Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 330920 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #495 on: April 19, 2015, 01:26:58 pm »

Maybe you should try fragile alegiance? It's not modern by any standard but it is all about building a mining empire inside an asteroid belt with several alien races as opponents you can engage in trading, diplomacy, espionage and war.

loved that game! I hate the interface, I also can't get past of the starting phase without getting slaughtered by random aliens, but I just enjoyed building missiles and ships and everything :D

anyone know a 4x game that plays like that? I already have distant world universe, but I find it a little shallow
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:33:30 pm by LoSboccacc »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 19, 2015, 02:55:56 pm »

Well distant worlds Is kinda the least shallow 4x game there is.

The other similar games i can think of are Sins of a solar empire and Aurora.

Sins is even more shallow than DW and Aurora has virtually no interface.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #497 on: April 19, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Maybe you should try fragile alegiance? It's not modern by any standard but it is all about building a mining empire inside an asteroid belt with several alien races as opponents you can engage in trading, diplomacy, espionage and war.
Thanks, I will take a look.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 20, 2015, 02:29:06 am »

O yes I need this thread. Too many times have I made threads looking for certain types of games.

So, does anyone know of any games with obscene amounts of loot? I'm talking about everything from weapons/armor to furniture to deeds to gems to taxidermy models and whatever else you can think of. I want to be a hoarder and collect stuff I will never need. The closest I've come to this is oblivion, where I could drop and move items in the real world and displayed pretty much everything I could find. Another game that inspired this urge was animal crossing. No MMOs please.

Well, in addition to Oblivion, there's also Behesda's other big games, Skyrim, and Fallout: New Vegas.

If you don't like bethesda, you could try Dungeons of Dredmor by Gaslamp Games. Though for this play style I recommend playing in debug mode so you don't have to continually skip bunches of turns every time you want to move a lot of stuff to or from the storage dimension.

EDIT:
on a similar note, Fallout: New Vegas becomes a lot less of a hassle if you use the console command "player.modav carryweight 20000" to effectively remove the carrying capacity limit from the game
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:31:12 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:40 am »

O yes I need this thread. Too many times have I made threads looking for certain types of games.

So, does anyone know of any games with obscene amounts of loot? I'm talking about everything from weapons/armor to furniture to deeds to gems to taxidermy models and whatever else you can think of. I want to be a hoarder and collect stuff I will never need. The closest I've come to this is oblivion, where I could drop and move items in the real world and displayed pretty much everything I could find. Another game that inspired this urge was animal crossing. No MMOs please.

Well, in addition to Oblivion, there's also Behesda's other big games, Skyrim, and Fallout: New Vegas.

If you don't like bethesda, you could try Dungeons of Dredmor by Gaslamp Games. Though for this play style I recommend playing in debug mode so you don't have to continually skip bunches of turns every time you want to move a lot of stuff to or from the storage dimension.

EDIT:
on a similar note, Fallout: New Vegas becomes a lot less of a hassle if you use the console command "player.modav carryweight 20000" to effectively remove the carrying capacity limit from the game

"Divinity: Original Sin", along with the two previous entries "Divine Divinity" and "Divinity 2: Ego Draconis" are pretty good with lots of loot.
You can take paintings off the walls, usually some kind of meal or food off tables and so on. It varies between games with Divinity 2 having the least lootable stuff I believe. Divine Divinity has lots of small food items like tomatoes, cheese and apples while Divinity: Original Sin has the paintings you can take off walls. There's not much use to the stuff other then eating or selling it all but... eh.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »

Apparently Jagged Alliance 2 had expendable personalities! I weep, for are there none more like it?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2015, 03:26:39 pm »

I retract my reccommendations for Skyrim
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2015, 08:05:55 am »

Are there any fantasy games who's art sets out the terror's you face? Sincerely horrific, intimidating enemies as you'd get in a very good horror. Can't remember seeing a skeleton that made me blink or a beast I was afraid to get too close too.

Similarly, let's take the thing (F4) as a example. How you seen art that gives the impression of a rock that moves rather then a person who happens to be pebbly?
Reading a thinner book

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 26, 2015, 10:11:51 am »

Dark Souls and Bloodborne come to mind.

There are some games slightely based on (or outright mods of) left 4 dead where a group of survivors have to survive a player controled monster but those are multiplayer only.
Self promotion below.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 27, 2015, 01:49:47 am »

They're not actually intimidating though.
Reading a thinner book

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #505 on: April 27, 2015, 05:51:36 am »

you're going a bit overboard with this whole mood thing. The game itself is still good

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 27, 2015, 08:17:49 am »

Huh?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 27, 2015, 10:23:25 am »

Self promotion below.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2015, 11:56:08 am »

Are there any fantasy games who's art sets out the terror's you face? Sincerely horrific, intimidating enemies as you'd get in a very good horror. Can't remember seeing a skeleton that made me blink or a beast I was afraid to get too close too.

Similarly, let's take the thing (F4) as a example. How you seen art that gives the impression of a rock that moves rather then a person who happens to be pebbly?

Sadly this is hard to do. I'd have to say Metro: Last Light, Outlast, and F.E.A.R. 1-2. FEAR and Outlast don't have so much as enemies as they have things that will make you jump. And Metro Last light has intimidating enemies, but not "horrors".

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2015, 12:17:58 pm »

They're not actually intimidating though.
Is the requirement mainly intimidating entry level mooks?  Cause in Bloodbourne, many of the mid-later ones can look intimidating at first encounter... until of course you can easily beat em.  Some are outright dangerously intimidating... all the time.   Like the crazy ladies in hinterchalices... >.>

Though, this recommendation is moot if you don't have / don't plan on getting a PS4 anyways.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:44:17 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 179