind of. take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsM93WKtaRw

called qvadriga. i know does not roll off the tongue! also first post woot.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2015, 06:45:18 am »

this is not the kind of team managment i think you mean. well kind of. take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsM93WKtaRw

called qvadriga. i know does not roll off the tongue! also first post woot.

Thanks for the input. Never heard of this game, but I think I'll buy it. Looks very interesting.

Theotian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2015, 02:02:38 pm »

No problem and here is another if you have not heard of it though i assume you have seeing how high profile it seems to be : http://store.steampowered.com/app/250240 called racing manager 2014

I was wondering if anyone knew any good crime simulation games. while i prefer syndicate or empire large crime games where you have to plan and manage your men you recruit i do not mind text based games ala liberal crime squad one of my favs right now.

It seems like a neglected genre i am not looking for a shooter type.Grand strategy crime.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »

There is also a game called moonshine runners... again no team management but it has an option to play in turn based mode (well not turns but a mode where everyone gets a limited number of waypoints to spend and gets to watch the results)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it as Mario Kart on acid.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:05:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Theotian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »

ya i gave that one a whirl its a good management game but not as in depth in the right areas as i am looking. its kind of you looking at your empire building i want to deal with the people and go in myself if i can. thank you for the suggestion though!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:49:21 pm by Theotian »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2015, 07:05:47 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:05:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 15, 2015, 08:46:40 pm »

ya i gave that one a whirl its a good management game but not as in depth in the right areas as i am looking. its kind of you looking at your empire building i want to deal with the people and go in myself if i can. thank you for the suggestion though!

You could try Gangsters 1 or 2 (I think most prefer 1).
It's more empire building but you can follow your thugs and give more specific orders.

Mafia 2 and GTA:San andreas (and probably the newer ones) had some "do it yourself" criminal activities.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:56 pm »

I quite enjoyed Gangsters 2. Definitely recommend it as a crime management sim. Nothing quite like expanding your racketeering empire and smashing up your rival's speakeasies.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 179