Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14416 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2014, 01:14:17 am »

...Azthor? You there, probable partner?

Apologies, guys, been a busy few days, so your Prince has not yet responded to your addresses!  This will be corrected later this evening.
This Prince brings life to the party--good work Iituem! :))
Also I keep on misspelling your name as Iiteum..ergh. Sorry.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2014, 07:16:13 am »

I will get my post up later today, yesterday wasn't a good day for me to post; I barely had any sleep.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2014, 08:04:44 am »

Whoops i didn't notice that i was asked to stay...ahem. Lets just assume i didn't leave before the meeting on the following day had ended.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »

As everyone else said Caz, I can let you in. You just have to post a sheet first. And as Ardas said, there are lnded titles left, such as the two counties and the duchy of Valleyfall.

Cool, I'll write something up. What's the aim of the game btw? Is there an overarching plot? It seems like it's pretty early in the game - the lords and whatnots have gathered to show allegience to the king, and some mercenaries have been hired to root out some rebels of some sort. And there's a weird statue. Did I miss anything?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:25 pm »

As everyone else said Caz, I can let you in. You just have to post a sheet first. And as Ardas said, there are lnded titles left, such as the two counties and the duchy of Valleyfall.

Cool, I'll write something up. What's the aim of the game btw? Is there an overarching plot? It seems like it's pretty early in the game - the lords and whatnots have gathered to show allegience to the king, and some mercenaries have been hired to root out some rebels of some sort. And there's a weird statue. Did I miss anything?

Nope, you got everything right. So far the overarching plot is always about dealing with problems of the kingdom and making it grow, while each lord tries to increase his power. Most lords love to fight for the crown too, at least that's how it was in past renditions of the game.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:17 pm »

Taricus, would you mind explaining in brief the advantages/disadvantages between raising a levy and hiring a retinue, and then the difference between a noble and peasant levy?  I realise this is in the first post, but I had a few problems parsing it exactly and a summary would be very helpful.  :)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2014, 10:36:56 pm »

AFAICUI, raising a levy is where you hire a shitpile of peasants and give them some shitty gear, and they are your usual 'standing' forces, so to speak. The armies are made mostly of these guys. They're cannon fodder. Hiring a retinue is more like... A unit of Knights compared to the levy being a unit of militia. They're elite, but few and far between, and EXPENSIVE AS FUCK. A noble levy would have the money to provide their own equipment and be well equipped, thus providing a sort of bridge between a peasant levy (the aforementioned cannon fodder) and the mounted elite knights.

Right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2014, 01:02:09 am »

Pretty much what Hans said. Getting a retinue up to speed is EXPENSIVE, but you can upgrade them further than the levies in a far shorter amount of time. The difference between a peasant levy and a noble one is huge, since the nobles will have more training and better gear. Just be careful about losing them, nobles don't grow on trees (Though you can hang them on one like an ornament! :P )
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2014, 02:49:20 am »

I like how the mistakes between Severan and Severance are little and far in between--only noted was filiuse's and even then it was just a minor typo :)

Query: Is it possible for this Duchess to create her own tradelanes or commit her first action towards economic stability/growth?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2014, 05:38:17 am »

If I may say so, the duchess seems very eager to commit herself to this union.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2014, 05:52:16 am »

Hmpf, would it be possible to convert my Orders Horses and Riding Skill into other Upgrades? Since the Order is tasked with guarding forests and hunting bandits Horses are really not coming in handy...plus it seems weird given their penchant for being more of Forest Rangers than knights.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2014, 06:39:02 am »

I don't think the spreadsheet shows the baronies granted to the priesthoods yet (1 parcel each, I'm guessing?). I'm just wondering if i should consider having 5 or 6 income/land for the purposes of this turn.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2014, 07:54:25 am »

If I may say so, the duchess seems very eager to commit herself to this union.
I look to my people's benefits first. :I
That's a good thing. And nobody said that its implied that the Duke will lead it!

Though a stray thought went on the idea of 'Roll for union domination'...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2014, 11:46:23 am »

That's all in the legal documentation. Though who leads it MAY just become a sore point though :3

And ghaz, sure. Go check the prices on those upgrades and replace them with ones of equivalent value.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

Hmpf, would it be possible to convert my Orders Horses and Riding Skill into other Upgrades? Since the Order is tasked with guarding forests and hunting bandits Horses are really not coming in handy...plus it seems weird given their penchant for being more of Forest Rangers than knights.

I should probably do this for my Dwarven household guard, because Dwarven Cavalry makes no sense. Dwarven Cavalry is better armored Dwarven Infantry...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20