Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread  (Read 14388 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« on: December 17, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »

What is this about:

You are King is a game of political intrigues, feudal warfare and so forth. This is a multi-player game, and there are no hard player limits, though land can become scare depending on how many players there are

Mechanics
These form the skeleton of the game. If you're trying to do something outside of these, it's either role-playing, or I have to make some new rules up on the spot. Either way, it is rather relaxed in what you can do. The basis of this system is a simple d6 (Or several) in RtD style, with each increment on the dice representing varying degrees of success, to the point where you overdo things on a hard 6

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Economics mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

World creation and conduct rules:

The world is yours to seemingly shape as you see fit in character creation (Stupid ideas will be shot down via GM veto though.). This includes races, culture and the map itself, however, there are a few things that should be noted:

-The world is one of high fantasy. As such, different races are able to be played. This does not mean they cannot be diverse (Humans being the diverse species in a setting is something I loathe >.>). Depending on the kingdom, some areas will be rather cosmopolitan as well. Stereotypes are bound to exist though, regardless of the species/race.

-Magic exists, but NO player may become a mage, end of story. This is to keep the focus on politics rather than a magic dick-waving contest. Most magic will also be restricted to "Passive" roles as well, being used to enchant items and aid society on a whole, though a few small spells exist for self-defense purposes.

Now, for conduct: These rules exist to keep an OOC notion of fair play, and to head off disputes before they come up.
-NO metagaming. This one can be hard to avoid, and hard to judge. Make sure you would have IC knowledge of something before you react to it however (Rather public events would be certain to be known by everyone though.)

-NO PMed actions. This is a (Largely) co-operative game, you shouldn't need to the ability to try backstabbing every other player. However there are two things that are the exception: Plotting and PvP ambushes. In the former case. All message MUST be sent to me as well as the recipient, this is to let me keep an eye on a plot, and keep the more impossible ones out. In the latter case, the ambusher is allowed to send their initial battle orders to me via PM. After the trap has been sprung, the ambusher must post their actions normally.

With everything else, I assume you'll make decisions in good judgement in regards to the matter, though I maintain the right to kick out any player whom routinely brings up content not appropriate for the game, picks fights or otherwise acts belligerently in OOC, or makes a joke in referenced to an overused meme.

With that, I now let you create and post your sheets, along with ideas for the races inside the kingdom and the constituent culture of the kingdom itself, along with any religions and so forth. The region the kingdom will be in is forthcoming however, so please try not to make any assumptions about it (The climate of such, you can however.)

IC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135064.msg4876362#msg4876362

Link to the spreadsheet (Where all the finances and trooped are tracked): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AocBcUU4ly-GdE5KZ1pYVlZoSW1OZ0x1SndGTWp5OUE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:45:23 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King: New Realms: OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »

Reserved

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:35:50 pm »

Glorious.

Manifesting my interest... But I should be sleeping at this hour, so the sheet'll be coming in tomorrow.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:37:53 pm »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:16:40 pm by adwarf »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 11:57:54 pm »

Placeholder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 12:05:00 am »

I am interested in this thanks to your town crier.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 12:06:33 am »

PTW and perhaps to play also.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 12:47:51 am »

Posting... to watch.

The curb of commitment and RP ability to play something as intense as the YaK series has always been a bit out of my reach, but maybe if I struggle, I can give it a try. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:04 am »

Posting to show interest, also to reserve a spot for a char and kingdom info.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:38:56 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 04:55:52 am »

Do I even need to say I'm in? I suppose I do. Sheet incoming later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:04:16 pm by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 05:02:46 am »

All aboard the murder train!

Spoiler: WIP  Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:56:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 05:18:01 am »

Hmm since i am not sure how many players you will accept, nor how many kings, i'll put down several apps fitting to situation if that's okay.
Concerning the in the applications noted "nomadic" people, i know you already said no nomadic tribes due to extra rules you had to roll for, but can we keep this just an rp thing and use the same rules for them? :D

Spoiler:  Little Explanation (click to show/hide)

-doing a third application later if both apps are invalid...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:20:45 pm by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 05:37:24 am »

What is up with you and the nomadic people?

Also, you got your ranks all messed up. Vojvod usually was below the kniaz as a both military and noble rank in Slavic part of Europe - it was an appointed office most of the time, akin to marshal/provincial governor, and it served in both roles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 05:40:58 am »

Well ghaz, there aren't going to be multiple kings. BUT, people vote for which kingdom as they want.

The noble sheet looks good though, so long as you don't mind them being semi-nomadic as opposed to being true nomads.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 06:04:28 am »

Done...kinda. Since I went all special snowflake on this guy, feel free to veto him Taricus if ya don't approve.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20